Nokia walks us through design of Nokia Asha 501
The Asha 501 is a lot about its design indeed - it packs a two-element construction that snaps together sturdily. The handset runs on a slightly updated version of Nokia’s all too familiar Series 40 interface and supports the very basic Java applications.
Now, Nokia decided to walk us through the design inspiration and the story of the Asha 501. Take a look at how it came to be and what is the resemblance between the new Asha and Nokia’s Lumia Windows Phones.
source: Nokia Conversations
2. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
The sexiest low end phone!
Well done Nokia!
4. boosook (Posts: 1073; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
without GPS, without 3G, without compass, with a miser 240x320 screen... well done? really?
5. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Do you know what is "low end"?
6. boosook (Posts: 1073; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
"low end" in Android's world means with gps, 3g, compass and 320x480 3,2" screen at the same price, what's more with full access to the immense google play store...
7. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
This phone is not running Android! DUH!
9. Veigald (Posts: 240; Member since: 13 Jan 2012)
Low end in Android's world means horrible lag, hangs, reboots and an overall miserable experience...
At this price point, you will be hard pressed to find something that will offer a better experience than this phone.
24. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
You are comparing a ™Full Android OS™ to a unmatured half Wp8 OS.
Surely it will lag, cause those A8 Arm Cpu are not power intense to drive that Resource Ram, Cpu hungry OS!
11. StreetNerd (Posts: 719; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
i dont think u can apply "low end" to a non smartphone
16. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Ok then, how about "budget-friendly"?
10. SIGPRO (Posts: 496; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
Damn you must be real stupid, this phone is meant for upcoming markets like India were there is no 3g or almost no 3g available!
Also een 3g version is coming....damn people if you dont know anything about it dont troll....jeeeezzz droid fanboys!
19. Snoobab (Posts: 174; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Most entry-level 'droids break when you fart in their vacinity and look ugly as trolls...
26. akki20892 (Posts: 3614; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
it's not high end device dude, it's a low range cheaper device......!!!
3. tiara6918 (Posts: 1492; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
This asha line up reminds me of m&m's. So many color options,keep it up Nokia!
13. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Why do I feel like buying this phone? o_O
30. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
I hope Nokia release more phones like that :)
20. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1005; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
lol strangely i do too they look so cool and small and sexy
22. Shubham412302 (Posts: 301; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
even though I have a good phone I like this phone
23. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
And I feel like not even take, have it for free™
21. Shubham412302 (Posts: 301; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
the phone is so smooth.
I think nokia should make high end phones from this os and encourage developers to port games and apps
32. MC1123 (Posts: 1247; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
no, meltemi is a linux type os, this is just another java!
33. MC1123 (Posts: 1247; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
its really annoying that its running java and cant multitask and dont havew great and HD games! unlike if it runs a new skin of symbian!
symbian has HD games and great games as well! and the best in MULTITASKING!