Nokia video shows why the 41MP PureView snapper on the Nokia Lumia 1020 is better than a DSLR
0. phoneArena 25 Jan 2014, 01:54 posted on
Nokia has just posted a video on YouTube that makes you question why anyone in their right mind would want to lug around a DSLR wherever they go. Huge lenses, tripods and batteries are some of the extra equipment and accessories that have to be carried from one location to another. And when you want a picture of you and your SO, you have to turn over to a stranger a complicated piece of equipment that could easily be dropped...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
19. Volcra (Posts: 21; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
How is this any different to those fighting ads... Nokia is having a go at the entire DSLR community, its Nokia vs DSLR (It IS a fighting ad)
21. Jehovah (Posts: 69; Member since: 25 Jun 2013)
Best phone I ever had... And since I would hardly walk around with a dedicated camera, the best camera I ever had as well.
22. livyatan (Posts: 867; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
It is better for the fact you almost always have it with you.
Which is the single most important thing when it comes to taking special photos.
24. district11 (Posts: 125; Member since: 17 Apr 2011)
Anyone who owns a DSLR knows that phones are far behind in picture quality ;)
39. hurrycanger (Posts: 1556; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Yep! I don't own one myself (and I'm not so interested), but I can tell because my little sister, my older sis' bf, my dad, and my dad's side family all have and play DSLR.
25. andro. (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
In not sure of it quite matching a dslr shot for shot but it can come close. The 1020 camera runs rings around the likes of the iphone 5s
26. surethom (Posts: 605; Member since: 04 Mar 2009)
As a fantastic camera that you Always have on you, it is fantastic, but will not yet replace dslr's for most.
29. Vanster (Posts: 124; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
just ads guys, and its simpler and not better than dslr, but the best than any other phone
35. fireblade (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
I agree, Lumia 1020 at some cases is better than DSLR. 808 PV is even better because it has bigger sensor
38. twagn (Posts: 16; Member since: 02 Jan 2014)
The cheapest P&S cameras take great pic's in good light...even $49 ones with no two year contract
40. E.S.1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
It's definitely not even close to a DSLR camera.... There is no true telephoto, a real macro or Depth of Field control that is as good as an SLR camera.
So Nokia settle down. You may make good phones but not to a point to replace an SLR.
45. twagn (Posts: 16; Member since: 02 Jan 2014)
Torn between a 36mp Nikon D800 and this Nokia that has 41mp. Decisions, decisions ......;)
46. sergiobr (Posts: 694; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
LOL ! Ty to do this Nokia ...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v
=xfJRH0-NJcQ... and after all compare to a DSLR ! Sony RX100 (I or II) the best pocket solution !
51. p51d007 (Posts: 220; Member since: 24 Nov 2013)
LOL....41MP PINHOLE camera better than a dSLR, that's a good one. The ONLY thing 41 megapixels in a PINHOLE camera is good for, is cropping & zooming. In low light, a pinhole camera CCD, because of the nature of placements of the pixel elements, is going to exhibit NOISE, and will most likely have some crosstalk. There was an ad that Nokia had for this when it came out. Shows a girl at the back of a concert, snap a photo of the band, then ZOOM into the stage, crop it, then sends it to her friends, and when they get the photo, it appears she took the photo from the FRONT of the audience, not the back. If anyone is dumb enough to think a pinhole, high megapixel camera can replace the dynamics of a dSLR, they know absolutely nothing about photography. This camera can replace point & shoot cameras, but not the dynamics of a full size, or APS-C size dSLR.
53. orielwindow (Posts: 107; Member since: 23 Sep 2010)
That nice Nokia. Now maybe have it available on more than ONE carrier in the US.
82. mousesports (Posts: 273; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
The DRUNK its you amigo !! Go to search on google and find some rewiews ... loser ... And better look on the first page and there you have 3 links where you can take a look ... LOSER !
84. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Lol you must be living in nokia dream land even L 1020 is not a match for my RX100 II.
80. E.S.1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
This is embarrassing for NOKIA.... Really. SLR is an SLR period!!
85. mark_ray (banned) (Posts: 35; Member since: 26 May 2013)
Nokia is going crazy after Camera, because they can't compete with Android amazing features, they are just focusing on camera...worthless in my openion
86. scapula66 (Posts: 4; Member since: 04 Feb 2014)
dear frıends..whıch s better sharper lookıng on computer screen?nokia 808 or nokıa 1020