Nokia to offer a dual-SIM variant of the Lumia 625
0. phoneArena 03 Aug 2013, 23:43 posted on
Nokia’s Lumia 625 offers a large screen, competent hardware with solid Nokia build quality, and an...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Sesameopen (Posts: 106; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
Not even HD resolution with low PPI, don't know how the screen would look irl :/
2. jedpatrickdatu (Posts: 151; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
Low-budget consumers with Ashas and Galaxy Ys seem to manage with 155ppi-133ppi. I'm sure the 625's 201ppi will be enough.
3. Sesameopen (Posts: 106; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
I had an ipod touch 3g, which is 170 something PPI, after getting my first motorola photon q, the screen looked terrible :/
6. jedpatrickdatu (Posts: 151; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
The 625 is supposed to be for developing countries, where many of its citizens can't afford to be spoiled by expensive Retina displays. I'm Filipino and most of my friends don't even notice how low-res their 133ppi Galaxy Y screens are even when I point it out. They even tell me that the screen is great and they don't get what I'm complaining about. They also understand that it's a budget phone and they are willing to live with many comprimises. I also had a Nokia C2-03 which had 155 PPI, and while the quality wasn't breathtaking, I was able to manage, cause, well, I'm poor. :)
7. Sesameopen (Posts: 106; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
That explains how you have internet connection! :D
8. jedpatrickdatu (Posts: 151; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
A very laggy internet connection. Sorry about that, I'm not that poor, perhaps more of middle-low class.
A survey in India a while back showed that 59% of households have mobile phones while only 47% have toilets. You can see how much it matters for them to stay connected and they are willing to live with comprimise.
9. Sesameopen (Posts: 106; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
50% toilets. DAYUMM.....
Less than 50% of FAMILIES have access to a toilet ouch.
15. theminolaboy (Posts: 128; Member since: 18 May 2013)
You nailed it, Jed! A fellow Filipino here and the heck with pixel densities. iPhone 4S and iPhone 5 cost an arm and a leg here in the Philippines, folks. That is why people here aren't complaining about pixel densities. Some people are even contented in having feature phones. Saying that doesn't mean that you won't see expensive gadgets, though. People buy phone's for its full price and I did not even experience a single subsidized phone in my life.
14. Sesameopen (Posts: 106; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
Ikr, my first thought was 5", not bad, then I saw 480, Then I saw the 180 PPI and threw up all over the keyboard.
4. jedpatrickdatu (Posts: 151; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
I'm confused with the "golden" part. Is it just a complement to the 625 or is it related to a new feature?
5. justsayit (Posts: 227; Member since: 09 May 2013)
why look like lumia 720? =___=
i want lumia 725 or g2 or nokia upcoming phablet
13. Antonyjoseph (Posts: 215; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
This would ba obviously targeted at the galaxy grand which has the same screen resolution and at present costs more than the Lumia 720 (MiddleEast). How come nobody complains about the 480 X 800 screen resolution of S2plus, S3mini, Galaxy grand etc all of which are selling at a higher price?
16. theminolaboy (Posts: 128; Member since: 18 May 2013)
and I have the same question as well. Some 'Galaxies' sports a horribly lower pixel densities than Lumias but why the heck people aren't complaining about it? Can someone explain to me what's happening to our beloved planet?
17. gazmatic (Posts: 625; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
because to some people samsung can do no wrong
they are diehard apologists
the device can literally lag a full three seconds in their face and they will say something like "that is because it is chockload with features unlike...."
sad sad sad
18. ItsMyChoice (Posts: 37; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
because they are fanboys. They will not accept.
19. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Sammy won't pay their employees to criticize their own low-res devices on PA ;o)