Nokia to announce its next big thing on May 14th in London
0. phoneArena 25 Apr 2013, 11:55 posted on
Nokia has started sending out media invites to its next event, which is scheduled for May 14th in London. The company is teasing the event pretty simply by saying that "The Nokia Lumia story continues". Obviously, there is no word on what exactly will be shown off, but there could be more than you might expect...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Ninetysix (Posts: 1893; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Last "next best thing" event from another company was a huge disappointment. I'm not falling for that again.
7. Penny (Posts: 1398; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
I dunno...Nokia spends a lot of money in R&D, and they attract top tier engineers. I don't necessarily expect to see new inventions, but I do look forward to seeing what cool stuff they've been able to incorporate into the upcoming Lumias.
8. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Yea another wp8 Nokia highend device with 2012specs, huge big wide heavy and a brick™
14. Penny (Posts: 1398; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
I am rubber and you are glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you!
16. Emily1985 (Posts: 127; Member since: 08 Nov 2012)
2012- Nokia “HAAC” Rich Recording -------> 2013,on htc one
2012- Nokia OIS ---------------------------------> 2013, on htc one
2012- Nokia low light performance ----------> 2013, on htc one
2012- Nokia super sensitive screern--------->2013, on samsung galaxy s4
2012-Nokia wireless charging-----------------> maybe in 2014 on htc and samsung .
You have something more clever to say?
28. feres13 (Posts: 306; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
I agree with the Mics, but OIS is something that have been on DSLRs since the 90s, nokia is just the first to have it on a phone, and low light performance is a consequence of many factors (Aperture, OIS, Shutter speed...), NOT a technology by Nokia, Super sensitivity is a Synaptics technology, and Wireless charging has been there for a while (Remember the Palm Pre??)
31. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Everything, has been pretty much there.
But the fact that Nokia improvised it for smartphone purpose is a neat feat! That is why they are steps ahead of the competition in hardware innovation (i don't mean processors and stuff) terms.
32. Emily1985 (Posts: 127; Member since: 08 Nov 2012)
1) I did not say that Nokia invented all this, I just said that Nokia had used it already in 2012.
2) the OIS in DSLRs is different from OIS in the Lumia 920.
38. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
then i can also say 1080p is on LCD and LED Tvs and desktop displays from 2008 or before that prety old isnt it meh :P
29. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Come to think of it, all those innovations didn't come scattered in multiple devices... Everything came with the 920. That's something to be proud of.
30. Emily1985 (Posts: 127; Member since: 08 Nov 2012)
“HAAC” Rich Recording Was first in Nokia 808 PureView, but yes all this technology is in Lumia 920.
20. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
TROLL is a paid WP basher who is not worth the money they pay him. He has no credibility...
22. Emily1985 (Posts: 127; Member since: 08 Nov 2012)
No one will pay him for the stupidity he writes here.
41. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
troll is lonly no one wants to be its friend and all it has is SGS[x] where x is whats comes every year with more cores and same performance still it braggs and normally humans ignore it
and it normally hates everyone who users mobiles that are not android. it thinks world should obey it but nothing listens to it
46. pookiewood (Posts: 631; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
Sticks and stone may break my bones but chains and whips excite me!
2. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Good luck Nokia!
I'm very excited! May 14th, the Nokia Lumia story continues! OH YEAH!
11. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I dont think so®
Heres a red thumb from me™
4 reds already.
55. shikroi (Posts: 187; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
And here is a red thumb from me
15 reds already
56. windroid (unregistered)
I think you are addicted to thumb down (red thumb you name it) either that or you just stupid.
This post is completely unnecessary, the first post is something I would expect for someone very dumb.
So... I'm just hoping you are addicted to thumb downs. Won't let you down and giving a great red thumb.
63. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Who cares about your stupid red thumb? Now I have 19 green thumbs already! IN YOUR FACE TRADEMARK TROLL!
Heres a red thumb from xperiaDROID, you're "dead"!
23 reds already.
50. akki20892 (Posts: 3782; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
EOS, Catwalk, and NL928..........can't wait........Go Nokia Go.......!!! who know some cool features in it, solar charging may be
64. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Don't worry, there are more INNOVATIONS comin' from Nokia! Soon, those Nokia bashing idiots will smash their head with a hammer.
Go Nokia Go!
3. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
The king is coming back, enough said. Will we see an N80/N95 like WP8 device elevate them back to their rightful place, I hope so!
53. akki20892 (Posts: 3782; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
u r right dude samsung is flop the next big thing.
Nokia have not say next big thing, the phonearena said that. not nokia i hope did u get this.
5. McJobs (Posts: 107; Member since: 08 Jul 2012)
NOKIA show them, what are REAL innovations !
57. windroid (unregistered)
Innovation is when something new, unique and fantastic is released or invented. Something Nokia presents the world constantly and concurrence can only dreamed of.
Innovation is when a new technology is developed and concurrence in despair stoles and call their own.
It's something beyond your comprehension.
59. windroid (unregistered)
Innovation represents the amount of money you paid Nokia in royalties for the technology you have in your phone.
Nokia thanks you!
65. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
TROLL, what the hell is wrong with you? I'm gonna sue you for trolling on articles!
51. akki20892 (Posts: 3782; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
wait and see nokia have surprise for us
6. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
I hope they unveil the Nokia EOS, but that's very unlikely.
15. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
I can't wait to see their phablet or whatever they have planned, Quadcore Snapdragon 800. If Nokia bring this to market with a windows 8 like experience with a larger screen in the realm of 5.5 inches, this could potentially change the game and threaten the market dominated by larger screened Androids. I can only dream!
10. sharks (Posts: 193; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
For as long as Nokia sticks to Windows OS on its devices (which unfortunately seems to be set in stone)... There's no doubt that whatever Lumia or tablets it releases, it will be worthless without any apps or games to enjoy the hardware. Most people who bought Lumia are already regretting it and i don't think that going forward makes any sense for Nokia. Of course, since Microsoft is footing the bills at the cost of 1 billion dollars per year to Nokia, then i guess Nokia can just keep churning out Lumia's to keep Microsoft happy. I think the strategy here is to win slowly and gradually through saturation of the mobile market with Lumia's. If you buy a high-end Lumia, you're most probably not going to be able to buy a worthwhile Android or iOS phone the next day, so you'll be stuck with that phone for several months or years. A sale is a sale, for Nokia and Microsoft! As long as their phones are being used, they don't care if people are hating them for such poor software on very capable hardware!
71. cyko969 (Posts: 49; Member since: 23 Mar 2010)
For most people who actually buy the Lumia, I'm sure they know what there getting themselves into and buy the phone for their taste and for what the phone can do. I actually know quite a few people that have purchased a Lumia and are much happier with it compared to what they were using it for previously and don't regret purchasing the device at all. Myself included, and I was a previous Android and iOS user.
As far as saturating the market with Lumia's? lol .. isn't that what Androids success came from in the first place... flooding the market as a cheap iphone alternative.
19. wendygarett (unregistered)
Yup, definitely a next big flop...
21. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
TROLL is a paid WP basher who is not worth the money they pay him. He has no credibility...
The same thing applies to wendygarett, who is just another one of his multiple nicks (owned).
23. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Yup, definetly a big flop, with the ™Trademark™
25. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Responding to your own WP bashing posts, huh?
You need to get a life, TROLL :o`
45. clevername (Posts: 1435; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
People should really learn about things before they talk mess. You are not confined to Bing and IE. I have google set as my default search engine. Its done in settings. I also have 4 browsers on my phone. One is IE, one is Nokia express, and its wonderful, and two 3rd party browsers. Other than that, I actually like IE. It has flaws but all browsers have their cons.
49. SIGPRO (Posts: 754; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
Nokia EOS 41MP Pureview will be presented.
This phone will kill all other phones!
52. akki20892 (Posts: 3782; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
no doubt 100% u r right. EOS EOS EOS hot looking, powerful, and unique
54. xprimer (Posts: 43; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
i had many laughs with yu trols. Get a life and find some job. Oh my apologies, yu were employed just to troll. I almost forgot, you earned a degree, BS in trolling, masters in bashing. . .
62. deburocks (Posts: 126; Member since: 20 Apr 2013)
hmmmm.. Im still coming to terms whats new with s4 in real life??? Camera- nokia has it, screen - nokia has it, wireless charging-nokia has it, gud hardware-nokia has it, f.b intergration - nokia has it, gud battery life- nokia has it, worldwide bandwiths- nokia has it, msoffice integration- nokia has it, lagfree o.s- nokia has it, best browser- nokia has it, best tiuch sensitivity n sunlight performance- nokia has it, best design n hardware- nokia has it, i really doubt what sammy has to do vid its s@@t4 .... Buying this monster when it arrives , no stopping me.....
68. knowah (Posts: 15; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Since a lot of the 'leaks' have been slightly off, I'm hoping there will be an update on internal hardware, just to compete with the future WP devices. I don't want to buy a phone with the same internals of a 6 month old device.
Ah well. VZW is the only national carrier with good coverage around here, so I'll buy the best they offer. Either way, I'm tired of waiting.
69. sbw44 (Posts: 425; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
Looks like PhoneArena deleted my comments on not doing anything about these android fanboys! Heck they might even delete this one as well, but clearly shows now that they have a clear bias towards anything android
72. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
you say exactly what ive said to p.a itself many times. the rules here only apply to those who arent deluded fanboys and in love with android and more over samsung
you will get moderated more and more everytime you point out the obvious bias of this site thats going downhill.
id say either stop moderating if they cant be fair or start cutting there beloved android fanboys down too.
we should just move to a differant site soon as theres no indication they give a damn about the smaller groups its all for android only