Nokia tells unhappy iOS 6 map users to try Nokia Maps on their browser
0. phoneArena 24 Sep 2012, 08:15 posted on
For those iOS 6 users who are not happy with all of the problems that Apple's new mapping application has had, Nokia suggests using their mobile web mapping app; on its Twitter page, the Finnish manufacturer says that "Nokia Maps is award winning"...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
I prefer Apple map :)
4. Captain_Doug (Posts: 966; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Just to give you some scraps... name one good reason why... I'd really like to know.
5. Galen20K (Posts: 528; Member since: 26 Dec 2008)
oh so you'd rather use an inferior product only because it has the magical "Apple" branding on it? Wow, people and their priorities are scary these days... smh
13. mrllano (Posts: 91; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
Let's respect his decision and at the same time laugh at it.. :)
33. tegradragon (Posts: 68; Member since: 23 May 2012)
I think its a 'her'. Ive been trying to figure.
20. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
Thats exactly what he/she is looking for. And even though all her/his previous posts aim at getting max amount of responses, ppl still pointlessly respond. She/he hates apple one day worships it another day and ocasionaly even a meego fan/hater
29. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
There is like 2 person behind Wendy Garett
22. HTCFreak (Posts: 155; Member since: 17 Jul 2010)
wow, getting thumbed down for her personal choise... Geez PA-users
28. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1705; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
You must be new, "Wendy" is a common troll here
25. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
your call dont say we never warned you might fell off the cliff :P
6. AeroPrime (Posts: 175; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)
I think Nokia is thriving as a map alternative. We a fooled by google and apple for their maps. I really feel Nokia Map is pretty good.
7. -box- (Posts: 3984; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I wonder if they'd ever get to the point of charging for access from a mobile phone (even if just a negligible amount, like a few cents), with a startup ad "You could have this free and without using your data plan on a Lumia. #SwitchToLumia", though that might a bit too apple-ish for them, so maybe just having the ad up while it's in use. Might as well, free advertising
8. frydaexiii (Posts: 1420; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Haha, Nokia really likes to take advantage of others when they're down don't they? Even Samsung doesn't stoop so low, they attack Apple the way Apple presents itself, not when they screw up.
21. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
R u serious? Wow... Only reason Samsung didnt do it is because motorola thought of it first
10. lee480 (Posts: 196; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
Apple = Another Pointless Product with Limited Engineering
24. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Great acronym construction! That earned a thumb up from me.
34. tegradragon (Posts: 68; Member since: 23 May 2012)
Apple = Another Pointless Product with LOUSY Engineering actually. :)
12. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
gotta give it to nokia. nokia maps is even better than google map for searching a house number.
16. Stoli89 (Posts: 333; Member since: 28 Jun 2010)
The best part about Nokia maps is that I can do offline turn by turn navigation. For me, this is a big plus becasue I set my carrier manually to avoid foreign network roaming charges near the border. The data roaming charges are also very high when out of country. With Nokia Drive, I never have to worry about this issue. On top of that, the maps are free and available for about 120 countries. Offline routing, offline searching...all very convenient...especially on int'l business travel.
With an unlimited data plan I find Google Maps exceptional for the USA. Comparable to Nokia Maps and better when it comes to search. But on a global basis, nothing beats Nokia's solution...and it is free for me. Add in the fact that many unlimited plans are being moved to tiered data deals and the Nokia approach makes even more sense.
17. ryq24 (Posts: 643; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
a friend own both galaxy s3 and lumia 900. he agreed nokia maps way better than google map.
26. ogy_dogy (Posts: 453; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
After all these apple afairs Nokia is looking good right :D
31. StephenGalop (Posts: 52; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Ok, go ahead and use Apple maps and fall off the cliff..