Nokia tablet to join Nokia Lumia EOS with July launch via AT&T
0. phoneArena 01 Jun 2013, 05:55 posted on
Two of the most rumored products that Nokia fans have been hoping for, the Nokia Lumia EOS and a Nokia tablet, are both going to hit the market in July according to a source with knowledge of Nokia's intentions; the Nokia Lumia EOS is an oft-rumored Windows Phone version of the Symbian flavored Nokia 808 PureView, right down to the 41MP sensor on the rear camera...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1618; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Oooo, well done Nokia, Nokia are finally starting to realise if they wish to survive they need to adapt to modern needs eg. A tablet!
9. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2964; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
When the rumors of Nokia tablet first leaked out with the picture of the device above, i thought it was too good to be true.
Now that they say it's legit, i'm just speechless! Looks awesome.
July...it'll be a month to fly(if the news is true).
12. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1618; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
I know right!' I completely agree its good to see Nokia actually attempting to get back in the game Unlike in 2007 when the were to late to really judge the smartphone threat...well done Nokia
78. MistB (Posts: 543; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
I really hope the tablet experience is a Windows 8 Pro and not RT with beautiful build quality that takes us back to the N70 and 8800 days. I personally can't wait for the EOS/Tablet and i hope to God the Phablet rumours are true.
89. Krisskross (Posts: 4; Member since: 01 Jun 2013)
Are you paid to force microsoft F.U.D
A jornalist must be honest
22. rahulz (Posts: 116; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
With a full features OS "Windows 8"
nokia, they are damn smart
and choosing nokia as their best partner may be the best decision microsoft have ever did.
47. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5282; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
It is a shame that the L-EOS will be stuck with a substandard carrier in the US. Oh well. Maybe in 2014 VZW will get an improved L-EOS-8.
57. Whateverman (Posts: 3158; Member since: 17 May 2009)
When will OEMs learn that exclusivity hurts them?
80. -box- (Posts: 3566; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
In fairness, AT&T pays a lot of money for exclusivity, and after the 900 and 920, apparently the formula is successful enough for Nokia and AT&T both to keep doing it. Not only that, with AT&T having the fastest LTE and second-most widespread, it isn't a bad choice for a tablet to be on. My preference would be T-Mobile but they only have LTE in a few cities yet, as while HSPA+ is nice, it's good to have both available (which Verizon doesn't, and where Verizon doesn't have LTE you're stuck on their CDMA-based 3G,ugh).
82. Whateverman (Posts: 3158; Member since: 17 May 2009)
True, but look at what happened when the Galaxy line was introduced. Samsung was horrible (at least IMO), look at the Samsung Glide fiasco. That was quite literally the phone from h*ll! I was tech support at VZW when it came out, and it KILLED Samsung rep with every customer who had ever used, seen or heard about it. Then out of nowhere, the Galaxy S shows up and everyone simply forgot about the Glide and now Samsung is the #1 cell phone manufacturer.
I'm sure your right about it working for them, but I for one will probably never experience the best Nokia has to offer because I refuse to go to att, and there are many others who feel the same.
BTW, I made the jump to T-Mobile from VZW... And I love it. I love my bill even better. I do miss the building penetration sometimes, but not enough to go back.
84. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5282; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
The places where VZW doesn't have LTE service are getting fewer and fewer as time goes on. By mid-year, there won't be any place where you have to suffer on 3G if you are on VZW. It will be LTE or nothing.
61. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 632; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
And what a tablet, if this is legit it will have very small bezel. Nice work Nokia looking forward to seeing more of your products might even consider switching to WP just for the 41MP monster.
109. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
If the tab in that picture is the real deal, gawd, that thing is beautiful...
2. ArtSim98 (Posts: 1130; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Wow! Will be a great July! 2 great Nokia devices and my birthday!
68. CyberAngel (Posts: 46; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
but I think I'm buying the Elop's "Hero" closer to Jesus' birthday...
3. salehsobhan (Posts: 15; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Oh god how dearly I wish the EOS is true.
20. SportDriver (Posts: 26; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
Haha, same here ;). It was said that EOS could even come on my birthday, 9. july
I hope it is true.
29. kobainez (Posts: 292; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Don't be too happy because they will be a competitor for EOS and its Xperia Honami aka i1
31. salehsobhan (Posts: 15; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
I actually dont give a rats ass to any sony, or as a matter of fact any android phone.
32. raunak (Posts: 490; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
Honami's sensor leaked a few weeks ago. It's bigger than that of N8, but nowhere near 808. Honami might be able to compete with S4 zoom and N8, but not that 41mp camera.
48. kobainez (Posts: 292; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Bigger sensor doesn't mean its better. Just wait until it release then judge
54. x_maly_x (Posts: 54; Member since: 01 Jun 2013)
You are joking....?
56. kobainez (Posts: 292; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Can u just wait and see what sony can do?
59. x_maly_x (Posts: 54; Member since: 01 Jun 2013)
Bigger sensor + 6lens optic = better pictures , period.
99. kobainez (Posts: 292; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Honami will be better than galaxy camera for sure and it will be even greater than lumia eos in terms of specs minus the camera alone
64. raunak (Posts: 490; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
You are wrong, ofcourse. More MPs don't mean better picture quality, but bigger sensor does, exactly. There's no way Sony achieves better images with smaller sensor, because you can't un-follow Laws of Physics.
100. kobainez (Posts: 292; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
They can achieve better image with smaller sensor. Its their magic thats why u need to wait and see
103. raunak (Posts: 490; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
Okay, so now we are talking about magic. Good.
105. kobainez (Posts: 292; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Well u see, Their rx100 cn beat a dslr and rx100 is a compact camera not a dslr. That's their magic just wait and see and stop replying
107. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
stop replying or waht? are gonna cry?
Sonyt has nothing to threat Nokia. If they had they would show it already. Z? Overrated and looks like it didn't cut. They're trying to get back to cybershot series because exmor sensors aren't as good as they hoped.
Each time I can hear the same when sony is about to unveil their flagship. Superlatives...and how it ends. Everyone knows.
111. kobainez (Posts: 292; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Well sony sales beats nokia atm. How's that not a threat to nokia? This is Sony camera engineers we're talking about not Sony Mobile
112. kobainez (Posts: 292; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
The team that worked on Xperia Z camera is SONY mobile not SONY CAMERA ENGINEER division. Sony camera division will work on Honami camera. Just shut the f**k up if you don't know what u're talking about
115. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
stfu you can tell to you mother you retarded kid.
Nevermind, you're just too narrow-minded to discuss with.
If they had anything they WOULD show it already!!
doesn't matter which division you douchebag. They revealed Z as their flagship a few months ago...don't you think they should have put something really special in it?????
use your brain.
87. haseebzahid (Posts: 1775; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
it was released in 2011 and it proved its way way way better then any other thing on phone 808 was compared with DSLR and was trailing only by margine is daylight shot
110. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Bigger sensor is ALWAYS better. You cant modify a hardware once it is finalized, but you can modify the software with updates and patches if necessary. Someone who doesnt know much about photography should just shut up, because the statement "Bigger sensor doesn't mean its better" really made you look stupid.
70. CyberAngel (Posts: 46; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
It's a very good sensor
and since there is no Lumia 808....
people will buy Honami instead.
73. raunak (Posts: 490; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
Not yet. But I hope Nokia is quick enough to bring that 41mp sensor.
76. Whateverman (Posts: 3158; Member since: 17 May 2009)
I just check out the specs on the Honami and all I can say is... Where in the heck this that come from? And... I want it!
And I am not a fan of Sony at all.
39. rahulz (Posts: 116; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Actually I am happy because competition is good.
94. akki20892 (Posts: 2667; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
yes it is.........can't wait to see Nokia Tablet and EOS.....!!! july is a huge month for nokia and for us.
6. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
yes.yes.here it is guys.well done nokia
7. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
yes.yes.here it is guys.well done nokia
8. smartphone (Posts: 160; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
July I think is early at least give the 925 and 928 3 months for sale. a September launch with new SOCs and processors is great to fight with the note 3, Sony flagships and the new iPhone.
10. galaxymega6.3 (banned) (Posts: 33; Member since: 08 May 2013)
41mp? Is that all you got? pftt
16. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1001; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
oh no you didnt?! (insert nigga finger pointing upward)
58. Whateverman (Posts: 3158; Member since: 17 May 2009)
If you can't express yourself without using that extremely derogatory word, maybe you shouldn't say anything. It's very offensive.
24. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4830; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
16MP? Is that all you got, Samsung? Pftt
27. raunak (Posts: 490; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
No, that's not all Samsung's got. They also have plastic. Loads of that.
34. galaxymega6.3 (banned) (Posts: 33; Member since: 08 May 2013)
well the nokia has loads of brick too
38. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4830; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
At least Nokia's "bricks" are indestructible. A SMASH on your head and you're DEAD.
41. raunak (Posts: 490; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
That is because Nokia made a huge mistake when they added wireless charging in 920 itself, instead of adding support by a cover. They corrected that in 925, which is around 9 heavier (S4 is all plastic. Cheap, clumsy and thin plastic, not the 920 kind of plastic) and 0.6 mm thicker than S4, which does not have OIS and has bigger screen and more surface area to make the phone thinner.
52. deburocks (Posts: 126; Member since: 20 Apr 2013)
dude raunak . Mind ur tongue bro . Have respect for the masterpiece of all galaxies. Why makin fun of a masterpiece?? This plastic man, This cheap load of plastic can easily generate enuf heat that during winters u can easily fight against extreme chill. . its not a joke ,45 degrees is what we really need to ward off extreme cold... This super duper heat is cmng frm a plastic( which wont melt) and light weighted object. No heater in this world is as small, as this plastic( hurray) ....now dats what i called innovation...respect..... if u know what i mean.....Nokia shame on u, ur lumia series cant b use as heaters....grrrrr