Nokia swings back to profit in Q4, closing its toughest year with a glimmer of hope
0. phoneArena 24 Jan 2013, 05:41 posted on
This Holiday quarter was Nokia’s best one in the long bumpy road since its adoption of Windows Phone as its main platform…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Diego! (Posts: 448; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
They should release Nokia Lumia 920 in SouthAmerica ASAP. One of their strongest markets is there!
35. Just_a_boy (Posts: 183; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Brazil too, my friend brought for me one Lumia 920 from UK because here in Brazil no signs
37. brandonrana (Posts: 57; Member since: 04 Nov 2012)
Iam very happy.. Congrats to nokia.
Nokia f*ck the whole universe :p
56. akishakoi (Posts: 65; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
I got mine from Singapore. I probably am the only one to be an end user/owner of a Lumia 920 here in the Philippines. It will probably be launched on Feb
50. cameogt (Posts: 88; Member since: 18 Oct 2012)
i say they Nokia should focus on SEA, Europe, SA, Africa and NOT on USA. USA is not a powerful market.
3. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 944; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Q4 results for Nokia only represent a very small time figure for selling the Lumia 920, and that was before they had access to Chinese and Indian markets. I predict the next quarter will look very different in a positive way...
8. MeoCao (unregistered)
last Q is the first Q 920 was on sales, this Q many top phones will be released and 920 is getting old. I think Nokia can be helped by new phones like the 920 variant for Verizon. But it will be very difficult.
36. -RVM- (Posts: 329; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Phones announced on CES will not be available in Q1. But some people may decide to wait for those, which will come to market in Q2.
52. haseebzahid (Posts: 1761; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
they just coming to announcment in MWC and its not old only US, EU and china has it a whole world is outside US
5. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
I See a much profited next quarter for nokia as the l920 was made available in india this month.
21. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Yeah, sales figures are pretty good here. A friend was number 65 in the booking list an hour after pre-booking was opened for the 920 in a particular store.
10. oo7Bond (Posts: 9; Member since: 25 Oct 2012)
NOKIA gonna rock this year..see you soon as a KING
13. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2957; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
...and i hope the new devices which will be released in the upcoming MWC will help them keep their place.
20. luabin (Posts: 30; Member since: 29 Jul 2012)
when is the launch of most awaited lumia's wp8 here in the philippines? 920!!!
22. luabin (Posts: 30; Member since: 29 Jul 2012)
when is the official launch of the most awaited lumia's windows phone 8 here in the Philippines? i want it so bad 920!
23. Sarajevo (Posts: 37; Member since: 30 Nov 2012)
It means, this is mainly result of new Lumia line which was selling only half of 4Q with lack in suply. If they resolve problem in delivery and have no problem il low suply they can increase results. So, if they are selling it for whole quarter, it means some 1.4 mil units. If they manage to make traction, they can increase result additionaly at least 2 times. It is almost 3 mil units for 1Q 2013. And it is only for USA. And from Jan they start selling it in India, China, and all other big markets with low end devices like L620 and L505/510.
If they can manage to secure solid suply, they can reach 20-25 mil units in 1Q and other quarters can be only better... I am an optimistic...
25. jameshoe (Posts: 128; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
Android OS + Nokia tech = 1 billion units sold...
28. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
wow you can see into the future and you know what would happen......why dont you use that power to see if you ever stop crying about nokia going android
its become tragic that android fans claim they have the best and samsung,lg etc are choice yet whine on here they need nokia
then they slate nokia's efforts anyway. pathetic
41. Bernoulli (Posts: 1334; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
The thing about nokia is their modernization, they as a company are fantastic, but the os they adapted is very poor and undeveloped, the reason why people say nokia should adopt Android is because we'd like to see nokia flourish and grow, because nokia doesn't deserve to be below lenovo in profit margins, but at this rate they will collapse, but that's why it'll be nice to see nokia adopt another os and operate like Samsung, where they use a couple of oses like tizen, Android and windows, variety is what makes a company grow because us as consumers have options and we are not stuck with a main os, I was very loyal to nokia, heck I even have an 808 pureview, but the windows ecosystem isn't my cup of tea, so for nokia' s sake I hope they adopt another os or develop symbian a little more, I like the belle update, kind of compares to a mixture of ice cream sandwich and gingerbread but you don't get the honeycomb multitasking. Nokia I wish you the best, former King of the mobile market
43. GENERAL-BAKSHE (Posts: 28; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
Look whose talking, the big Wp Apple Troll, all you do is complain and nag, take. You're crap elsewhere, no one likes pigs, coopers!
Don't post you're Android fanboy scrap, he's this, he's that! What are you, 60 years old guy.
47. jroc74 (Posts: 3621; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
How in the world do you figure someone....wantng....a Nokia Andriod pohone as ......needing it.....
Please step of that high horse you are on. The more you post....the more I see you are exactly what you claim to fight against.
26. papss (Posts: 2860; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Android➕Nokia equals laggy soulless beautiful shell... See we can all do that.
31. StreetNerd (Posts: 698; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
QWERTY SLIDER LUMIA WILL SELL LIKE HOTCAKES :D
32. Samsomesh (Posts: 180; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
Nokia+Android will surely rock.... I still hope 1 day we'll see nokia with android.!!!
40. Martine (Posts: 102; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
This is very good for the stability of Nokia as a company but until the mobile division records its first profit in years, all we can do is hope
44. aco96 (Posts: 167; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
I just can't believe MeeGo and Symbian are dead. R.I.P. my favourite os-es :(
46. rusticguy (Posts: 2810; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Profit is because of change in Location & Commerce and also profits jump from Nokia Siemens network which i think is about towers management or something .... if 7 million smartphone sales could get company out of red then every other company wouyld have been out of red. This is just fudging things up ... :)
48. lubba (Posts: 1309; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Great news for Nokia, eh PA and Android folks?
49. mrvalthier (Posts: 3; Member since: 06 Jan 2013)
What a shame, the best cellphone manufacturer making high quality devices with a inferior operating system... If there was a Android Lumia line, Nokia will be the best again, and I would have a Nokia phone for sure.
57. luabin (Posts: 30; Member since: 29 Jul 2012)
@akishakoi i think so, you're the first to have nokia lumia 920 here in the ph, anyway how much does it cost you in singapore?