Nokia “smokes” BlackBerry users in new Amazing Everyday video challenge
0. phoneArena 24 May 2012, 13:55 posted on
Nokia is out with a new challenge, this time for BlackBerry users that like FourSquare. While the competition still gets smoked, Nokia manages to find a kinder tone in their new video...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Yeah, smoking a BB phone is not very difficult.....
13. abhishek48 (Posts: 164; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
Lets see when bb10 comes out... smoking a old os is not big deal... Any expert user can smoke lumia with a gs2
17. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
When BB10 comes out, WP8 will be out already.
14. corporateJP (Posts: 2057; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
This is like watching the two old guys in "Grumpy Old Men" fight.
It's funny, sad, and pointless all at the same time...
2. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 365; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
comparing bmw(bb) with hyundai(nokia).no way.now compare bbm.
5. SleepingOz (unregistered)
More like a Mini Cooper and a Fiat 500.
3. AndroidShiz (Posts: 154; Member since: 08 Nov 2011)
Smoking BB, the other failing phone company? Shocking. Way to be tuff. Pick on the dying and kick'em while they're down. You know what else Nokia is smoking if they think WP will save their company?
4. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"Smoking BB, the other failing phone company? Shocking. Way to be tuff. "
They are both failing companies, so there is nothing wrong.
15. corporateJP (Posts: 2057; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
As previously stated, watching the two old guys in "Grumpy Old Men" fight is pretty much the same concept: funny, sad, and pointless all at the same time.
8. profperez1 (Posts: 50; Member since: 08 May 2012)
Nokia sold out the Lumia the first 4 weeks of production. 2-3 million handsets activated. This trend won't last with one carrier in the US. When they have 3 carriers in Q4 I think this will be a consistent number for them. I think as far as activated phones---the world will be impressed Q1. This won't translate into great cash flow right off---but it will come.
7. ivanko34 (Posts: 617; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
Nobody owns a window phone
Nobody will buy one
Ugly phones as ugly as m$
9. profperez1 (Posts: 50; Member since: 08 May 2012)
Most tech writers recognize that there is going to be upward and downward trends in the next 3 years. Apple is suspected to have slightly less market share and Windows much more...almost 20% by 2015. I guess 5 years ago the thought of Kia being as big as they are today would have seemed crazy---but they are. Two years ago the handwriting was on the wall for Blackberry---just as the upward trend now for Windows. Verizon said they were going to put Windows Mobile on the map just like they did android---so I think that means they are going to activate many many phones.
16. corporateJP (Posts: 2057; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
But, some variables may change that were not previously equated.
10. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
11. Stuntman (Posts: 796; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
I won't be sold unless they can smoke my Nokia N97 running Symbian S60. :)
18. Roomaku (Posts: 278; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
Do they honestly think some girl with an old as F**k blackberry stands a chance? Besides what's with the WP7 hate? OBVIOUSLY it's not going to outsell precious android and it's hundreds of handsets that have permeated the market, but at least it's not mimicking another operating system, but that debate could go around in circles. The point is Android may be amazing but it's just a common as the iPhone and thus, at least for me it doesn't stand out and becomes boring. I mean honestly it's another day another Android super phone in the works or coming out! This time with a 5.7" screen!!! It's a little ridiculous if you ask me, If I wanted a mini-tablet to use a phone so I can look like the biggest tool on the Bus or on campus I would buy one. So it's just a little ridiculous all the bashing going on, WP7 is an interesting and supported operating system that's up against ridiculous and extremely suborn consumers that can't see past the 20 Android phones released this week and the next 10 coming the following week. I hope WP7 can show people that it's worth all the money Microsoft and Nokia are investing.
19. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
funny how narrow minded people here are. It shows that these people can't still accept the fact the windows phone is starting to gain trend. go and put a thumb down.
24. profperez1 (Posts: 50; Member since: 08 May 2012)
Some people have a bias against Windows because of Vista and they have been out of the market. One year ago I would have had many doubts about the come back----but they did it. So for many people they are going to have to have Lumia type phones at every carrier and brisk sales.
25. angelesmec (unregistered)
In the end the only question is...... are lots of people gonna purchase a windows phone or it will just vanish in smokes? Is it worthy of your hard earned cash?
26. huevmeister (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 May 2012)
Ooook the great and powerful LUMIA is beating a CURVE 2G!!!!! Wow! Stupid comparison.