Nokia shuts down its biggest retail store
In the past six years Nokia missed the smartphone boom and is now struggling to catch up to Android and iOS.
Nokia has also changed its retail strategy radically. From an Apple-like approach to retail with its own retail locations, the Finns are now “growing its presence in operator and third-party retail outlets.”
Nokia is also planning to scale up its online presence and for the particular store in Shanghai, China operations from it will move to a smaller store there. Earlier, Nokia shut down its flagship store in the capital of China, Beijing.
1. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4666; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Geez.....that's big, I hope Nokia will plan to open this on my country........ :)
Not my country, I must say globally, OK? :)
2. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I wonder whats next™®
So this surely states and shows that Lumia was a "Failure" with the " ™®© "
10. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2957; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Shutting down it's biggest store doesn't mean Nokia's dying. This store just makes up about 0.1 % of the total stores in and around the world. This doesn't state anything of what you said...
Damn! PA must be tired of banning you...that now they are giving you unlimited trolling spree.
25. akki20892 (Posts: 2285; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
they r not, but they r working on something new maybe new os from nokia or who knows android or selfish......!!!
4. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Yea in your dreams, we do go and float to LALALAND and come back, we are allowed to dream©
With staggering 67% market share worldwide and still dominating™®
17. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
I think we need more people like you who goes around posting "Android is dead!" because there are too many people posting iOS, Blackberry and Windows Phone is dead.
51. SGSatlantis (Posts: 205; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
And people of the Internet: this is how a Troll is born.
46. joey_sfb (Posts: 1866; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Could happen, if Samsung get their way with Tizen.
Three things Tizen needs;
- Build in Android Emulator
- Solid hardware spec with Intel processor
- SDcard and removable battery
6. sprockkets (Posts: 849; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Reportedly Nokia closed the store when they couldn't find any way to metrofy the building.
7. FlushGordon (unregistered)
...and the Microsoft jinx continues
Seriously they can't keep Windows OS forever, it's "abandon Microsoft, swallow pride and move on or stay with Microsoft and go out of business"....
9. Aeires (unregistered)
Plan B is starting to look better every day.
33. lyndon420 (Posts: 1469; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Ms did this on purpose to nokia because they want to manufacture their own ms branded phones. When Nokia's worth has reached rock bottom ms will buy them up and Nokia will become a cherished memory of quality from back in the day.
50. bayusuputra (Posts: 939; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
They should revamp the whole Symbian or improve on the amazing MeeGo.
But oh, well, Elop is on the wheel..
8. FlushGordon (unregistered)
I remember the days when 90 percent of my classmates in College owned a Nokia....truly sad of what this once mighty company has become....a bottom feeder
11. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
id love nokia to choose every os other then android and watch these sad fanboys whine, get a damn grip motorola and HTC are in bad situations too yet you dont say anything as they run android on there devices mainly
go troll elsewhere android fanboys
13. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Its that damn undesirable WP OS dude, what else could it be?
15. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
But not that bad that Elop had to sell his headquarter and his salary being deducted to 1.5million, even sold Vertu. A company selling there headquarter how cheap and degrading can he go™
Poor guy. They should fire the board members and him right know
35. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 944; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
You're of your mind: Nokia turned a profit the previous quarter, after at least five quarters of massive losses, and now you're suggesting they fire the CEO that accomplished this feat?
TROLL, you are beyond belief sometimes. Hahahaa
16. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Nokia fans are on outrage and going mad violent™
18. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2957; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
That's when you turn into a troll-pire!! 'Fool'-moon for you
34. lyndon420 (Posts: 1469; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Uhmmm...no. We'd much rather stay here and irritate you. I can't speak for others, but personally I like to feed off of your frustration. iSmile when you comment.
38. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
aww your stalking me how sweet and sad
am i the closest thing you have to a friend?
you dont frustrate anyone, people just laugh at your kind kid
39. lyndon420 (Posts: 1469; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
ithink of you as entertainment. I don't keep friends for long so I guess it's just you and me baby :)
40. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
well maybe i should go put on my smart suit and pulling shoes, make it a night to remember
or i could dress as the green robot, you would prefer that im sure
12. Shrihari (Posts: 79; Member since: 29 Jan 2013)
hey nokia please once try multi os. mozilla for low end touch devices and android+win for high end devices...REMEMBER: You didn't do any promise for ms that either you'll make windows phone os famous and let yourself die....just once try your luck with android...with a complete free sourced os and your extraordinary hardware there'll be no match for you in market...also i believe if 42 mp sensor is introduced in your android phones you would be a direct competitor to samsung+apple...
14. allen83 (Posts: 104; Member since: 01 Mar 2012)
They will change their os soon enough. If they will swallow their pride i'm pretty sure they will take the Sailfish OS not android. Meego was Nokia's pride when someone ruined it.
30. rusticguy (Posts: 2810; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Huh ... i thought someone said Lumia's were selling hotter than hot cakes in China :D
31. ojdidit84 (Posts: 162; Member since: 16 Jul 2011)
When I saw that Nokia phones would finally be coming back to the US, I was excited. Then I saw that they'd only be sold with WP. I was disappoint. If they'd not been so stubborn and made a few models that resembled the Lumia line for Android, I'd have been all over it. But with Elop's allegiance to MS, I don't see them using another OS for quite a while. Something has to change for them to stay afloat. Nokia's may be the best selling WP devices but WP isn't exactly selling like crazy anywhere. They need to change their strategy because they're being held back by WP.
32. lyndon420 (Posts: 1469; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
How can Nokia be in financial trouble? They went exclusively with WP. I just don't get it....what could possibly be the problem?
36. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 944; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
There is no problem: WP8 recently doubled it's marketshare, and Lumia's are selling well, especially in the developing world in places like India, and China. Nokia made the right choice, and the financial results will speak for themselves...
37. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
how do android fanboys always find there way to these articles if they have no interest in wp or nokia
you lot love to point out others problems, go back to that article about google been as you believe ''victimized'' as googles a saint............well thats what you all believe reality is far from this
nokia will do fine without you fanboys dont worry
41. lyndon420 (Posts: 1469; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Oh oh...touched another nerve. Not going anywhere now...I'm hungry. Feed me CR.
42. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
again your not touching anything, just making yourself look a stupid kid when proven to be a fanboy as you are
keep it up, i dont mind people seeing what you are
and dont you worry one day you will grow up and have hair down there little boy (see this is because if your over 12 your truly a tragic person)
43. lyndon420 (Posts: 1469; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
We DO have an interest...at least in Nokia. They are well known for their quality hardware, it's just sad that ms forced them into exclusivity with WP. Every other OEM has dipped their toes into other OS's - Nokia could have done this while they waited for ms to finish their OS. All the laid off workers probably would have welcomed it.
44. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
so hows this using 2 os's working for HTC?
not well and motorola ? there not doing much to shout about. only samsung are getting anywhere with android so nokia will pull the same trick with wp8 become the major name and be associated with it
we can all whine about nokia killing symbian/meego etc but time to move on. so many living in the past most dont understand business yet are quick to slate a companys efforts
besides wp8 does all needed for the general public with a growing app store. you dont really give a crap about any laid off workers your just trying the classic sympathy note with a hint of a dig at nokia...pretty much didnt work though
seriously though and you seemed to skip it are you still worried you havent grown any hair ?
45. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Ouch, Nokia are still cutting stores/factories to survive. It was always going to happen, you got to let go to survive.