Nokia shows you how to make the “switch easy” to a new Lumia in new series of videos
0. phoneArena 09 Apr 2014, 20:38 posted on
Face it, switching between devices, particularly when it is across operating systems, feels like it will be a tedious task...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. SAO101789 (Posts: 123; Member since: 10 Feb 2014)
Nokia next flagship please so I can say goodbye to my iphone!!
3. akki20892 (Posts: 3900; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
#lumia930 or wait for next 1020 successor or 1520 successor (aka1820).
I'm gonna get 930......switching from nexus 5 to 930 soon.
4. Muzhhur (Posts: 260; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
It does not work your sharing system! fix please
6. Scott93274 (Posts: 3718; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
Easiest way to switch to a new phone, Motorola Migrate. ;-)
7. alterecho (Posts: 1098; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Symbian to Windows Phone is not an upgrade. Its a downgrade. I switched from Symbian to Windows Phone, and WP is soo empty.
15. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
at least he has brain... wp fanboys doesnt have it ;)
20. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2068; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Don't kid me bro. I know you love WP but you're just afraid to admit it. Its OK.
23. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1178; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
just cause you love something doesn't mean you have to be completely oblivious and blind towards it
24. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1368; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
WP has a much much larger apps/games library than symbian ever did, its a dead OS, slow, not so great for touch screens but better for feature phones and cheap models, I really dont get it what so empty in WP when compared to symbian, now if you said its empty compared to android then I would understand you.
8. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
I stand by this. My dad made a switch from galaxy y to moto g using that migrate app. Absolutely painless.
30. ZeroCide (Posts: 765; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
Hmmm android to android. I hope it was painless. If it wasn't android has problems.
26. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1368; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
And how is that in a word of Samsung domination? htc/sony make beautiful quality phones like nokia does and they cant even hit 8% of marketshare. You people dont realise how hard it is to make it in the world of android. At least nokia has no competition in WP8 and with MS behind it it can only do better.
28. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
hat's the thing, no one really wants wp, (masses)they want android, and they would like an option to Samsung.. Hence Nokia.
Whom, wouldn't even need to advertise really, we all know who they are already and what they can produce.
31. elitewolverine (Posts: 5018; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Just like HTC Sony, Nokia had symbian which by the time of the droid had a 1% market share. It was to late.
Right now nokia will have a tuff time against Samsung, just ask the others. Right now the US and only the 'older' crowd knows of the nokia, and they do not know nokia for their awesome smartphones.
It would be an uphill battle to establish themselves, and marketing money they do not have to slam against samsung or apple without outside help like ohhhhhh MS
32. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1178; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
tbh the 8% that htc/sony/lg make are still alot more then nokia makes
10. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 704; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
yup.... switching from 920 to s5............
21. sip1995 (Posts: 1545; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
Are you gonna change your avatar too ? Just kidding.
16. NotAGeek (Posts: 279; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Can't wait for lumia 630 to be released in my country,really eager to switch from my cheap ZTE phone
18. sip1995 (Posts: 1545; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
If you didn't try the windows phone os, don't judge it...if you tried the os then you're free to judge otherwise you're just haters.
19. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2068; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Switched to a Lumia 520 from my HTC One V last year. Haven't looked back since. Now loving WP more than ever on my L1520. :D
29. Antonyjoseph (Posts: 217; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
Use S4 & Lumia 720. Like them both. Use the Windows for all my banking and credit card transactions. Dont trust Android security for some reason. Will wait a year or two before completely switching over to WP. Always love Nokia Phones.