Nokia shows us why its Lumia Windows Phones are safer than other devices
0. phoneArena 28 Jan 2014, 08:16 posted on
The company released a video that showcases the security-related advantages of using a Windows Phone handset rather than a smartphone running another OS (like Android)...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
50. jubbing (Posts: 150; Member since: 20 Aug 2008)
I know right! Silly 40 mil ppl who bought a Windows Phone device!
59. IntroduceMe (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 Jan 2014)
i m one of them silly ppl...........................
but i brought this jus becos of curiosity of window os
52. iTechies (Posts: 85; Member since: 28 Dec 2013)
you know what guys, if i was a hacker, i will definitely want to hack the android or IOS because it is more interesting than the WP8 which seems to be not interesting OS at all. in other words, as a hacker, i don't want to waste my time just to hack a nonsense crappy WP8. hackers don't have interest on WP8.
54. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3110; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Wow. It's so obvious that you are the biggest liar ever. You don't even get any points for effort.
90. iTechies (Posts: 85; Member since: 28 Dec 2013)
me? liar? of what?? by saying WP is not interesting at all? WP is crap OS?? no dude its true! and you know it yourself! thats why WP is always behind Android and IOS!
91. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3110; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I thought you said you are a hacker. I realize now that I misread that. My bad. I meant this as a response to comment #90.
72. Dastrix (unregistered)
LOL you don't say. You're not even a hacker. Get a life sucker!
2. kostas12ldb (Posts: 51; Member since: 18 Feb 2013)
The only reason I feel safer with a WP8 device is because devices running it are not targeted by hacks/viruses/frauds as much as the most popular android platform...
(Proud owner of an HTC One)
10. DFranch (Posts: 142; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
Hey, you just described Apples entire desktop security model for the past 25 years.
15. kostas12ldb (Posts: 51; Member since: 18 Feb 2013)
No-one would even care for 5% of the computer users (MacOSX users) worldwide. 80%(+) is a much more profitable choice!
(5% was 4-5 years ago if I remember correctly...)
17. ihavenoname (Posts: 1569; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Mac is 10% (and growing fast) these days.
27. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Right hackers, like most people out there have no interest in WP.
47. papss (unregistered)
I see you still coming with trolling comments? Nice
71. Dastrix (unregistered)
Haha, it comes out of him, but sadly, comes back on him. Pun intended.
88. Dastrix (unregistered)
Decent attempt, but unfortunately, I'm afraid the link contains infected crap from Lagdroid that could compromise my system. I do apologize for the inconvenience, but please, do describe vividly, the content therein, since you're already in that crap. I know that it hurts for you. I take it you forgot your Google condom. Here's some Kit Kat cream. Rub it in. Might pass for something gross.
75. SleepingOz (unregistered)
And seems like they still make your butt hurt. Nice!
14. designerfx (Posts: 76; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
I'm amused the article reads like a press release. I'm guessing that's all it is, as opposed to actual safety metrics. MS as a first party doesn't do well with security, and merging mobile + desktop into a single OS actually enables more security risks.
32. ihavenoname (Posts: 1569; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
That would be bad... same virus for your phone, tablet and PC.
3. MrKoles (Posts: 341; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
It’s safe against thieves as well...no one would even steal it.
16. Dastrix (unregistered)
Of course, so many M$ and Nokia patents draining money out of Lagdroid! No wonder!
25. ihavenoname (Posts: 1569; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Lagdroid, you seem to be stuck in 2010.
67. Dastrix (unregistered)
No, sadly I'm not.
84. JunitoNH (Posts: 1127; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
No, he's not!! I own a Moto X, Kit Kat inside, as you know, and that sucker stutters and lags. My SGNx with JB, smooth as butter for the first month, now well, see above. I will say, if you haven't used an iOS device in minute, the lag and stutter becomes negligible and you become used to it. Having said that, I will not give up the freedom Android offers, its biggest strength.
70. Dastrix (unregistered)
M$ going bankrupt. B**** please. Go BS somewhere else. What else have you got? A zombie Steve Jobs coming back from the grave?
19. SleepingOz (unregistered)
That's so true! Hahah
20. papss (unregistered)
Lol that was good
38. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1563; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Maybe or maybe not, but this is about protection against malware, hackers and viruses which Android fails miserably at.
80. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Yeah, like those who steal personal information of the user on an Android ?
5. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3110; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
It should be mentioned that while apps from 3rd party sources can be dowloaded onto Android devices, the option to turn that off has always been available. That's the power of choice.
11. buccob (Posts: 1813; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
And also remember that it comes disabled by default.
Android now brings Device Manager which can help you lock, erase and locate your phone...
43. Stuntman (Posts: 820; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
On my Android phone, it has an option to allow apps to be installed from unknown sources. This option is disabled by default. By default, you cannot install apps from unknown sources unless you actually turn on this feature.
7. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6944; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
In my opinion no phone isn't safe from malware or hackers. everything can still be attacked.
30. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Exactly! It's just that hackers, like most people out there, have no interest in WP.
8. yagarwal97 (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 Jan 2014)
Not only safed...but I feel a lot more preveileged nd satisfied using wp8....ANDROID SUCKS....SUCKS...SUCKS....
12. buccob (Posts: 1813; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
so many reasonable arguments...
I will stay with many choice options and being a bit more cautious... thank you
21. shuaibhere (Posts: 1759; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Here comes another blind android(i don't care what OS you like and all)...PA will be better without you...
26. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Can I know why do you feel so "preveileged" with an OS than can, at best, do only half what the world most advanced OS can do?
68. Dastrix (unregistered)
It can't lag as the world's most laggy OS. I almost feel sorry.
74. SleepingOz (unregistered)
You must be refering to Symbian. Right!
85. Dastrix (unregistered)
No. If I were, then so were you. I was quite simply "refering" to Android, you know, that crappy, infected OS, also known as the world's most laggy OS, a.k.a Lagdroid.
89. iTechies (Posts: 85; Member since: 28 Dec 2013)
android lags?? what are saying sh!thead??? android lags on low end and old android devices!!! but not on flagship phones such as N3, G2, Z1 etc! what do you want to say? WP is much more smoother?? yes it is, because it has nothig in it! you keep saying android lags! for your information, android IS NOT lag at high end or flagship phones! i own a nexus 5 and i can tell you that i didnt experience such lag or delays on my N5! your brain is the one that lags! not the android! now shut the f*ck up sucker!!
92. Dastrix (unregistered)
Butthurt much? I'm not sure why, but you seem to be enraged for no reason. No offense. Perhaps it's because I'm right. I'll say it again if it makes you feel better. Android is infected, crappy, laggy, and buggy. The list could go on and on. On top of that, it's not secure. You need to relax. All that negative energy isn't good for you.
93. iTechies (Posts: 85; Member since: 28 Dec 2013)
i want to ask sir, you're a WP fanboy arent you??
77. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9668; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Note 3 and Nexus 5 are laughing at your comment.
78. SleepingOz (unregistered)
He, himself, doesn't even believe the BS he spews.
86. Dastrix (unregistered)
"And seems like [it] still make[s] your butt hurt. Nice!"
87. Dastrix (unregistered)
Aw, how cute! Go tell them I say "hello" now.
28. ihavenoname (Posts: 1569; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Preveileged and satisfied are complete opposite of WP experience...