Nokia shareholders to vote Tuesday on Microsoft purchase
0. phoneArena 18 Nov 2013, 20:23 posted on
Nokia shareholders are expected to vote Tuesday on whether to allow the Finnish based manufacturer to sell its handset business to Microsoft. Back in September, Microsoft agreed to buy Nokia's devices and services business and license its patents for $7.36 billion. While Nokia shareholders will have to agree to the deal, U.S. regulatory agencies like the FCC and the DOJ will also have to approve the transaction...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ShenAlJoker (Posts: 113; Member since: 19 Jul 2013)
Let nokia be Free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
25. LiyanaBG (Posts: 381; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
if Nokia accept this deal they will be killing themselves forever. Nokia needs to be international/free they should be able to make all kinds of phones WP or Android or maybe Tizen/other future OS's :)
43. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1178; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
agree on all except instead of tizen nokia should support their finnish buddies and support sailfish !!!
28. Arman (Posts: 47; Member since: 08 Jul 2013)
please for the love of god.. don't let microsoft ruin this one too.. nokia must make devices for all ecosystems... I want a Highend Android Nokia and a Windows phone midrange one at the same time.. is it that hard ?
Nokia is a Strong brand for people like me (28 years old and several years of experience with nokia devices) and Im sure it can live without external help.
ditching symbian was a right thing but Windows exclusivity was the worst decision ever. windows is good for low end to midrange(simplicity - performance) and android for high end(sophistication - apps - multi tasking - etc)..
35. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Lets hope they don't vote then we will see Nokia Android next year.
2. alpinejason (Posts: 262; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
Please. Please Nokia Don't Do it.you would be sleeping with the devil and besides that Nokia is the best hardware company around soon to be lost in the hands of evil Microsoft please I am begging
3. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
I really hope Microsoft doesn't buy Nokia. Especially since that Trojan horse Elop is rumoured to be the new CEO. I can't stand the thought of him ruining Microsoft as well.
41. drdaly (Posts: 69; Member since: 09 Nov 2012)
Just consider it that way: MS. Did have trojan horse which is "Elope" inside Nokia dicision making, he has been taking wrong dicisions for Nokia intentionally i think to let MS. Get to buy a once successful titan Nokia with low price.
Either he's being stupid which i cant accept or, he is corrupted which i see very much logical
4. aryanfr1 (Posts: 121; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
Elop was a torjan Horse and when Eldar Mutrazin told the world he was ignored, and now when pathetic elop gigles for making Nokia the next Zune............. I can only say I miss you Nokia and you should had opt for any of your country men rather than any foreigners representating whatsoever County.
6. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 2090; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
why not customers vote too?the product used by customers,and theyll vote android and nokia will be the top mobile smartphone.
15. Alex123 (Posts: 241; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
Good idea. Customers should be allowed to vote or Phonearena can post article that allows users to vote before the official poll coming so that it can help Nokia shareholders to make a right decision
26. LiyanaBG (Posts: 381; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
Phonearena give us a poll everyone votes and send the poll at the end to Nokia HQ.
37. EgyDroid (Posts: 111; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
Like the phonebloks idea....
we should do it
I really don't want MS to buy nokia It's a legendary company and it would be sad to just vanish like this
46. PBXtech (Posts: 1032; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
Customers vote with their wallets. Unfortunately in this case it might be after the fact.
7. timezone (Posts: 87; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
Evil Microsoft...come on. Google steals peoples personal information and Apple is a cult. Microsoft has been more aligned with the customer. Go Microsoft!!!
39. papss (unregistered)
I agree.. more idiot fanboys with their goggles on as usual.
8. skuld (Posts: 44; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
a bitter pill to swallow but Nokia is stuck with Microsoft. If only they opted to go with Android right at the get-go, the good company won't be where it is at. It's not too late however.
14. Alex123 (Posts: 241; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
Of course, it is not too late for well-known and excellent hardware company like Nokia. You helped WP from Zero to become third biggest OS so why you have to give up??? Give it a try with another OS like Android or iOS and keep WP as your main OS at the time being.
9. timezone (Posts: 87; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
Android is Samsung. Nokia with Android would have been invisible. Going with the windows phone was and is the right move. The gains Nokia has made around the world and starting to show in the US proved they made the right decision.
11. julz17ronald (Posts: 48; Member since: 26 Apr 2013)
I work for MS however, I feel like Nokia should stand on their own.
12. pookiewood (Posts: 631; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
Oh the MS haters are in full effect on this article. Both companies are great and I'll root for both no matter the decision. MS evil? No more Evil than Google intentionally changing browser settings to spy on their "customers". Remember how ugly Apple treated their customers during antennagate? They ALL, MS included work with the NSA. They are all evil. Pick your poison and stfu!
30. Beijendorf (Posts: 340; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
Except Nokia isn't an American corporation, and as such can tell the NSA to go shaft themselves since the NSA secret spy orders don't apply to Finnish people.
51. pookiewood (Posts: 631; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
I do see your point but I wasn't really referring to Nokia. I'm calling out the MS haters that want Nokia to go Android.
38. tasior (Posts: 265; Member since: 04 Nov 2012)
Yes, MS is no more evil than Google. That's why all Nokia users want it to stand on its own. If google were to buy out Nokia we would complain as well...
50. pookiewood (Posts: 631; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
Don't know you personally but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say if Google bought Nokia some of the people on here would be dancing in the streets.
13. Alex123 (Posts: 241; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
Please Nokia reject the deal. We all want you to be independent. The brilliant further is waiting for you. Again, please reject the deal