Nokia says it's "time to shift gears", schedules press event on May 9
0. phoneArena 01 May 2013, 03:10 posted on
Nokia has just announced it will hold a press event on May 9th in New Delhi, India, and chances are we could see a big update to Nokia’s Asha feature phone lineup…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
28. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
You're funny man!
What's next? Stroll?
2. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Wish all the best to you, Nokia!
Good luck! :)
11. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1089; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
yeah i can't wait good luck NOKIA :)
41. akki20892 (Posts: 3756; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Looks Like month May is good for Nokia Fans.......!!!
3. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
I downloaded the windows 8 theme on my photon q and must say it gave me a better idea of how windows phone ui looks and works! I think I wouldn't mind the HTC 8X as a back up :)
4. Edmund (Posts: 656; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
I'd say they'll announce the end of S40/S30. The new strategy will of course shift the focus toward low end Windows Phone 8 devices.
6. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
For god sake NOKIA shift the gear to ANDROID and let the engine pump!
10. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
for god sake stop been a whiny little girl and move on, seriously you have loads of choice if you want android go buy one and shut up
7. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1063; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Yeah I'm 90% sure this will be for the Asha phones buy C'mon where is that Nokia Catwalk? If it doesn't come out in May I'm gonna have to get the S4.
8. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Hope Nokia bring some great Pureview camera quality to Windows Phone like the Symbian 808 Phone and upgraded OIS.
9. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
This May is a big step for Nokia, so excited, can't wait for the results!
12. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1089; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
do you guys think smartphones selling more than feature phones would have anything to do with their decision
14. jameshoe (unregistered)
pay a hacker money to hack some photos
15. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Time to shift gears and bring an android phone to the market
17. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
Come on Nokia!! we wanna see true innovation.
35. best_ (Posts: 50; Member since: 08 Apr 2013)
Nokia has won a court injunction banning HTC from using microphone components in its flagship HTC One smartphones.
It will create more headaches for the Taiwan-based firm, which has struggled with component shortages.
Nokia said it had taken apart the HTC One and found the high-amplitude audio-capture technology was the same as its own.
HTC said it would be looking for alternatives "immediately".
The ruling made by the Amsterdam District Court is effective until March 2014 and will prevent STMicro, which sells the parts, from offering them to HTC for sale.
The court found the parts had been invented by Nokia and manufactured exclusively for the Finnish company's phones.
Nokia said: "HTC has no licence or authorisation from Nokia to use these microphones or the Nokia technologies from which they have been developed.
"The injunction prevents STMicroelectronics from selling the microphones to anyone except us, anywhere in the world, until 1 March 2014. Its scope is not restricted to the Netherlands.
"The HAAC [high amplitude audio capture] technology used in these microphones is Nokia's and there is no alternate supplier."
In a statement, HTC said it was disappointed by the decision.
"We are considering whether it will have any impact on our business and we will explore alternative solutions immediately," it said.
A spokesman for STMicro - which has its headquarters in Geneva - said his company planned to challenge the ruling.
"A decision has been rendered by the Amsterdam Court, prohibiting ST to sell a specific microphone on the open market," he said.
"ST intends to appeal this decision. In the meantime, ST is ready to propose alternative solutions."
43. lyndon420 (Posts: 2570; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Can you post a link please that supports your claim in regards to this injunction?
44. best_ (Posts: 50; Member since: 08 Apr 2013)
sure , here is the link http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/tech
45. deburocks (Posts: 126; Member since: 20 Apr 2013)
Somethng positve frm phonearena about nokia. All the best nokia, i cant see u going down, even i have to beat the crap out of ip@@@ps and galxies.. I will do. U will surprise us iam damn sure..I LUV U NOKIA NT MSFT"""""AND ALL D G&YL₪G XY SAMD""G B""CHES AND IP""OPSTERS " JUST F"O .... Go cry to ur momma