Nokia says it's aware of problems coming from 1308 update; update is halted and a fix is coming
0. phoneArena 05 Apr 2013, 16:23 posted on
Last week,we told you that some Nokia Lumia 920 owners were experiencing connectivity issues with their phone after receiving the 1308 firmware update; some owners of the phone found themselves cycling through LTE, 3G and EDGE speeds to no connectivity at all but the OEM says that it has halted the update and a fix will becoming out shortly...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Sanna (Posts: 2; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
I get tired of the restarts and the poor batterylife :)
Now i have bougt the HTC ONE!
2. LonghornTech (Posts: 50; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
That's just how Nokia does business. It's finished when it's right not when it's released. Rest assured Lumia 920 owners, Nokia has got your back
3. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1178; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
if this was apple your holding it wrong you weren't supposed to update etc...
that's why nokia has one of the best customer supports
4. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
Don't trust Windows Phone 8 cannot be upgrade to Windows Phone 10 OS. Nokia picked the wrong OS for their phones, Android is better.
5. Sterijoana (Posts: 32; Member since: 18 Feb 2013)
No thanks. I don't need Windows Phone 10 in my L820. I'll buy a new one by the time wp10 will be released.
But hey, how do you know anything about wp10 at all? Any rumors? How are you even so sure it will be named "windows phone 10"? Any links to back you up?
8. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
I have already hacked your personal info on your Android phone, and sold your credit card number to Russian mobsters. Thanks for using Android, and making it much easier for my black hat comrades to compromise your digital security...have a nice day!
Oh, were you saying something about WP8 being the wrong choice of OS?
11. taikucing (unregistered)
It's not android's fault, but the developers' & the users' (and Google's too for not filtering all apps).
Yeah, your credit card number can be stolen too in Windows PC if you install unknown softwares. Remember how much viruses are in Windows PC? hundred thousands. That's what happens if an OS becoming the most popular, many hackers & virus makers will do criminal things on the most famous OS.
19. iushnt (Posts: 1561; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
I think wp8 is more unsecure like windows in pc
10. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Windows Phone 10? Probably after 4 years you will see it. Windows Blue is only Windows 8.1 by the way, WP10 is a long way to go. Can your old android be updated from 2.2 Froyo to 4.2JB? No, right? Dont be a douchebag, go and play with the kids in a kindergarten.
12. yyuu1000 (Posts: 200; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
yes if you root it. The htc dream ran andriod 4.2 becuse of hackers ,so yes.My sisters htc my touch 4g runs andriod 4.1
14. naveenstuns (Posts: 172; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
LOL!!!! Can I have a video of htc dream running jellybean with 150MB of RAM. You made my day :D :D
20. iushnt (Posts: 1561; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
My infuse 4g is on 4.2.2 from froyo.. I don't think there would be wp10..microsoft would abandon by then.. Gs2 is from 2.3 and will be going up to 4.2.2 how far can 920 go? Any guarantee?
13. asingha94 (Posts: 295; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
You are living in your own imaginary world....so dont buy any phone..wait until android 6 or windows 10 release...!
15. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Windows Phone 10?
WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE???????
16. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
samsung galaxy s10 will have a 7" screen.
21. iushnt (Posts: 1561; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
Yes with all flexibility.. That would be awesome.. Maybe nokia would be making no more phones by then
22. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
your in your own little world arent you, go skip along little boy im sure you can be an android fanboy on an android centric site instead of trying hard for attention on here
6. brownguy (Posts: 1; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
don't they use updates on their own phones? same old nokia...tsk
7. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
That was actually quick turnaround for acknowledging their mistake. Hopefully it will be a quick fix for those who ran into the issue. My 920 is still going strong with no issues though.
9. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
I've had no such issues either, and my 920 is fully updated. Luck of the draw I guess, but Nokia and Microsoft are quick at fixing such holes, given the intense scrutiny and pressing need to provide superior service and quality user experiences...