Nokia says Lumia phones are better for business than BlackBerry, tweets a chart showing why
0. phoneArena 14 Oct 2013, 10:28 posted on
A tweet sent by Nokia presents a chart showing why its Nokia Lumia phones are better for business than BlackBerry; the chart compares Nokia's Windows Phone flavored Lumia phones with BlackBerry, Android, and iOS. For example, Nokia Lumia models come out of the box with Microsoft Office allowing you to edit Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote documents with requiring you to download an app like on the other platforms...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Daboss (Posts: 42; Member since: 27 Sep 2013)
Shut up Nokia! The only place u are better is ur camera.
4. NAWF_SIDE (banned) (Posts: 40; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
And built quality,nokia apps,maps.ect......so yeaaaa
34. Bernoulli (Posts: 2373; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Don't forget all the spyware and malware found quite often in android devices
20. Tommy1960i (Posts: 106; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
I think in Windows Phone area they are the best. Nokia had 95% in Europe from the begining for more than 10 years but the lack of entertainment made them to lose the market share to iOS and Android. Almost all smartphones were symbian. Developing the Symbian would have stopped the Android very much but now it;s too late.
They thought that bussiness was the most important thing and media not.
24. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
How is Wireless charging better for business......
29. HASHTAG (unregistered)
If you work in a office you wouldn't be asking that question.
31. Lboogey6 (Posts: 269; Member since: 31 Jan 2012)
No it doesn't make sense wireless charging is a gimmick when you have to pick up the phone to speak its no longer charging not productive at all
37. ZeroCide (Posts: 721; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
Not is you have a headset. Wireless charging is pretty convinient for charging in office or car just set the phone down and charge. besides lots of people with phones, mostly people with phablets use headsets anyways.
42. Alex123 (Posts: 241; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
Yes, especially for developing country that cut off electricity once in while the wireless charging is very special and when go to rural area where no electricity it must be extra special
48. Dastrix (unregistered)
That was brilliant!
32. Altair (Posts: 367; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Hey troll, Nokia Lumia phones are better in almost every category, when comparing to RIP/RIM - Bankrupt/BB.
44. MobileKicker (Posts: 212; Member since: 19 Sep 2013)
Blackberries were the business phones are business phones and will be business phones.
45. MobileKicker (Posts: 212; Member since: 19 Sep 2013)
The most secure mobiles comes from bb
Anyone can hack wp8
50. ShenAlJoker (Posts: 113; Member since: 19 Jul 2013)
Always the first comment is from a dumb a**!!!!!!!!!! WHY??????????
2. Beijendorf (Posts: 336; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
Ads like these are stupid, since any of their competitors may as well point out the lack of VPN in WP8, making it one of the worst choices for businesses.
Don't rip on the competition, Nokia. Outshine them.
3. slaggyb (Posts: 194; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Alan F Always trying so hard to ridicule blackberry. Your headline was Nokia shows how it's lumia line is better than blackberry for business.. Why did you not mention the competition from the beginning. Smh! You have so much time in your hands
8. GadgetsMcGoo (Posts: 168; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
He's a bought and paid for shill. LOLZ
10. GadgetsMcGoo (Posts: 168; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
Alan F has shown that he doesn't the know that there are differences between Windows 8, Window Phone 8 and Windows RT. He just mashes them all together and think that all of the versions are capable of the same.
6. Reality_Check (Posts: 277; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
Almost all have an equal or better alternative to them (except maybe wireless charging) And wireless charging should be truly wireless and not be required to rest on a charging pad :x
7. seanwhat (Posts: 268; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
this is a joke. saying 'microsoft phones have microsoft office integration out of the box' means nothing. the fact that they didn't have enough categories, so had to include wireless charging as one of their reasons says it all though.
11. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9813; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Outlook is complete garbage. I cringe every single time I have to use it for college.
12. sprockkets (Posts: 1573; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
oooo wow, begin editing the monopolist documents out of the box big deal, 3rd party office suites are BETTER than MS own, and have been for over a decade.
Outlook is the same on wp as on the desktop, that's bull sht
Offline navigation is available for anyone.
IRM? Uh, not sure what that catch phrase means anyhow, and ios kinda does that by default.
And wireless charging ooooo, no Android phone has that! No, not the Nexus 4, Nexus 7, whoopy do.
13. Diazene (Posts: 129; Member since: 01 May 2013)
hmm... the only windows phones to have built-in wireless charging are the lumia 920 and the 928, the rest require different covers
I'm sure there are some great free office suites for Android out there
14. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 963; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Relax fandroids. Its called marketing. Everyone does it. But no one did it worse than Sammy when they portrayed iPhone(potential future customers) users as shee-ps and clueless when they should just outshine the iPhones. No one complained with those ads.
17. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9813; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I would have been fine with your comment, but because you specifically said 'fandroids' your comment is now worth nothing.
Always have to say something stupid do you?
46. MobileKicker (Posts: 212; Member since: 19 Sep 2013)
Smurf, Ur a fandroid I'm an ifan
47. MobileKicker (Posts: 212; Member since: 19 Sep 2013)
I don't know why smurfs are fandroids
15. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
they really cant sell lumia's these days, so they are trying to be good at stupid things.....
18. fouadqr (Posts: 325; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
Nothing funny in ur comment ..why u say lol ?
Nokia is the best
Brace ur self 22 october ..uae
21. Taters (Posts: 4667; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
My company needs pin blasts and it seems only bb offers that. We use bbm too.
30. chandancherry (Posts: 32; Member since: 25 Jun 2013)
and you are full of ill-logical hate.
23. frsurjo (Posts: 2; Member since: 15 May 2013)
but wp8 doesnt support corporate wifi (wpa2-enterprise mchap2) so how it become good for business?
25. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
How is wireless charging better for business....
27. chandancherry (Posts: 32; Member since: 25 Jun 2013)
Offline navigation and outlook integration is really appriciable in my view.
33. Muzhhur (Posts: 256; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
Come on we already know that iphone and android users need to star their computer to get done all their bussines
36. jellmoo (Posts: 851; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
Er... Don't BB10 devices come pre-loaded with Docs To Go? Isn't it Office compatible?
39. artealis (Posts: 98; Member since: 15 Dec 2010)
no vpn, torrent apps cannot save downloaded files to sdcard, no lock orientation, no files browser, can't change to specific notification sound like whatsapp and line messenger they all have same notification sound. slow notification and the apps drawer is a mess.
battery drain very fast when streaming on podcasts (audio only) and songs.
no tv-out (mhl/hdmi) for presentation, no usb otg, need an apps just to kill music player(this is grazy) no way to close apps from task manager, browsing 17 sites from ie mean 17 taps on the back button.
i'm using lumia 520, some part i love it, other part i feel this OS is a beta testing OS.
i'm not hating WP8 just hoping microsoft improving the user experience and consistency to catch up with apple.
41. shihte (Posts: 11; Member since: 02 Sep 2013)
Wp is old fashion bb10 much modern looking and main thing bb has real multitasking apps running in background so Nokia is swindling with this
43. certifiedwomanizer (Posts: 16; Member since: 25 Aug 2013)
is that a blackberry fruit under the blue text? and oh yes, it is crashed..
49. Dastrix (unregistered)