Nokia rolls out 1.1 update for Symbian^3
0. phoneArena posted on 04 Feb 2011, 08:43
Nokia's Symbian^3 might be the latest edition of Symbian, but many would say its UI is dated and just cumbersome. Does the 1.1 update, which Nokia just rolled out, change this? The answer is…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ps (unregistered) posted on 04 Feb 2011, 09:35 1 1
C7 owners can download pr1.1 now and N8, C6-01 owners early nex week.
Btw. PR1.1 is a small bug fixing patch. PR2.0 will bring new web browser and other visual changes. PR3.0 will change Symbian^3 to Symbian^4.
2. ryq (unregistered) posted on 04 Feb 2011, 10:01 1 0
am a N8 owner and was waiting for the reported update. and this is all i get! so disappointed and frustrating. N8 aint that bad but if you look at how other phones performs you would also be ashamed to take out your nokia. this is definitely my last nokia phone.
5. thatdude1 (unregistered) posted on 04 Feb 2011, 15:55 1 1
@ryq-Too bad for you that you will be leaving before the bigger PR2.0 update.
3. PS (unregistered) posted on 04 Feb 2011, 10:31 1 1
PR2.0 is the big update. Too bad that this small 1.1 fix got so much press and hype.
No one said that 1.1 is anyway big, 2.0 is still to come and it will come soon.
4. achilles posted on 04 Feb 2011, 14:07 1 1
This update will be Huge in the USA! I cant wait to tell everyone I know that has this Nokia device!
7. John (unregistered) posted on 06 Feb 2011, 09:50 0 0
Check your N8 screen. Have a look at this link. Which one is yours?
If the left, you have a broken phone, if the right, don't worry.
Many people with the N8 have no idea their screens are broken. Phonearena, could you please investigate this??
8. minerayne posted on 22 Feb 2011, 08:28 0 0
given this tweek on PR 1.1, up to 3.0... compare that with the already-in CFW announced here in phonearena... I'd still say the CFW stands out... what do you guys think?