Nokia receives over $615 million in licensing fees from Apple?
1. android_hitman (unregistered)
this is nothing for apple... they can afford to loose lawsuits and pay fees...
2. snowgator (Posts: 3346; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Does anyone remember when 616 million was a lot of money?
10. box (unregistered)
I wouldn't mind getting $616 million.... I'd buy an island for everyone in my family, and have more than enough left over to build luxury homes on them
16. Cinnamon (Posts: 87; Member since: 16 Jun 2011)
People like you don't care about the world.
3. Dion (unregistered)
That's what happens when you copy others.
4. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
How pathetic that Nokia has to resort to lawsuits because they're too stupid to try and be innovate and compete by offering quality products. In the long run, it's Nokia that will suffer, not Apple.
5. toottoot (unregistered)
right back atcha apple!!!
6. wassup (Posts: 565; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
How pathetic that Apple has to resort to lawsuits because they're too stupid to try and be innovate and compete by offering quality products. In the long run, it's Apple that will suffer, not Nokia
7. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
like always your an idiot, miz. i bet your mom slaps you every morning for being so stupid.
8. snowgator (Posts: 3346; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Being honest Miz, If this was "HTC" paying Apple- you would have been all over it. You just post to start arguments don'tchya?
21. BobbyTaba (Posts: 316; Member since: 11 Aug 2010)
when ppl said apple should do this you had a bitch fit now ur saying the same for nokia. dumbass fanboy
30. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
There's a lot of ignorance below lol. Supposedly people defending this bs lawsuit.
9. Heatfan316 (unregistered)
Has over 10,000 patents thats just about everything,how does apple have any wireless patents, I think apple just makes s**t up.
13. 530gemini (Posts: 2198; Member since: 09 Sep 2010)
@heatfan. Nah. I think you're the one who just makes s**t up :)
27. iHateCrapple (Posts: 734; Member since: 12 Feb 2010)
I'm not up on patent or trademark law, but from what I understand it's similar to driving to a destination. Theres a bunch of different ways to get to the same place, just depends on which turns your take. Patents are similar in the sense that, yes products can do the same thing but their underlying method of how it does it is different. I'm not a big enough dork to thoroughly explain it the way that it should but all smartphones can sync your calendar and email, hook up to WiFi, and capture pictures, but their underlying "code" may be different. Kodak may "own" a certain way a picture is captured and then displayed on a screen. Apple may have come up with a different solution, or not...
Kodaks way may just be a faster and more efficient way of doing the same thing.
11. Lwazi_N (Posts: 205; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
Wassup, you blind iSheep- it's OK when Apple sues other manufacturers but not when Apple are being sued... Owkaayy...
12. Lwazi_N (Posts: 205; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
Ok, Wassup, misread your post... I agree with you. I really like it when Apple are being sued because they wanna sue everyone- instead of competing fairly by innovation, as you noted, they want to go to courts. The HTC saga is a good example- Apple want to ban HTC products from entering the US. How desperate is that...
14. 530gemini (Posts: 2198; Member since: 09 Sep 2010)
@lwazi. You like it when Apple gets sued, but you don't like it when Apple sues? Wow, thanks for making it clear to all of us that you're a jerk :)
18. iPoop (Posts: 58; Member since: 21 Jul 2011)
lol i'm not an iSheep :P im a WP7 AND DROID fan :D
20. zuno gyakusatsu (Posts: 257; Member since: 16 Mar 2010)
in other words, your an idiot. gotcha.
22. iPoop (Posts: 58; Member since: 21 Jul 2011)
in other words, i'm not a sheep. gotcha, no go bleat of jobbs d**k
15. kaka (unregistered)
i though apple sued nokia but apple got found out and they had to pay nokia instead...
17. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
they get al that in licensing fees from Apple and other and still report bad numbers... wow...makes my 45,000 I make per year seems worthless,,
19. ArmageddonX (Posts: 96; Member since: 11 May 2011)
Looks like Apple is getting a taste of their own medicine.
23. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
I wonder if the fandroid trolls are outraged that Nokia is suing people to protect the IP?
28. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
as always, your an idiot and behind. nokia already sued and won. thats just what nokia got this year from them. There is a difference between suing to protect patents and suing over similar icon coloring which isnt pattented. Apple sues to protect marketshare, not IP.
26. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
Now since Nokia has the money it deserves lets see what these two titans can come up with now. Hopefully we won't hear from lawsuits for a while but hear more about innovation.
29. kov (unregistered)
seems that the success of Apple, is built on the back of Nokia