Nokia promises PR1.1 update for Lumia 920 'this month' to fix fuzzy pictures
0. phoneArena 17 Dec 2012, 08:23 posted on
The Nokia Lumia 920 might be a bit too bulky for our taste but when it comes to those night time shots it is simply amazing, there is no denying that…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3396; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I believe you Nokia...:)
Some people can stop whinning now...PA included!!
21. brandonrana (Posts: 57; Member since: 04 Nov 2012)
LOL.. Smooth criminal. Between nokia knows how to take care of their beloved customers.. :) cheers..!
10. Vinayakn73 (Posts: 191; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
i wish. that there will be custom UI like how android has. the tile interface may find us intuative at start but it becomes boring as days pass.
12. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3396; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
No one complained about the UI with Symbian 60s...i don't have any reason to complain about WP8 either.
It will look boring for those who want to migrate from Android, but atleast it's consistent.
16. smartphone (Posts: 160; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
I agree its a bit boring, but this is the stage you have to pass through and after that you don't care about customization and use the phone only when its required.
customization is an abyss the deeper you get into more time cunsuming it becomes and the urge never satisfy. ( I had been through this)
My thoughts are customize your device according to your usage and leave it for a long time, you will be free from this syndrome and saves a lot of time.
Just my thoughts no offence to anyone who loves it.
19. potatosalad (Posts: 40; Member since: 07 May 2012)
it may be look boring to you as the days pass (assuming you came or using an android). but then again, if you don't like these tile/live tiles UI, you have a choice. stick to your android device. period.
3. hung2900 (Posts: 911; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Nokia, you should improve the color of these pictures also, not only the detail.
7. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3396; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Agreed, it lacks the vividness of a photograph!!
4. timtimity (Posts: 196; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
All products usually have a problem or two. As long as the manufacturer acknowledges it I'm happy.
6. Just_a_boy (Posts: 183; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
iPhone users: My photos have a purple haze on them, Apple please fix it!
Apple: This is normal. You're not holding your phone in the right way to take the photo!
Lumia users: My photos are with low detail
Nokia: We're working on a uptade to solve the problem!
9. AliNSiddiqui (Posts: 382; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
The purple haze is a problem with every smartphone camera... including my Note II. But I see the point you are getting at and it is completely true... Nokia are the hands down the best when it comes to supporting their devices.
20. gazmatic (Posts: 782; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
take "every" out of there and I agree with you
8. husfus (Posts: 62; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)
May be PA will put lumia 920 on best cameraphone list next year ;)
15. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Unless Nokia releases the L940. Then the attention shifts to the L940.
13. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
I dueled with the iPhone 5 and blasted it out of the water. All my coworkers with iPhones agreed!!!!!!!!!!!! I believe in my own test and not these tech blog sites. Again, MY COWORKERS WITH IPHONES AGEED! The Lumia had better photos. With this update, it will be better. There can only be one king of camera phones, N O K I A! And I shake my head Samsung GS3 nominated for one of best camera phones on PA. Haven't seen one site or YouTube video touting its awesomeness since its launch. How do you people get away with this?
14. DerryAhmad (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 May 2012)
Nice.. I'll be picking up my pre-ordered yellow Nokia Lumia 920 this Saturday. Hopefully the update will be available at that time :)
17. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 864; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
Over-sharpening and too much color saturation... what about that ?
18. phil2n (Posts: 487; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
I will say it again and again.. Nokia is a Monster on producing phones.