Nokia planning a comeback to the U.S. market, carriers approve
0. phoneArena 17 Nov 2011, 06:06 posted on
As early as next year, Nokia will attempt to regain its lost market share across the U.S. by introducing a portfolio of Windows Phone handsets. Several carriers have already shown interest...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. GeekMovement (Posts: 1136; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Looking forward to Nokia's new handsets!
2. Owlet (Posts: 444; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)
I used to love Nokia. Maybe this Nokia+Windows combo will bring it back. Go Nokia!
3. remixfa (Posts: 13885; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
they need to come back with high end handsets that have the "wow" factor. their low end junk they have been slinging at the US hasnt stuck yet and its not going to stick next year.
Hmm, wonder why they are passing at the chance to come out as a top W8 tablet maker.
4. lubba (Posts: 1309; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Hope tmo is in the game for some big Nokia phones like the nokia lumia 800, not 710.
5. corporateJP (Posts: 915; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
I\'d personally like to see Nokia recover.
But I fear their \"one-operating-system\" approach.
Many older folks are still out there looking for Nokia flip-phones as well.
Some days, I still think these guys shot themselves in the foot.
6. downphoenix (Posts: 1991; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
here's hoping they (finally) come back to sprint. Doubt it though.
7. jtech (Posts: 100; Member since: 14 Jul 2011)
If MS wants to see WP grow like I do they would do business with other carriers besides AT&T, its common sense
8. lubba (Posts: 1309; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
I\'ve been yelled at by wpcentral that its not MS, its the carriers. They told me to go complain to the carriers. Question is, how hard is MS wooing the carriers? You know it\'s really hard in the US to buy the wp you want. They\'re not readily available. Its like if you want a great wp phone, everyone have to contract with ATT. Funny they want to compete with android and Apple like this? Good luck! They better find a way to get all wp to the hands of all customers or else they will never move forward.
9. alpinejason (Posts: 221; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
come on nokia you need another phone like the n95-3 which i still use to this day with at&t.THAT WAS TRUELY THE FIRST SMARTPHONE WITH IT ALL THAT STARTED THIS CRAZE!!!!! AND YOU HAVE NOT MADE ANOTHER BREAKTHROUGH PHONE SINCE.BUILD IT NOKIA AND THEY WILL COME I PROMISE.
10. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
go nokia goooooo