Nokia places bets on color and simplicity to regain customers
0. phoneArena 09 Jul 2012, 08:11 posted on
Nokia shares have just slided to their lowest in 16 years, hitting the rock bottom of 1.50 euro (around $1.9), but the company is saying that by the end of 2013 users would…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. dickwyn (Posts: 602; Member since: 07 May 2012)
i Give them my support on the color scheme as it is very special
2. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Love colors, keep bringing wonderful design
3. -box- (Posts: 3951; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I like the colors. In a sea of black (and some white) phones, the colors stand out and really make the phone feel more personalized, like the older phones when you had a selection of colors or faceplates. Almost every time I pull out my cyan Lumia 900 out in public, someone is intrigued by its uniqueness
4. kamil (Posts: 115; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
i want cool stripes or skin design on their smartphone covers in the future
5. remtothemax (Posts: 244; Member since: 02 May 2012)
i don't think other people adopting the colors will really change things
nokia has always had a reputation for having fairly beautifully designed and well built phones
even if they copy the colors, nokia will still have the design
i mean, has anyone come up with any copies even close to the minimilistic beauty of the n9/lumia 800/900?
i haven't seen it yet
the only thing that comes close is the HTC one series or some of the xperia phones
and even then it is a different idea
6. aokde (Posts: 186; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
well, it was a rough time for both nokia and sony ericsson (which is sony nowadays). remember when samsuck and appfag were no where near being leading the cellphone market (call it smartphone market these days), can't wait for the day nokia and sony get back to the top! not because i'm a fan of both companies, but because they deserve me being a fan! the hardware they use is just amazing, the sleek designs and the features they use in their software (refardless it's symbian, meego, android, windows mobile or a potato).
hail kings of phones, sony and nokia.
XPERIA Arc owner.
7. haseebzahid (Posts: 1844; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
and in this rough time they brought the top innovative hardware the pureview and color shemes
8. MickDM (Posts: 63; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
actually, vh, surface tablets themselves are NOT colored... they DO have colorful accessories...
9. Jyakotu (Posts: 824; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
Honestly, I kind of like phones that have an option of different colors and face plates. Right now, the only way to make a phone more customized on the outside is to buy a case, but that adds bulk to the phone itself. I'm kind of tired of the black (and white) phones and my favorite color is black. >_>
10. Saamic (Posts: 119; Member since: 20 Feb 2012)
Why are they all bright colors? I'd like something more rigid and dark, because I am a male.
11. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
You want rigid and dark??? Can't help you there,buddy...lol
15. andyboi_ph (Posts: 101; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
in every model of lumia, they provide a neutral palette, as in black and gray for those who do not want the bright color casing
12. Rayvelynn (Posts: 124; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
I'm not buying it, you can always buy a colorful case.
13. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i thought, according to the deal, they can costumize the UI? maybe they cant.... how will nokia differenciate itself to other WP producers out there, espeically that there nokia maps is the map for WP8?
14. akmaintu (Posts: 42; Member since: 08 Jan 2012)
Am with u all the way, just bought nokia 808 pureview yesterday.