Nokia patents its own smart watch, or is it a bracelet?
0. phoneArena 17 Oct 2013, 09:21 posted on
The product pipeline of Nokia is pretty much in Microsoft's hands now, but before the buyout was announced, the Finns have apparently been working on a smartwatch of their own, keeping it trendy with the Android and iOS peeps...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. amansingal14 (Posts: 309; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
What I make out of this patent? Nokia's form factor will either be highly criticised (more probable) or would be a redefening point for smartwatches.
4. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Those are the only two things that can happen to smartwatches at this point, Captain Obvious.
2. Topcat488 (Posts: 1392; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Looks painful, I feel like my skin might get pinched between the sections.
10. Topcat488 (Posts: 1392; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
I wonder if your first post, was as meaningless, and misspelled as your second.
12. Snoobab (Posts: 175; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
If there is a solid backing behind the segments (such as a strap), your skin won't be able to get through.
3. richardraji (Posts: 21; Member since: 14 Oct 2013)
this would be revolution not like what samsung,apple or sony are doing it'll be a redefining point
5. Miracles (Posts: 560; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
Doesn't seem comfortable. Having more displays is more room for damage. I actually like putting my hand on a desk or laptop while working. I don't want to worry about my watch killing my wrist while doing so.
Nokia is an amazing company, but this seems a like a stretch too far. MS influence on Nokia devices doesn't sound too good if they come out with stuff like this.
9. Beijendorf (Posts: 339; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
Seems like a great alternative to what's out there already. Girls won't want to wear a large watch just so it can do everything, so a stylish bracelet is kind of neat. It could also be worn on the other arm if you want to wear your fancy piece of expensive Swiss gears on your clock-arm.
13. taikucing (unregistered)
dafuq is this?