Nokia patents device control with touch-screen symbol recognition
0. phoneArena 18 Mar 2014, 02:53 posted on
Another interesting patent appeared from Nokia's vault. The Finns have been working on what can be described as a symbol recognition engine for their devices. No, it's not some kind of technology that will let you read writings on the walls of ancient pyramids. It's more mundane, and quite convenient in concept...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 880; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
the n9 had a concept app like that was slightly unaccurate and man that battery use to run around fast on with it !
2. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 686; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
So basically an enhanced version of gesture recognition
4. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1090; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
its auto gesture recognition on the homescreen i believe.
like dolphin browser touch gestures- but already up and running in front of you.
8. TheGenius (Posts: 260; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
Exactly. . But nokia fanboys would be praising the lord for such a creative and futuristic idea.!
9. Whodaboss (Posts: 176; Member since: 18 Nov 2011)
Just to be clear. You can write a symbol on the Notes home screen for example an "Sy" and it will take you directly to the system tools if you set it up that way?
3. nobrainer (Posts: 16; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
check dolphin web browser have very similar thing and it works pretty good.
5. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1090; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
but this doesnt need the dolphin button to activate it.
auto runs on the homescreen as it seems.
6. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1090; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
so you say, i scribble letter S on the homescreen... instantly goes to settings. neat