Nokia might announce two Windows Phone 8 handsets on September 5
0. phoneArena posted on 25 Jul 2012, 01:01
And the rumor mill is at it again bringing spicy bits of speculation surrounding the release of the first Windows Phone 8 handsets by Nokia. According to a source from the far east, the Finnish manufacturer will unveil not one, but two smartphones running WP8. Supposedly, that will happen on...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. mas11 posted on 25 Jul 2012, 01:03 3 9
I know that Google owns Motorola and this will never happen, but it would be cool to see some Motorola phones running WP8.
20. snowgator posted on 25 Jul 2012, 09:59 2 0
what's with all the thumbs down?? I love WP, and think Moto puts out some of the best hardware of any company!! A Droid 4/5 with that outstanding keyboard running WP? A Kevlar tuff WP?
We can dream!!
26. Raymond_htc posted on 15 Aug 2012, 03:33 0 0
How bout a Motorola Droid RAZR WP8 phone, with KEVLAR backing, and 7.1mm THIN like the RAZR!!
2. aayupanday posted on 25 Jul 2012, 01:12 10 1
I smell the inclusion of some Dual Core S4 chips in the upcoming Nokia WP8 handsets..
4. SonyFTW2020 posted on 25 Jul 2012, 01:39 0 14
I'll pray for windows phone, cuz sadly and honestly....I'll get an iphone before i would get a windows phone....microsofts gonna have to show something real special for me to get it...
21. snowgator posted on 25 Jul 2012, 10:02 2 0
More power to you. I would consider BB10 long before the iPhone. And I haven't even seen them yet.
Nothing wrong with Apple that can't be fixed by offering some options and not being overpriced.
5. Dunknown posted on 25 Jul 2012, 02:05 7 3
Hope Nokia will bring another ground breaking model into the market like the Nokia 808.
9. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 25 Jul 2012, 03:04 0 0
but 808 pureview didnt even make to a lot of market!!! only available till the stocks run out...
18. haseebzahid posted on 25 Jul 2012, 07:57 1 0
he meant ground breaking technology not some top end phone
7. Gaurav008 posted on 25 Jul 2012, 02:50 5 1
Nokia Lumia 1001,or 901 perhaps..good luck..nokia
8. pokharkarsaga posted on 25 Jul 2012, 02:59 4 2
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES............................................
10. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 25 Jul 2012, 03:08 4 1
i just hope... i wish its a pureview lumia and a low end lumia.. the low end that will compete to cheap androids!!! at price $120.. cheaper than lumia 610!!! it will be a good fight for galaxy y! :)
11. satydesh posted on 25 Jul 2012, 03:10 0 2
Even though I'm wp i think nokia might not launch the there flag ship device on nokia world they reserve it for holiday session and won't give hint to other manufacturers what might be new benchmark/innovation!!!
13. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 25 Jul 2012, 03:15 3 1
i hope microsoft will allow other chip makers to create a WP8! they only make phone on qualcomm phones... i hope that Texas Instruments OMAP, ST Ericson nova thor, NVIDIA tegra and even MediaTek for cheaper Windows phone!
but on their windows RT they allow qualcomm, NVIDIA and TI to make tablets base on their chips!!!
15. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 25 Jul 2012, 03:16 2 2
or maybe they dont allow other chip makers to make their own version on WP8 to avoid the bugs and lags.. even you hate to admit it, WP is really smooth and fluid!
22. snowgator posted on 25 Jul 2012, 10:05 1 0
Yes, allowing more chipmakers would be great. As WP grows, I could see it down the road if the demand is greater than Qualcomm can supply.
27. jackhammeR posted on 29 Aug 2012, 16:09 0 0
novathor is a sh%^ and wp is limited to one cpu architecture..they choose qualcomm..the good thing is that this cpu is no one else than S4 Krait in flesh.
17. Shubham412302 posted on 25 Jul 2012, 07:18 2 0
one will be surely with pureview technology
23. snowgator posted on 25 Jul 2012, 10:08 0 0
Hope it is the first 2 of many. Nokia needs to get different form factors and options to the Marketplace. Yes, show off a couple of high end designs, but tease a bunch more. Watch people get excited.....
24. Jyakotu posted on 25 Jul 2012, 11:20 0 0
A Windows phone with a physical QWERTY keyboard would be nice. Portrait style, of course.
25. 7thspaceman posted on 25 Jul 2012, 13:58 0 0
I think Nokia will indeed show 2 Windows phone "8"(WP-8) smart phones if I remember correctly last year they introduced Windows 7 series smart phones at their Nokia world event.as a matter of fact it would be in their best interests to do so that they could show the investment world they have good WP-8 Smart phones read to go to market. I hope they are new good ones and they have an upgraded Lumia 900 smart phone with
a high def screen and the new internal electronic components to run windows "8"
although I am a windows smart phone fan I hope Nokia makes a good Android smart phone running "Jelly Bean". tjis would help "Nokia sell more smart phones to stay