Nokia might announce two Windows Phone 8 handsets on September 5
0. phoneArena 25 Jul 2012, 01:01 posted on
And the rumor mill is at it again bringing spicy bits of speculation surrounding the release of the first Windows Phone 8 handsets by Nokia. According to a source from the far east, the Finnish manufacturer will unveil not one, but two smartphones running WP8. Supposedly, that will happen on...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. mas11 (Posts: 1032; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
I know that Google owns Motorola and this will never happen, but it would be cool to see some Motorola phones running WP8.
20. snowgator (Posts: 3276; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
what's with all the thumbs down?? I love WP, and think Moto puts out some of the best hardware of any company!! A Droid 4/5 with that outstanding keyboard running WP? A Kevlar tuff WP?
We can dream!!
26. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
How bout a Motorola Droid RAZR WP8 phone, with KEVLAR backing, and 7.1mm THIN like the RAZR!!
2. aayupanday (Posts: 520; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
I smell the inclusion of some Dual Core S4 chips in the upcoming Nokia WP8 handsets..
12. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 703; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
i think ur nose is not working properly ......
4. SonyFTW2020 (Posts: 305; Member since: 03 May 2012)
I'll pray for windows phone, cuz sadly and honestly....I'll get an iphone before i would get a windows phone....microsofts gonna have to show something real special for me to get it...
21. snowgator (Posts: 3276; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
More power to you. I would consider BB10 long before the iPhone. And I haven't even seen them yet.
Nothing wrong with Apple that can't be fixed by offering some options and not being overpriced.
5. Dunknown (Posts: 84; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
Hope Nokia will bring another ground breaking model into the market like the Nokia 808.
9. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
but 808 pureview didnt even make to a lot of market!!! only available till the stocks run out...
18. haseebzahid (Posts: 1836; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
he meant ground breaking technology not some top end phone
7. Gaurav008 (Posts: 279; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Nokia Lumia 1001,or 901 perhaps..good luck..nokia
8. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 365; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES............................................
10. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i just hope... i wish its a pureview lumia and a low end lumia.. the low end that will compete to cheap androids!!! at price $120.. cheaper than lumia 610!!! it will be a good fight for galaxy y! :)
11. satydesh (Posts: 71; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Even though I'm wp i think nokia might not launch the there flag ship device on nokia world they reserve it for holiday session and won't give hint to other manufacturers what might be new benchmark/innovation!!!
13. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i hope microsoft will allow other chip makers to create a WP8! they only make phone on qualcomm phones... i hope that Texas Instruments OMAP, ST Ericson nova thor, NVIDIA tegra and even MediaTek for cheaper Windows phone!
but on their windows RT they allow qualcomm, NVIDIA and TI to make tablets base on their chips!!!
15. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
or maybe they dont allow other chip makers to make their own version on WP8 to avoid the bugs and lags.. even you hate to admit it, WP is really smooth and fluid!
22. snowgator (Posts: 3276; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Yes, allowing more chipmakers would be great. As WP grows, I could see it down the road if the demand is greater than Qualcomm can supply.
27. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
novathor is a sh%^ and wp is limited to one cpu architecture..they choose qualcomm..the good thing is that this cpu is no one else than S4 Krait in flesh.
17. Shubham412302 (Posts: 304; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
one will be surely with pureview technology
23. snowgator (Posts: 3276; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Hope it is the first 2 of many. Nokia needs to get different form factors and options to the Marketplace. Yes, show off a couple of high end designs, but tease a bunch more. Watch people get excited.....
24. Jyakotu (Posts: 823; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
A Windows phone with a physical QWERTY keyboard would be nice. Portrait style, of course.
25. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1120; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I think Nokia will indeed show 2 Windows phone "8"(WP-8) smart phones if I remember correctly last year they introduced Windows 7 series smart phones at their Nokia world event.as a matter of fact it would be in their best interests to do so that they could show the investment world they have good WP-8 Smart phones read to go to market. I hope they are new good ones and they have an upgraded Lumia 900 smart phone with
a high def screen and the new internal electronic components to run windows "8"
although I am a windows smart phone fan I hope Nokia makes a good Android smart phone running "Jelly Bean". tjis would help "Nokia sell more smart phones to stay