Nokia may announce new Lumia 1820 flagship, Windows Phone 8.1-based smartphone series at MWC
0. phoneArena 28 Jan 2014, 06:02 posted on
Nokia is rumored to announce a family of Windows Phone 8.1-running smartphones at the forthcoming Mobile World Congress in Barcelona at the end of February…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Diego! (Posts: 508; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
I was going to get Nokia Lumia 1520, but now I shall wait for 1820 :D :D :D
I hope it will be still a Nokia Lumia device and not a Microsoft Lumia though :(
8. AstronautJones (Posts: 272; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
Why does the name matter? Or are you worried about that indicating some other substantive change?
20. akki20892 (Posts: 3651; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
It will be nokia lumia for sure. Because it will made by Nokia workers.
28. Liveitup (Posts: 1562; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
All future Lumias will be made by Nokia workers as Microsoft kept on all 32,000 Nokia employee's.
2. Sonny_09 (Posts: 49; Member since: 24 May 2013)
I secretly hope for a Snapdragon 805 variant of 1020. No thanks bout qHD though, I'm still haven't get bored with fHD. :D
5. TheCynicalTechie (Posts: 77; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
qHD (Quarter HD) is different than QHD (Quad HD).....
10. Sonny_09 (Posts: 49; Member since: 24 May 2013)
Oh really? my mistake then. Never really into the resolution stuff. :)
3. aranauser (Posts: 58; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Because April 1st was too mainstream?
30. rency0722 (Posts: 71; Member since: 12 Jun 2013)
No. Microsoft just extended the April Fools Day party until the next day. :D
6. raunak (Posts: 505; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
So your link for Q4 2013 results redirected me to Q4 2012 results and I was confused as hell as to why everyone was talking about 920.
7. papss (unregistered)
Nice.. This is what I'm expecting from M$/Nokia!! I am ecstatic about what the new update will bring and can't wait for my 1520 to get the update.
9. rihel_95 (Posts: 238; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
its bit confusing now as will nokia will announce handsets running WP8.1 in feb before Microsoft announces in April? as Microsoft have bought Nokia they should announce phone and os together at an event.
22. freebee269 (Posts: 528; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
It could be that the announcement is in February but the actual release is in April. That coincides with how they've operated in the past.
11. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2010; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
If the 1820 comes with a 5'+ screen, and 41mp cam ,I'm in :-D
12. lucid.brat (Posts: 103; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
Jst waiting for 1820 bt plz nokia don't make camera slow this time like 1020
21. freebee269 (Posts: 528; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
It's not the camera that's slow, it's the processing power to process pictures of that size that's slow. With a snapdragon 800 or better there won't be that delay when taking a picture. Like how the lumia 1520 is.
14. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1137; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Microsoft's Windows phone 8.1 operating system marks the beginning of Microsoft doing it's best thing and that is make good software. Microsoft no longer has the stigma of making smart phones and tablets that use second rated components. Microsoft devices will rapidly match the software features other smart phone and Tablet Manufacturers have in their devices.
15. Classique (Posts: 50; Member since: 10 Jan 2014)
I want a 1020 with a snapdragon 805 and little more ram is that too much to ask for?
16. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1137; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I seriously Hope that Microsoft makes 2 Android smart phones when it takes over Nokia
one would be based on the Nokia Lumia 525 with the addition of a front facing camera,and the other would be based on the Nokia Lumia 920 or 1020.with MS Office installed. These smart phones will help Microsoft make rapid mobile sales profits plus Microsoft will still have it's new Windows phone 8.1 OS on it's best hardware the 1520, 1820 and on the Verizon "ICON". I think we wont see the "ICON" on Verizon until after the launch of windows phone 8.1
17. Chris_Bakke (Posts: 210; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
I would love to see the successor to the 1020. Faster processor with expandable storage, so I can store all those fantastic photos from the outstanding camera. I am a Samsung lover, but I would love a secondary device to be an unlocked 1020 successor.
27. ibrahem7731 (Posts: 44; Member since: 17 Dec 2013)
1820 with 41 MP because its based on the successor 1020
23. Jehovah (Posts: 69; Member since: 25 Jun 2013)
Much is being said about the display and SoC of the 1820, but worries me, that at this moment, the camera is not the main talking point of the eventual 1020 successor. I remember the dilemma I had over the N8/Lumia 800 and N808/Lumia 920 succession... I wanted the Lumia 800 and the Lumia 920, but the acquisition was much delayed by the fact that their symbian brothers had better cameras. I wish the the Lumia 1820 is a better cameraphone than the 1020, not just a better phone.
24. -box- (Posts: 3873; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I'll trade my 925 for an 1820, if it isn't an AT&T exclusive.
25. Credo (Posts: 695; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Waiting for the Lumia 1820, i'm sure it will be awesome, but i'm not sure if Windows Phone 8.1 is going to keep me using Windows Phone itself :D, Microsoft had more than a year to make it and i hope it will be awesome, if not then i'm moving to another OS, not sure if it will be iOS or Android, but i'm leaning towards iOS for the first time because they will release a larger screened iPhone this year, i hope there will be a 5.2-5.5 inch variant, 4.7-4.8 is just too small. And they always got the updates, unlike Android wich you have to wait for for months.
26. ibrahem7731 (Posts: 44; Member since: 17 Dec 2013)
I don't think that it will come out in MWC I think the 1820 in march and 1525 in September just like the 1020 and 1520 and I also think that it will come with 2K display not QHD
29. snowgator (Posts: 3287; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Okay, the specs on this just sound fishy. I am excited for them to be true, but it just sounds like too huge of a jump for my favorite OS.
On top of which, if they are even HALF right, this thing will be priced way out of the Earth's atmosphere. I am willing to pay for what I want, and the 5.2" display running WP 8.1 is enough to get my attention. But add in a L1020 successor-style camera and a double-secret-probation style Hi Def screen, and this is a second morgage expense here.
31. CaptainManlyMan (Posts: 11; Member since: 31 Jan 2014)
I'm so excited for this phone. Only issue is I do like the much bigger screen. Small complaint though.