Nokia makes fun of the left handed death-grip in new marketing campaign
0. phoneArena posted on 01 Apr 2012, 17:45
Remember the left handed deathgrip that plagued users of the Apple iPhone 4 and other smartphone users? Nokia is making fun of the incident in a new marketing campaign that is expected to help launch the Nokia Lumia 900 in the U.S. next week...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ddxmms posted on 01 Apr 2012, 18:00 17 22
Nokia i love you BUT the only reason your using WP and mocking the iphone because the apple iphone has kicked your ass.
12. Jillsandwich posted on 01 Apr 2012, 19:06 16 5
Or you know... because WP7 is actually a good platform?
Btw, did you just respect your own post? LMAO.
14. cj100570 posted on 01 Apr 2012, 19:09 8 7
WP7 is about as good as DOA platform can be. WebOS was good too. Where is it now? Oh yeah, that's right....resting in peace.
25. JSern posted on 02 Apr 2012, 01:33 8 3
The word "respect" is overused, just like your little Apple's "revolutionary"
28. ddxmms posted on 02 Apr 2012, 04:59 2 4
I will keep that in mind..lolz
36. Whodaboss posted on 02 Apr 2012, 12:30 0 0
So, are you saying when Apple had all those commercials about I'm a Mac ads vs I'm a PC is because the PC has kicked and is kicking Apples' behind? Oh, that's sounds about right. Thanks for the info.
2. alpinejason posted on 01 Apr 2012, 18:00 9 0
thats kind of stupid and funny at the same time but it is very true that is one area nokia has always been better at then the competition is the reception signal when compared to other phones
6. remixfa posted on 01 Apr 2012, 18:02 14 0
i sure as hell hope they did everything they could for that signal, because every iphone defender is going to go all kung fu shaking death grip on the 900 to try to prove it has it too. lol, remember all those videos? "look, if i squeeze it so hard the blood cant get to my hand, it kinda has the death grip too.. see its not just an iphone thing!" ha!
8. jroc74 posted on 01 Apr 2012, 18:25 6 0
What was really funny is the death grip Applew showed for the Droid X1...
Apple is lucky that no one really talks about it being a death touch with a 1/2 an inch of finger for iPhone 4. Every other phone had an actuial death grip....the iPhone 4 had a death touch.
3. remixfa posted on 01 Apr 2012, 18:01 14 0
is this a nokia fools joke, or is this real? if its real, thats pretty hard hitting humor. i approve! lolz
15. remixfa posted on 01 Apr 2012, 19:11 7 2
wow.. i wonder how fast apple sues them for this. I'd be very surprised if they didnt do anything about it.
26. Henrik posted on 02 Apr 2012, 02:52 4 0
They can't sue for anything, since no logo or brand name is mentioned. Nokia even carefully designed the phone in the beginning to not look 100% like an iPhone (see the oval shaped home button for example). It might as well be a Samsung ... but of course, Apple would sue based on that too, as we all know ............
33. remixfa posted on 02 Apr 2012, 09:53 2 0
lol, its still a rectangle with a centered screen.. apple invented that!!
13. Oxygen posted on 01 Apr 2012, 19:06 4 6
behind htc, samsung, apple and many other manufacturers in the smartphone market.
37. SleepingOz posted on 02 Apr 2012, 13:25 2 2
Apart from Nokia fanboys, no one cares about feature phones nowadays.
16. remixfa posted on 01 Apr 2012, 19:11 2 0
yea i like all the mortgage bonds jokes n stuff. was pretty good
10. Gusto posted on 01 Apr 2012, 18:38 7 6
Really nokia, bashing iPhone??
be more 'creative"....
11. nnaatthhaannx2 posted on 01 Apr 2012, 18:57 2 2
Well at least we have one phone company other than Apple that makes interesting ads.
Samsungs: suck, and bash apple too
Motorola: never make sence, just wierd "DROID" sounds
HTC: they don't advertise (what a fail)
All the phone companies are doing really good, but ATT and VZW just bash each other
17. ron1niro posted on 01 Apr 2012, 19:45 3 2
i phonearena trying to start a fight between nokia and i phone fans. Why can't we just have a peaceful lumia 900 launch! There is nothing to show that this was done by nokia
19. roscuthiii posted on 01 Apr 2012, 21:09 0 1
I get the sentiment... but did you miss the 'arena' part of the name?
Time to go all Spartacus on that ass. Let the games begin!!!
18. taco50 (banned) posted on 01 Apr 2012, 20:06 3 8
Anyone noticing how all these companies are going after Apple. Attack the king of the hill is the strategy. You mention Apple and you get your name in the news.
23. biophone posted on 02 Apr 2012, 00:01 3 7
Its a stupid commercial making fun of an old's phone minor flaws really. I have an i4 and if i take my case pff and press firmly on a specific spot for about ten minutes a lose 1 to 2 bars and barely ever have a called droped and when i do its because i was in a poor reception area. Attack the 4S for its lack of 4g like sammy did. But i agree apple is still looked at as the one to beat even with less market share then android.
34. remixfa posted on 02 Apr 2012, 09:54 3 0
you forget that they had an "update" to "fix" the signal issue, by reorganizing the percentages for each bar to make it look like you had better signal. The problem is still there, they just hid it better.
35. biophone posted on 02 Apr 2012, 10:48 0 1
Calls aren't being droped so i don't care. They have a point fhey display five bars instead of 3 so it makes sense alot of bar are lost.
38. SleepingOz posted on 02 Apr 2012, 14:52 2 0
in denial isheeeps spotted! I love it! ahahaha!
24. zaryab_hussain77 posted on 02 Apr 2012, 00:54 4 2
apple is only todays company.........nokia rocking the whole world.......stupid iphones are only the waste of money
30. SleepingOz posted on 02 Apr 2012, 07:11 3 2
Get your facts right, nokia fanboy! Nokia is still rocking the feature phones market, but is far behind apple in the smartphone market.
Don't be in denial like some of these iSheeps!
22. Alan01 posted on 01 Apr 2012, 23:10 0 0
While the videos have been taken down from YouTube, they are still up on the sourcelink.