Nokia launches Lumia 925 with new Glance Screen feature
0. phoneArena 10 Jun 2013, 05:43 posted on
Nokia is rolling out the metal-built Lumia 925 today in Europe and the fresh Nokia flagship will come with a new “Glance Screen” feature that brings a standby clock…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. rassouli5 (Posts: 48; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
windows phone is the best os and has the best phones in the market!!!!!
4. htc_evo_3d (Posts: 84; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
windows phone is a good os , but not THE BEST (yet).
11. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
Just wait and see...:)
46. akki20892 (Posts: 2271; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
it's ok dude, for troll green thumbs mean red thumbs.
25. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
27. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Wow Nokiawp8 users in denial now. Red thumbs.
I don't see wp8 doing well, just up by 2% is that all, lmfao. Well Android iOs have risen staggeringly.
And how could it be the best OS, when it hardly has any apps and games!
Takes over 6to9 months for an app to reach wp8.
Has no 1080p
Still on 720p
When wp9 comes out it will have them, but that's 2014 june we have to wait for.
33. sbw44 (Posts: 237; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
Tell us more than one logical reason you would need a 1080p screen? As most sites confirm that a human can't distinguish anything higher than 300ppi.
Tell us why you need a quad core processor on a phone? does that 4 core's send your text messages 4 times faster than a single core?
Even most high end games on PC's don't make use a all 4 core's! So please with you knowledge explain to us why people need this stuff?
38. LumiaLover (Posts: 160; Member since: 27 Sep 2012)
Have you seen the movie Trollhunter? Trolls are ugly unintelligent creatures...just saying!
40. rassouli5 (Posts: 48; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
you want to play games, go buy PS or Xbox.
You want Quad Core & 1080p, go buy a laptop. I'm sure the price is the same as a Galaxy S4.
41. steelicon (Posts: 304; Member since: 02 Apr 2011)
I want a smartphone that can do all of that and more so I chose Android and Symbian, not some wannabe smartphone that is actually a featurephone. And yes, I want the TRUE PUREVIEW only found in Nokia 808 PureView, not some diluted marketing BS FauxView. Ever took 38MP pictures with your FauxView yet? I didn't think so.
45. akki20892 (Posts: 2271; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
in 1 year 2 months 13 days 17 hours 11 minutes and 44 seconds.
42. steelicon (Posts: 304; Member since: 02 Apr 2011)
So tell me how smart is your smartphone? Does the alarm go off when the phone is battery pull-off then back on but still turned off? Does it have REAL multitasking? Can you browse the filesystem and mass storage without a PC? Can you hook it up to an HDMI port to share your reports you've made to an HDMI enabled projector? Or maybe an HDMI HDTV? Can it open 38 apps at the same time without reloading the app?
So it begs the question; IS WP REALLY A SMARTPHONE OS?
10. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 488; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Sorry mate, no thumbs down this time. Ask PA to return it back.. :)
3. suyogonhisown (Posts: 5; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
it was on symbian 3 years ago !! nokia where are u heading with windows phone ?..No where
18. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2957; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Nope, they're heading from "door to door", "house to house"....not just windows, if you know what i mean! :)
Would you look at that screen?? Seamless!!!
5. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
Where the hell is thumb down option?
7. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Thats right wtf happened to red thumbs?
I wonder what's next by PA... you can't thumbs up!
Wth is wrong with PA, that is pathetic and useless you can't thumb down if someone dissagree...®
8. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
Thats so sad.
9. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
You cant thumb down, only up; Engadget and several other sites use dto have both as well and got rid of the thumb down/dislike button because of trolls like you defacing the comments section. That's also why Facebook doesnt have a dislike button.
12. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Lmao, Trolls like me...
Says the Exkurogane the Troll!
.well atleast GsmArena on the blog section you can thumb down.
PA will be loosing lot of regulars, they already have, there were so many regulars that don't post anymore.®
14. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
well im sure everyone left on here wont mind you go to, infact if you leave we might be able to have real discussions instead of having you flood the comment section with your copy and paste recycled comments
your boring, same old same old, lets face it you talk about leaving to other sites but your all talk, you crave attention and will never leave
P.A hope you keep up with these measures and ban this troll account everytime it pops up
15. tigermcm (Posts: 595; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
best comment of the week already. this comes from a person that BARELY participates in any of these discussions
16. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Says the angry kid whose always in a violent aggressive mood, and kicks off when someone posts negative about NokiaWp8Symbian.....
There are more haters that wants you not to post, cause all you do is bully, you are much worser than Trolls!
So speaking the truth is known as Trolling and BS, you live in a life full of lies that you believe the truth is false.
Well jealous Nokiawp8symbian fanboy you are!
We understand that you'r brand and platform is getting funded by MS, so Nokia are tied bitches slaves to MS. We feel you'r frustrations and anger.
We Androids, Fandroids Samsung Sony Lg Htc fans are proud and there doing well, unlike your's are living dead, sad pathetic useless platform™
17. deburocks (Posts: 126; Member since: 20 Apr 2013)
not all fandroids, lg, htc , sony fans are like u.. If they are , then ----)))) hopeless is the correct word . But ur really "A SPECIAL KID" . Hahahha. Anyways i like ur enthusiasm..
28. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
It is better if you can answer my question, o wait how can you! You can't cause you no you have nothing to dispute, argue, or contribute. Looooooser, jealous™
31. bulgyjj (Posts: 27; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
Dude you are living in a false world... Why do you think you consistently had more thumbs down than anyone? Why have you been ban so many times? There's a simple reason for that... So sad that you can't connect the dots
32. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Ban for pointing out the all negative about wp8 Nokia MS, and then these users fans complaining to PA about me, so look how coward and pathetic are these now, can't have a valid discussion so they call and say Troll, atleast Fandroids argue come up with so many arguements, unlike you going off topic®
34. bulgyjj (Posts: 27; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
Right, keep telling yourself that you have relevant thoughts.
35. papss (Posts: 2862; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Dude you are the first person to post negative comments on every other WP related article.. It's clear you are a troll of the worse kind. You do it to yourself, many people from a lot of countries posting on here makes you look very immature.
30. bulgyjj (Posts: 27; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
Agreed completely.. Please ban troll and his many log ins. He brings nothing to the decision but nonsense
21. ArtSim98 (Posts: 806; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Youtube still has the dislike button. And they will keep it. It's very useful to share peoples opinions.
23. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
Well, put all the hatred aside and ask PA to bring back the dislike option. That was cool.
19. jsdechavez (Posts: 652; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Is this available to all Lumia phones? Or only AMOLED Lumia as they did with Symbian back then...
43. applesauce (banned) (Posts: 165; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
Per Nokia's website it'll make it to most Windows Phone 8 Lumias, so I would imagine it might skip over the 520/521 perhaps? Hope it makes it to all of them, gives it that extra "Nokia feel"
24. pookiewood (Posts: 461; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
Sounds great but all I NEED are custom notification tones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's it! :(
37. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 673; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
how exactly is like 920 its totally different gees,.
39. Whateverman (Posts: 3150; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Isn't this kind of a bad idea song as though they're using AMOLED screens? That clock will burn into the screen within a few months, unless they've figured out some new tech we're not aware of, or maybe the time bounces around the screen so it's never in one place for long.
44. applesauce (banned) (Posts: 165; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
It should be just like the one on Nokia's Symbian phones, in that it will move around and only be on when the phone is flipped or tapped, that is, a thin layer above the unlock screen.
47. nghtwng68 (Posts: 70; Member since: 26 Nov 2009)
Very Cool! Nokia starting to take long standing elements from Nokia Belle/Symbian OS and adding them to the main stream portfolio of Windows phone.
N8, 808 Pure View, 603, 700, 701 & E7 users know exactly what I mean. Standard features on Belle phones that are just being implemented into other mobile OS. Better late than never I guess.
48. ajiboola (Posts: 5; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
Make it available for everyone by reducing your price and see how your device 'll take over from android phone because ''the low the price the higher the quality demanded'' so take this law into practice or you face your music like APPLE''