Nokia kills its unborn child Meltemi
0. phoneArena posted on 15 Jun 2012, 02:10
We’ve only heard rumors about Nokia’s Meltemi operating system - said to be a Linux-based platform, it was supposed to end up on phones cheaper than the cheapest…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. adi4u4882 posted on 15 Jun 2012, 02:20 4 6
There is already enough competition.
There is really no need for a new OS.
Nokia did a Good movie by stopping the development.
2. fur0n posted on 15 Jun 2012, 02:20 10 5
Windows mobile won't have as many features as android
3. PhansMuneeb posted on 15 Jun 2012, 02:30 12 3
Cave prople will never know its WINDOWS PHONE
13. allen83 posted on 15 Jun 2012, 06:13 4 3
windows phone will never be that successful to the likes of android or ios.
15. neutralguy posted on 15 Jun 2012, 08:00 3 0
and what's your basis, are you a prophet? Guess what, for it's start, and gaining a small percentage of the strong existing market, and continuous growth of popularity and users, it's possible to overcome iOS in few years. And that prediction is based on their continuous growth by other analysts.
19. allen83 posted on 15 Jun 2012, 20:25 0 0
whatever neutral guy. It will be successful after 10 years
4. Bluesky02 posted on 15 Jun 2012, 02:47 1 0
So much for restructuring. When i saw the Asha 311, I thought that was Meltemi supposed to be, but its S40 series.
Now we hear it was axed so it makes sense.
There's only two departments now. Windows Phone & Series 40.
Whereas Samsung has, Android, Windows Phone, Bada, Tinzen and others you may know.
Currently i'm using Linux Mint 12 on my notebook. I'm loving it.
Looking forward to Linux Mint 13 download and Windows 8 Release Preview next week.
5. TerryQu posted on 15 Jun 2012, 03:23 2 1
Isn't that a slightly insensitive headline...? Funny all the same :]
6. plgladio posted on 15 Jun 2012, 03:52 5 0
There is no Plan B, Stephen Elop's Plan A is to sell Nokia to Microsoft and get a huge money and settle. If that happen how cheap trick MS is playing.
7. thunderising posted on 15 Jun 2012, 03:58 9 0
Elop shoud be fired. Has anybody thought of that?
8. kanagadeepan posted on 15 Jun 2012, 04:38 5 0
Well done Tr0jan H0rse.... Fire all those Nokia Veterans who are shameless to work sincerely for NOKIA, even after knowing Nokia was given pois0n by the TROJANS...
On a serious note, killing a Linux project by an ex-M$ employee is expected... But calling it as restructuring and s40 is way extra-ordinarily good is A BIG FAT LIE, which only who are as MAD as NOKIA management can believe....
OMG... Now even GOD can't save N0kia...
9. Johnnokia posted on 15 Jun 2012, 05:09 1 0
Nokia now is like watching a car crashing in slow motion video .. what makes me crazy is that the driver intentionally hits the car and destroy it .. This is the great Stephan Elop.
I can simply say that Nokia will die, and the only one responsible is the Finns because they give their country's flag ship to MS bastard.. Elop.
Finns you deserve that, but we (Nokia Fans) never deserve losing our dreamy brand.. I hate you both.
10. shadez10 posted on 15 Jun 2012, 05:10 5 0
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU~!... DAFUQ elop you are destroying nokia!...
if i see this guy i will kill him... xD
11. A.aoudi posted on 15 Jun 2012, 05:57 4 0
Nokia has 2 major objectives
1. Get rid of Elop
2. Develop a new open source OS
Without this the future seems to be very dark for the company.
14. ehas423 posted on 15 Jun 2012, 06:30 0 0
Well if there is one thing Nokia is really good at, it's killing its own OS. Symbian, meego, maemo and now this. *sigh* Goodluck with you Nokia I really hope you'll survive this.
16. tiara6918 posted on 15 Jun 2012, 08:44 1 0
"Nokia kills its unborn child Meltemi" hahaha! I laughed when I read the headline, keep it up phonearena! Well, nokia aborting Meltemi would be a good choice for them if they already knew what's about to happen if they give birth to it.
17. zaiful75 posted on 15 Jun 2012, 11:20 4 1
Nokia..use Android..this the only way u can make money..
21. JaqenHghar posted on 17 Jun 2012, 20:21 0 0
I am sure this brilliant idea had never come into their minds.