Nokia kills its unborn child Meltemi
0. phoneArena 15 Jun 2012, 02:10 posted on
We’ve only heard rumors about Nokia’s Meltemi operating system - said to be a Linux-based platform, it was supposed to end up on phones cheaper than the cheapest…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. adi4u4882 (Posts: 137; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
There is already enough competition.
There is really no need for a new OS.
Nokia did a Good movie by stopping the development.
2. fur0n (Posts: 69; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
Windows mobile won't have as many features as android
3. PhansMuneeb (Posts: 371; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
Cave prople will never know its WINDOWS PHONE
13. allen83 (Posts: 107; Member since: 01 Mar 2012)
windows phone will never be that successful to the likes of android or ios.
15. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
and what's your basis, are you a prophet? Guess what, for it's start, and gaining a small percentage of the strong existing market, and continuous growth of popularity and users, it's possible to overcome iOS in few years. And that prediction is based on their continuous growth by other analysts.
19. allen83 (Posts: 107; Member since: 01 Mar 2012)
whatever neutral guy. It will be successful after 10 years
4. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
So much for restructuring. When i saw the Asha 311, I thought that was Meltemi supposed to be, but its S40 series.
Now we hear it was axed so it makes sense.
There's only two departments now. Windows Phone & Series 40.
Whereas Samsung has, Android, Windows Phone, Bada, Tinzen and others you may know.
Currently i'm using Linux Mint 12 on my notebook. I'm loving it.
Looking forward to Linux Mint 13 download and Windows 8 Release Preview next week.
5. TerryQu (Posts: 1; Member since: 15 Jun 2012)
Isn't that a slightly insensitive headline...? Funny all the same :]
6. plgladio (Posts: 314; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
There is no Plan B, Stephen Elop's Plan A is to sell Nokia to Microsoft and get a huge money and settle. If that happen how cheap trick MS is playing.
7. thunderising (Posts: 232; Member since: 25 Nov 2011)
Elop shoud be fired. Has anybody thought of that?
8. kanagadeepan (Posts: 910; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
Well done Tr0jan H0rse.... Fire all those Nokia Veterans who are shameless to work sincerely for NOKIA, even after knowing Nokia was given pois0n by the TROJANS...
On a serious note, killing a Linux project by an ex-M$ employee is expected... But calling it as restructuring and s40 is way extra-ordinarily good is A BIG FAT LIE, which only who are as MAD as NOKIA management can believe....
OMG... Now even GOD can't save N0kia...
9. Johnnokia (Posts: 1061; Member since: 27 May 2012)
Nokia now is like watching a car crashing in slow motion video .. what makes me crazy is that the driver intentionally hits the car and destroy it .. This is the great Stephan Elop.
I can simply say that Nokia will die, and the only one responsible is the Finns because they give their country's flag ship to MS bastard.. Elop.
Finns you deserve that, but we (Nokia Fans) never deserve losing our dreamy brand.. I hate you both.
10. shadez10 (Posts: 426; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU~!... DAFUQ elop you are destroying nokia!...
if i see this guy i will kill him... xD
11. A.aoudi (Posts: 125; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
Nokia has 2 major objectives
1. Get rid of Elop
2. Develop a new open source OS
Without this the future seems to be very dark for the company.
14. ehas423 (Posts: 18; Member since: 24 May 2012)
Well if there is one thing Nokia is really good at, it's killing its own OS. Symbian, meego, maemo and now this. *sigh* Goodluck with you Nokia I really hope you'll survive this.
16. tiara6918 (Posts: 2019; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
"Nokia kills its unborn child Meltemi" hahaha! I laughed when I read the headline, keep it up phonearena! Well, nokia aborting Meltemi would be a good choice for them if they already knew what's about to happen if they give birth to it.
17. zaiful75 (Posts: 2; Member since: 15 Jun 2012)
Nokia..use Android..this the only way u can make money..
21. JaqenHghar (Posts: 11; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I am sure this brilliant idea had never come into their minds.