Nokia killing Symbian and MeeGo support at the end of 2013
0. phoneArena 07 Oct 2013, 23:38 posted on
Nokia had already begun winding down support for Symbian and MeeGo as it went all in on Windows Phone; and, now that Microsoft is in the process of attempting to purchase Nokia there isn't really much hope that either Symbian or MeeGo could make a comeback. Today, Nokia made it official though, announcing when support for the platforms will officially end...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Omar-BHR95 (Posts: 184; Member since: 23 Dec 2012)
Trojan Horsy from Micro Freakin Soft Called Stephen Elop ( FLOP ) SUX
2. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3570; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Move on❕ Windows Phone is better than Symbian... Next..
3. Omar-BHR95 (Posts: 184; Member since: 23 Dec 2012)
I Have both the N8 and N9 and those kind of news really sadden me
but oh well i have the Lumia 920 and its a great device and i can't wait for the Nokia Lumia 1520 .
13. Donkorvleone (Posts: 18; Member since: 30 May 2013)
A brother:D I have the exact same phones, I played with my N8 just a couple of days ago :)
16. SIGPRO (Posts: 650; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
No i own a N8 and a N9, a week ago i bought the 1020.
I must say WP is fast and smooth but it lacks features and settings that Symbian and Meego has!
21. kanagadeepan (Posts: 756; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
WP better than Symbian... No... May be better than S40...
22. Bernoulli (Posts: 2200; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
I hate to break it to you but... it isn't, I can do so much more on my 808 PureView than I ever was on the lumia 920
24. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
I can do more on my desktop full tower, but what's the point bragging about something big and bulky? Your 808 is barely what I would consider mobile technology...
4. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3377; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Okay...but what OS does Asha has then?
8. -box- (Posts: 3953; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Essentially its own, derived from Series 40 but with enough differences to make it its own.
9. tumchaaditya (Posts: 71; Member since: 21 May 2012)
So that's the official end of line for my N9 and my still perfect N79...
MeeGo really has(or had) a potential to become a true android competitor with Nokia's developer and consumer backing...
And Symbian S60V3 was the best non-touch smartphone OS in my view...
12. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Goodbye Symbian, I don't miss you! :)
14. Cyberchum (Posts: 417; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
If only windows phone can have half of Symbian's customizability option. RIP Symbian, you've had your moments of greatness.
15. tasior (Posts: 262; Member since: 04 Nov 2012)
Too soon. One year and a quarter ago Nokia released last symbian device, that means, that there are still people, who bought this device and have warranty on it.
17. artealis (Posts: 98; Member since: 15 Dec 2010)
too late and too much money spent on those rotten platform. meego is good but symbian is meehhh. its symbian who kill nokia not elop or any one
18. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1076; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
yeah symbian killed nokia
but it also magically outsold wp with meego untill they stopped releasing them i refuse
but on the bright side jolla here i come :)
19. remyrz (Posts: 193; Member since: 28 Oct 2010)
oh God... I really miss my Nokia N900 ... YOU BASTRDDDSS!! TT__TT
23. asseek (Posts: 164; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
it was the best phone i had, regardless what others may think about it
25. chandancherry (Posts: 32; Member since: 25 Jun 2013)
please sign this