Nokia is planning to reinvent the ZOOM at its next big event
0. phoneArena 13 Jun 2013, 11:42 posted on
And just like that folks, the good people over at Nokia penned a date for its next big event – one where they intend to reinvent the ZOOM. We wonder, what else might they show or announce? Could it be none other than the next Windows Phone with an even more spectacular PureView...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Now, Samsung, your turn to watch how it's done - without making your device ending up like a brick
13. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
A slimmer brick than S4 zoom though. S4 Zoom will not have enough durability with that kind of optical zoom, and add in otterbox case or something similar will make it even worse in terms of thickness. That said, next, i shall wait and see what Sony Honami can offer; im also interested in that phone although it's still in the rumor mill.
35. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
its no phone or camera its a puzzel box :\ u will always try to figure it out
68. saffant (Posts: 262; Member since: 04 Jul 2011)
Loll.. you got owned there. Troll attempt fail there my friend.
If Samsung's phones are a "brick", then the Lumia line must be an elephant.
20. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Let let them be; people can call me a fanboy if they want, but i show interest in multiple products, not just Nokia's. Those labeling me as a blind fanboy should look in the mirror themselves first. Nokia has a long history with fantastic camera in their phones.
33. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
talk about S4 Zoom or S 5 6 7 8 9 .... ZOOM
26. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
I get warnings too for returning fire on these samsung fanboys. Still worth it, i dont care.
31. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
didn't you notice how supportive toward samsung PA became recently?
They forgot even about apple
34. roldefol (Posts: 3663; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Has it occurred to you that this is not an attack on fanboys, but rather an attack on fanboys who do nothing but talk smack at each other like a couple of 12 year olds at recess?
42. SleepingOz (unregistered)
It's okay since they're also nokia fanboys.
102. Anti-Troll (banned) (Posts: 64; Member since: 12 Jun 2013)
Stop us if you can! Open challenge to all. Hell yeah!
141. steelicon (Posts: 316; Member since: 02 Apr 2011)
Speak for yourself, WinPhan masquerading as a Nokia Fan.
91. Polrt3 (banned) (Posts: 18; Member since: 13 Jun 2013)
Nobody can banned me!
As long as Troll, WHoyton1 , MCrapp Here, I also will be here.
148. ncarlosmiguel (Posts: 206; Member since: 14 May 2013)
... Wrong message so im writing this instead LOL
84. Taters (Posts: 5827; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
haha You do know that the Lumia 920 is a brick of epic proportions right? This is going to be way, WAY worse than that. At least the GS4 zoom is only thick. It isn't too tall and too wide like the one that is going to be announced by Nokia.
94. roldefol (Posts: 3663; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Are you really going to defend the GS4 Zoom? It's not even a GS4. It's a GS2 mated to a Galaxy Camera. It's the niche product to end all niche products. If I see an actual person talking into his camera, I will laugh so hard.
Also, if you look at leaked photos, the EOS is narrower than the 920. It will be bulky compared to the Android flagships, but at least Nokia is trying to give the EOS decent proportions.
97. Taters (Posts: 5827; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Not defending the product, I am talking strictly about size. I don't argue against dimensions and the Lumia 920 is much bigger than the GS4 zoom. The GS4 is actually small like a small point and shoot camera. The Nokia bricks? Not so much.
98. roldefol (Posts: 3663; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Also has a smaller, lower-quality screen. I don't think we should be comparing the EOS and Zoom at all, but there's nothing else to compare at the moment. One is positioned as a flagship cameraphone, the other as a niche phonecamera.
112. PK1983 (Posts: 215; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
In what way is the Nokia Lumia 920 bigger than the GS4 Zoom? It certainly can't be thicker.
135. Taters (Posts: 5827; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
lol in length and width......and probably weight. Unless in idiot Nokia fan land physics and measurements are ignored.
It is the same size as a Galaxy S4 mini but thicker, which is smaller than the Lumia 920 in every dimension. Therefore the Galaxy S4 zoom is smaller than the Lumia 920 in two dimensions.
Looks like you Nokia fans need to watch more Sesame street or Dora the explorer or something. You guys can't even use rulers and metrics properly yet.
106. ahhxd717 (Posts: 332; Member since: 08 Dec 2011)
This dude is a complete idiot. Don't try to say anything reasonable.
120. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
well said...don't forget that he's a sissy with small hands and lifting a 170g or so is a hindrance
137. Taters (Posts: 5827; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Since when did 185g turn into 170g? Nokia fan boys are getting worse than homeless people now....
147. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
and is it so relevant to you 170 and 185? can't you lift additional 15 g?
136. Taters (Posts: 5827; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Yes, I am the complete idiot when I point out hard scientific facts that can't be argued. lol sigh, Nokia fans.
146. sbw44 (Posts: 426; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
in what way is 185g heavier than 208g? Plus you seem to forget that there is a 925 as well now weighing at 139g does that make it a brick as well?
The hard scientific fact is you always seem the blame the weight but now when samsung makes a heavier phone now you blame the dimensions!
BTW the galaxy s4 dimensions is also not that good compared to the 925
S4 - 136.6 x 69.8 x 7.9 mm
925 - 129 x 70.6 x 8.5 mm
920 - 130.3 x 70.8 x 10.7 mm
149. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
it doesn' matter....sammboys won't accept the facts which are inconvenient for them.
158. Taters (Posts: 5827; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
LOL The S4 dimensions are much better than the Nokia Lumia 920 and 925 dimensions. Go pick them up and try it, the GS4 is light years nicer use when it comes to how compact it is.
Those aren't facts, I use dimensions, weight, ergonomics to factor things, you should do the same. Welcome to the wonderful world of physics and ergonomics. Yes, Samsung destroys Nokia at that.
2. JaseelEbrahim (Posts: 31; Member since: 24 Jul 2012)
Here comes the king of cameras in smartphones.
6. Maddy (Posts: 31; Member since: 13 Sep 2012)
Nokia THE King of phones..not only in camera..!!!
75. vandroid (Posts: 323; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
Such a fanboy, the two kings are Sammy and apple. Nokia is the smartphone king ill give them that
103. Anti-Troll (banned) (Posts: 64; Member since: 12 Jun 2013)
When did apple become king? O.o
108. vandroid (Posts: 323; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
Apple has been king since the of iPhone apple and Samsung account for most smartphone sales
128. akki20892 (Posts: 3811; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
u forget feature phones, Nokia is the smartphone and feature phones king.
25. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1101; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
As an Android "fanboy" i will also hail Nokia, they are driving innovation on smartphone cameras and making competition fiercer and better.
27. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
i wouldnt class you as a fanboy, you talk more sense then those fanboys and dont go over the top shoving your preference down peoples throats like they do
4. Credo (Posts: 721; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Rest in peace Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom!
Look how fat it is compared to the EOS lol.
5. JaseelEbrahim (Posts: 31; Member since: 24 Jul 2012)
Did anyone notice that it was made with nikon theme? Also the code name is EOS which is canon's product name.
79. Penny (Posts: 1563; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
I was always curious about the EOS code name because of Canon. I don't think they intended to make any association with Nikon here because Canon and Nikon are competing, so it would be very unlikely for them to reference both companies.
89. roldefol (Posts: 3663; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I just discovered this myself while searching Wikipedia for the EOS. More evidence that it's just a codename, and Nokia will surprise us with the real name/number of the phone.
130. applesauce (banned) (Posts: 165; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
It'll likely be a "Lumia ###", I've heard 930 and 960 being bandied about in the rumor forums.
Speaking of naming, I'm still curious why they called the Lumia 928 the 928 instead of the 922, as Verizon has the 822 (like how AT&T has the 820 and 920), and the 925 comes out after the 928 and has superior optics (but should have that Xenon flash, IMHO)
134. roldefol (Posts: 3663; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I've pondered this too, because I am a big nerd. I think they wanted to position the 928 above the 925 because it's better equipped (more memory, wireless charging, xenon flash, ClearBlack screen), so it's almost the new flagship, but minus a couple digits because the internals are identical to the 920.
EOS should be the 939, echoing the 808.
7. Anti-Troll (banned) (Posts: 64; Member since: 12 Jun 2013)
Lumia EOS >> S4 Zoom.
Lumia EOS= Phone with a camera.
S4 Zoom= Camera with GSM.
12. ahmed_ali_yossef2010 (Posts: 164; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
S4 Zoom= a Bad Camera with GSM. *