Nokia inks deal with Oracle to provide map data
0. phoneArena posted on 30 Sep 2012, 17:54
To be announced on Monday at OracleWorld in San Francisco, Nokia will provide map data and location services to Oracle which will be integrated into Oracle applications...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Nadr1212 posted on 30 Sep 2012, 18:19 3 20
Haha I wrote the 1st comment and y'all didn't!!!!! ;P
3. guildsa654 posted on 30 Sep 2012, 18:24 8 0
13. neutralguy posted on 30 Sep 2012, 22:55 1 0
Gonna give you a thumbs up. It really feels good to be on the first. And some just can't seem to have some humor at times. :D
MS...Yahoo....AMAZON...oracle. What's next? Knock knock apple, nokia's waiting :D
4. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 30 Sep 2012, 18:26 3 1
they shouldn't forget about garmin too!!
i had to say, stephen elop did a great job about licensing nokia maps!!! now google maps will really have a big problem if nokia maps will continue growing bigger and better!
5. shikroi posted on 30 Sep 2012, 18:47 7 0
As well as: bmw ,volkswagan, hyundai, mercedes, WP8 and pioneer.
6. PhenomFaz posted on 30 Sep 2012, 18:56 1 0
Things are heating up and its getting interesting!
We have google (with moto) in one corner, then we have nokia (with Oracle and MS) and we have Apple (with their lawsuits!).
each of them are pioneers in one field or the other and a combo of their services woul be truly awesome!
8. KIANO posted on 30 Sep 2012, 20:26 1 0
Not only a problem for Google Maps. But also TomTom and Garmin.
9. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 30 Sep 2012, 21:27 4 1
garmin uses navteq solutions by nokia... so only tomtom and google maps!
12. applesauce posted on 30 Sep 2012, 22:41 0 0
Who does Magellan use?
15. KIANO posted on 01 Oct 2012, 00:30 0 0
10. MartyK posted on 30 Sep 2012, 21:41 2 1
I truly doubt if Google and their Mapping system is worry about Ms.Nokia Microsoft.
You see, Google loves and thrives off of competitions, unlike those companies who want to sue because someone product looks like theirs.
Google is going to add their mapping system into "Google Now".
So BING it, I mean bring it...hahaha
7. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 30 Sep 2012, 19:14 0 1
i thought cars are powered by QNX by BlackBerry and the QNX maps is i think now called BlackBerry maps..
so these cars are powered by nokia maps with nokia software?
17. Mobile-X-Pert posted on 01 Oct 2012, 09:28 1 0
BMW, Mercedes, VW and Hyundai have signed a deal with Nokia to use its Location&Commerce navigation platform in their future cars
11. phil2n posted on 30 Sep 2012, 22:06 0 0
searching places using oracle SQL.
for those unique programmer..
14. shadez10 posted on 30 Sep 2012, 23:07 3 0
Nokia maps for sure is the best... I have a GS2 and google maps seems not very useful here on philipines... Unlike nokia maps which covers most of philippines and very useful and accurate...
Google maps is good too... But lacks functionality in my place...
And APPLE SUCKS!.. =D