Nokia has given away 17,000 Windows Phone handsets to devs
0. phoneArena 02 May 2012, 04:49 posted on
Nokia wants to establish Windows Phone as a legitimate third in the mobile OS race, and to help that the company is giving away its Lumia WP phones…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. steelicon (Posts: 309; Member since: 02 Apr 2011)
Microsoft gains from soon to be Nokia's dead corpse.
3. Snoobab (Posts: 172; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Windows Phone is an absolute dream to develop for, so expect big things!
4. djripster (Posts: 118; Member since: 10 Dec 2011)
This wont matter if Windows Phone 8 doesn't come to those 17,000 + devices
6. phonton (Posts: 58; Member since: 27 Dec 2011)
but the current apps would still be compatible with WP8 as far as the latest speculation or may be truth goes
7. djripster (Posts: 118; Member since: 10 Dec 2011)
That's ok for the guys who have developed apps for WP7 but would all of them go out and buy another WP8 device ?
What would they do with a device which goes extinct when WP8 comes out...
5. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 827; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
Some of those phones better be going to the big guns out there like Zynga who aren't doing anything for WP, but could really help drive sales if they did. Give some to the people who created Draw Something too.