Nokia has a surprise in stock for September 7
24. dickwyn (Posts: 621; Member since: 07 May 2012)
its obviously a windows phone look at the capacitive buttons. windows 8
2. dmn666 (Posts: 244; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
It better be a WP8 Lumia, Nokia! At least release WP8 phone before anyone else.
9. maverick786us (Posts: 148; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
Just like Windows 8 is the release of WP8 also Oct 26?
12. andyboi_ph (Posts: 101; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
yes, before microsoft itself launch its own version of WP8 phones
14. maverick786us (Posts: 148; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
So we can't expect a Lumia Windows Phone before that or any other WP8 Devices?
3. DroogV59 (Posts: 37; Member since: 02 Jun 2011)
Stephen Elop Action Figures. Limit 2 per customer. Try not to get too excited.
5. hepresearch (unregistered)
I was thinking more along the lines of an epic bankruptcy announcement... perhaps followed by an enormous celebratory public corporate liquidation picnic with lots of macaroni salad and devilled eggs, where Elop will be graciously taking his turn in the dunk tank? It would be great to get three baseball throws at the dunker for a dollar... if enough ex-Nokia employees from Espoo show up, they could make a real killing and place a good down-payment toward getting an attorney to defend them from their shareholders... my only request is that, when he takes his turn in the dunk tank, for Elop to NOT wear a speedo...
36. hepresearch (unregistered)
Whatever you do, just don't shoot the messenger...
How have you been, gator-man? As always, good to see you on here.
I'll probably be away for a while as we get closer to the end of July. I am going in for surgery again, so I'll be out of it for a while. And by the way, I'm not killing you... your laughter is. Nyuk nyuk... =8-P
Have a great week!
4. clevelandiskindacool (Posts: 28; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
I looked at that sign a few times and thought huh the ninth of july already passed...you crazy rest of the world and your switching of days and months
16. andyboi_ph (Posts: 101; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
cleveland, that's how they write their date in europe normally. DD-MM-YY (or is it just me? correct me if I get the wrong info)
27. clevelandiskindacool (Posts: 28; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
I'm sorry you cant detect any bit of sarcasm in there. Plus i go to phonearena.com and not phonearena.co.uk or any other site.
29. snowgator (Posts: 3564; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
yeah, I caught the fun tone in your post. But it seems some people are a little defensive......
33. aaronkatrini (Posts: 241; Member since: 06 Jun 2012)
"you crazy rest of the world" ... i would say "we normal people rest of the world" .. You see, America is a great country, it really is! But there are some things i can't support. Like the fact you call Football soccer, And name a game that doesn't have nothing to do with a FOOT and a BALL, Football! And expect to be right! Well, you're not! Same thing with the date! You're wrong, won't admit, hit the nail hard on the matter! I think i made my point.
37. andyboi_ph (Posts: 101; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
i know this is not a dot.uk site but you commented on the picture posted in this article and it was mentioned that 'its flagship store in Helsinki' which is in finland. Its all I'm saying, don't get me wrong man.
28. ReturningToNokia (Posts: 130; Member since: 09 Jul 2011)
So you insult him/her; but you just had to preface the insult with 'American' - why? Did you assume he/she was American because of Cleveland in the username, or because your general opinion of Americans is that they are not intelligent?
In either case, you would be wrong - everyone in Cleveland wasn't born and/or raised in America, Cleveland could be his name (and not a place), and Americans are no less intelligent than anyone else in the world.
34. aaronkatrini (Posts: 241; Member since: 06 Jun 2012)
I don't want to offend anybody here. That wasn't my point. I assumed he's American for his logic!
I'm not saying Americans are less intelligent than anyone else in the world (the contrary if so!).
But if you're from the US and come with the point that Cleveland could be his name.... bad news for you too :(
26. Veigald (Posts: 290; Member since: 13 Jan 2012)
Yeah, crazy 5 billion or so rest of the world using this format...
8. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Hmm, PureView, WP8 Lumia, tablet, or Nokia physical stores? All of the above would be great
15. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1233; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Heck yes and there's almost no excuse for these all not to be true! (except maybe the last one)
11. darkvadervip (Posts: 365; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
Nokia running ios6. NO! Nokia running Andriod jellybean. HELL NO! Nokia running that smooth wp8. Now that's simply amazing! Oh not to mention linking it up with a surface tablet pro. BEAUTIFUL!!
13. bbblader (Posts: 589; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
best thing will be
less featured pureview belle phone
mid range wp8 phone
high end wp8 with pureview
high end wp8 phone
17. nadar.bsm (Posts: 32; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
may be the announcement of MS acquiring Nokia...
18. andyboi_ph (Posts: 101; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
pls refer to comment no. 6 LUMIA + WP8 + PUREVIEW = AMAZING
19. wendygarett (unregistered)
I'm ready my popcorn to see fanboys disappointment :)
35. hepresearch (unregistered)
No disappointment here... I've already been expecting the worst for many, many months in advance!
I love being a cynic... I tell everybody about how awful things are going to be, and then when things don't happen that way, I am relieved along with everyone else. On the rare occasions when the worst does happen, I get to laugh aloud while everyone else cries their eyeballs out... I am almost never surprised by anything, ever.
20. snowgator (Posts: 3564; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
CDMA phones, please. WP needs devices on every carrier.
Be nice to see Sammy and HTC try and beat them. Competition is fun.....
21. S9817291B (unregistered)
Perhaps a pureview windows phone!!! That'd be great!
22. thunderising (Posts: 232; Member since: 25 Nov 2011)
Well. Will Windows Phone 8 launch BEFORE Windows 8?
31. techsavvy.jaz (Posts: 153; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
Has anybody scanned the qr code.. i did and it leads to to some nokia me site and asks yoi to come back next week to know more
32. tunde1990 (Posts: 6; Member since: 14 Jul 2012)
I think they're planning to release their own tablet.
39. items17070 (Posts: 70; Member since: 20 Dec 2011)
No sillys! its there bankruptcy is coming..... LOL!
40. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1536; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
AN internet article stated Mr. Elop said that Nokia has a special relationship with Microsoft therefore it is not stupid to think that Nokia could Launch their Windows 8 smart phones in September. Microsoft knows that Nokia has lost a lot of money in setting themselves up as a Windows smart\ phones only company so Microsoft will allow them to have First crack at selling Windows 8 smart phones. I think in the End Microsoft will ether buy The Nokia Smart phone division or loan Nokia billions of dollors to stay afloat. I think it would be better for Microsoft to buy them out right so Microsoft can sell it's own brand of windows smart phones as well as Nokia branded smart phones. Also look for a Nokia RT Tablet computer to go on sale.
41. thunderising (Posts: 232; Member since: 25 Nov 2011)
If it's not a Windows Phone 8 phone Nokia will probably die as the company the very next day.