Nokia gives 50 Cent a Nokia Lumia 1020 for free
0. phoneArena 04 Feb 2014, 21:02 posted on
Why is it that major corporations like to ply the wealthy with freebies, while forcing the little guy to pay for a product? Something seems screwy here. After all, if anyone could afford to buy a new phone sans a two-year contract, it would be those wealthy guys getting handsets for free. We recently told you about Samsung's White Glove service which makes sure that the rich and famous are kept well supplied with free Samsung handsets...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. alterecho (Posts: 1096; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
He can shoot his next music video with that....
I'm going to miss Nokia a LOT.
9. Credo (Posts: 721; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Me too, but i'm excited what Nadella is going to bring as he mentioned that the Cloud and Mobile are the focus of Microsoft :) I hope they make a Lumia/Surface line of devices.
11. alterecho (Posts: 1096; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Considering how MS wants WP to be as widespread as Android, I think MS entering the devices market was a mistake by Ballmer. Other OEMs aren't going to be happy.
MS is tying to be both Google and Apple at the same time.
They want to control both hardware and software like Apple, and also be widespread like Android.
Maybe Steve Ballmer wanted to beat Apple at their own game, since he hates Apple and has reasons for it:
There is an other incident like that, too, so i guess that made him want to compete with Apple.
My opinion - Windows Phone platform was developed when the CEO was unstable.
18. Skoms (Posts: 118; Member since: 03 Feb 2014)
Nokia will soon realeese the Android Phone Normandy.
Then they have an OS that is not left behind
27. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
As if you would have anything positive to add.. Most people can at least tell two sides to a story that hasn't yet unfolded, but you obviously want to see WP fail,, which isn't fair...
33. alterecho (Posts: 1096; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
This has been my most neutral view on Windows Phone, without any references to my bad experiences, and yet you accuse me of lies/unfairness.
I'm sorry but you can't expect me to praise something that NEEDS to be criticized, nor can you expect me to not state my views/opinions on a platform I'm using and have first hand experience, which, for the most part, has been bad.
34. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Is it to late for you to switch to Android, or iOS?... I'll sale you my white HTC OneX for $50... That's what I have it posted on Craigslist... That would end your nightmare...
35. alterecho (Posts: 1096; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Hmmm...You exhibit the same attitude as Microsoft. They too don't listen/read a word of feedback/suggestions from customers.
Let me make it clear. I paid money to buy my Nokia Lumia and i demand MS fix its OS. MS has stabbed us WP7 users before, which leads me believe they'll stab us again by not releasing any of the much needed updates, before they ditch us (YOU included), again.
You backing MS on its current state of its OS, does not help us, the paying customers.
2. XperiaOptimusOne (unregistered)
Lucky bastard! He doesn't even rap anymore...or does he?
5. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Of course he still does... Just not as popular... But, he makes a good poster child.. Not saying that he's going that far, but you never know..
20. Skoms (Posts: 118; Member since: 03 Feb 2014)
Why do microsoft always have to give away phones?
28. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Because they are not as popular as iDroid devices.. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out...
But, it does take someone who knows how to read to see that it's Nokia who gave this device away.
3. Liveitup (Posts: 1797; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Nokia is not dead no need to miss them. The device and service division will continue making great Lumia devices as they are now part of Microsoft , they simply have more money at their disposal now, eagerly awaiting future Lumias
10. wolfsaviorzx (unregistered)
Besides Elop is in charge of devices at microsoft now so basically just going to be Nokia +. Hoping their Surface and Xbox devices become better now along with the Lumia line.
4. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
And, there will be many years of great Lumia devices to come for 50 ¢ent, and all educated consumers, to buy.....
12. BigBoss10 (Posts: 262; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
LOL SO DAMN FUNNNNNNNNNNNNNYYYYYYYYY AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
13. BigBoss10 (Posts: 262; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
I think that 50 Cents can't afford a Nokia Lumia 1020 then they decided to gave him it for FREE LOL xD HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
23. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
^ guess this guy doesn't know 50 cent owns vitamin water.
14. BigBoss10 (Posts: 262; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
His bank account balance is only 50 Cents AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LOL xD
24. quakan (Posts: 1309; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
His net worth is estimated at $125 million...troll.
15. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
This is a good advertising trick from Nokia.
17. TechCrazyedBoy (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Nov 2013)
Trick from Nokia they say...no..
Its just that Nokia in kind to give him a free 1020 because of the other phone whose camera sucks..
25. elitewolverine (Posts: 3794; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
I think the problem is with the masses thinking they deserve something. I am in no way offended that this rich person got something for free. He has a massive twitter audience while i do not, he has a massive facebook audience, i do not. He has rap and music and is speaking at events where his words matter to some. I do not.
If they would have given me one would PA being doing an article about me? Probably not nor would anyone care. See the difference?
26. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
the heck Palican casing damn even this casing is more expensive then S4 :\
31. genkidama20 (Posts: 52; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Can't post the link, but check out the Upworthy video titled "9 Out Of 10 Americans Are Completely Wrong About This Mind-Blowing Fact"... it'll put 50's situation into perspective.
32. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Nokia must be desperate.
36. badtucker (Posts: 1; Member since: 06 Feb 2014)
is it not funny, that the box Nokia delivered the Lumia phone in, was delivered from Pelican
If you look at this link, (put in 3x w.) then its a box normally only used by military and government, but the interesting part, is that is spells "Pelican" in a 1020 tale?
Nokia are masters of theese quiet insinuations
take this link about pelican cameras for one..
i only just signed up, so have yet another 7 days, before i can post links, so.. add 3 x W.