Nokia extends its domination of global Windows Phone share, T-Mobile gains, Lumia 928 vs. 1020
0. phoneArena 19 Aug 2013, 22:47 posted on
Over the weekend, we shared the statistics from AdDuplex showing the Nokia Lumia 520 going from zero...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. SingDaFire (Posts: 74; Member since: 21 Jun 2013)
The reason Lumia 925 didn't make much numbers was just because of the launch of Lumia 1020. When this thing was announced people diverted their attention to this phone , simple As that
17. MartianMe (unregistered)
I'm happy for you nokia but please come out with an Android version too man...you shoul know you got love from Android users.
20. -box- (Posts: 3984; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Agreed. The ads for the 925 don't even show the phone anymore, and it took too long to get to market, I guess so folks can have just the image of the 1020 in their minds when they think of Nokia and Lumia. It's too bad, I really like mine a lot. Granted it's no 1020, but with JUMP, when the GDR3 phones come out I can trade in the 925 and get the GDR3 phone, probably with a larger screen and the 1020's camera goodies.
Also, it's nice being able to tout Amber, GDR2, and Pro Cam to my friends with 920s and 928s since the carriers haven't given them the updates yet.
23. Damo579 (Posts: 242; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Tell me about it. Lumia 920 owner on at&t no update yet...
25. Muzhhur (Posts: 258; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
And many markets does not have the chance to buy it
2. snowgator (Posts: 3503; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
I understand this is only a measure of ad activity and not even a hint of hard data, but there are some truly fun statistics here. I had heard the Lumia 822 was a surprise success on Big Red, but this shows it is a hit indeed. And Nokia is slowly seeing the fruits of its efforts. When you factor in how much cheaper it is for Nokia to develop WP without the R&D factors rolled into it that were associated with Symbian and MeeGo, plus MS paying them some 250 Million a quarter to stay on WP and there is a lot of hope for this platform if WP continues this path.
3. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3389; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I thought Nokia was supposed to be dying /s.
7. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
...And Nokia survives...
Everyone thought BlackBerry was supposed to be dying...
And BlackBerry survives... I hope.
8. ryq24 (Posts: 645; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Dying? Nope! Struggling? Yes! And time is running out.
13. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Yes, time is running out for Google and Apple to continue dominating the smartphone realm; their time is over. Nokia and Microsoft are only just getting started...
4. Antonyjoseph (Posts: 216; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
Nokia should try to reduce the time gap between its announcements and actual availability of the phone. The 925 is still not available in many markets.
5. snowgator (Posts: 3503; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
THAT is a true statement. Supply seems to be a bit of a problem with Nokia. As experinced of a company as Nokia is (since the invent of the mobile phone, eh?) they do seem hard pressed to get their handsets on shelves.
22. Jehovah (Posts: 69; Member since: 25 Jun 2013)
Yes! The Lumia 920 took 5 months to get to Brazil, more than enough time to severely diminish its impact..
11. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
WP = Nokia, 50:50 competitions come mainly from samsung and huawei
Android = Samsung 50:50, competitions from chinese manufacturers
iOS = iPhone 100%, unless iOS is open source OS
10. Taters (Posts: 6327; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Owning 86.9% of nothing is still nothing. This is a case of glass half full but only half full of air.
12. cameogt (Posts: 88; Member since: 18 Oct 2012)
what do you mean nothing? you mean nothing = windowsphone?
14. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Windows is hardly a dead platform. You should never under-estimate Microsoft...
21. -box- (Posts: 3984; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Glasses are always full. May be part liquid and air, or all air, or all liquid, but always full.
15. mousesports (Posts: 272; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
Trolls everywhere !! Just ignore and dont reply to them ... they are useless shadows on the earth ! Best regards NOKIA
27. djm63401 (Posts: 13; Member since: 17 Sep 2012)
I get tired of exclusive phone manufactures open the doors and give us phones i hate at&t I wont switch for any phone Verizons plans so high no thx I am A Tmobile Man Trade ever six months cheaper plans good phones I would like the phone when it comes out not another version 4 months later