Nokia engineer speaks up about Windows 8 security flaws and how to exploit them
0. phoneArena posted on 11 Dec 2012, 06:09
A Nokia engineer is likely to add ‘former’ to his job title as publicly explaining all the holes in the Windows 8 system and the ways one could exploit them…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
15. android_hitman posted on 11 Dec 2012, 09:12 1 2
20. bayusuputra posted on 11 Dec 2012, 20:19 0 0
3. dickwyn posted on 11 Dec 2012, 06:25 2 0
aww i always wanted to know how to get free app on windows 8, dang it
21. bayusuputra posted on 11 Dec 2012, 20:20 0 0
Windows is still in the court.. waiting for its fate to be decided, whether to go to the open and free like android, or jailed like the iPhone and needs to devise its plan for jailbreaking..
4. pongkie posted on 11 Dec 2012, 06:32 1 0
what!!! the entire blog went down?
I want free apps #windowsrage
7. neutralguy posted on 11 Dec 2012, 07:16 2 0
I think he should be awarded for this one. He did point it out in the first place not only for the public to know but for microsoft to find a fix. What he did wrong is posted it in public immediately without consulting it to higher ups.
But if microsoft is a good company, it should acknowledge these kinds of efforts and they should be open for their flaws.
8. Insignificant posted on 11 Dec 2012, 07:24 10 0
If he was an engineer for Apple and posted something similar, Cook would have personally strangled him and hid the body, all by himself.
22. bayusuputra posted on 11 Dec 2012, 20:22 1 0
I don't think any of the apple engineers would ever do that.. they are too proud of being apple engineers.. and brainwashed too..
14. gazmatic posted on 11 Dec 2012, 09:05 2 0
this is not a security issue... this a payment issue... it is for all those that want to get things for free aka the pirate community
this store hack has been public knowledge for weeks now... it was rather foolish of him to post about it in a public blog
but anyway... not a security issue... you wont be hacked from outside... it is YOU the user who will be doing the hacking and flipping the bird to Microsoft...
currently you can get every single Microsoft software for FREE
long live piracy
16. ryq24 posted on 11 Dec 2012, 09:22 2 0
a disgruntled nokia employee who is still loyal to symbian!
17. TROLL posted on 11 Dec 2012, 09:33 1 1
Update shall be on its way, it's a matter of when? I believe 5 to 6 months!
18. bon24x7 posted on 11 Dec 2012, 10:26 1 0
Its not Android to only get updated every 5 or 6 months. Windows Phone 8 update is already available for HTC phones since today morning and Lumias to follow shortly. It didn't even take 5-6 weeks for the 1st update...Windows 8 is a different story though...it doesn't matter even if it takes 5-6 months cos its a damn Desktop OS...long term...sorry to hurt your feeling TROLL...