Nokia dominated coverage of MWC says study
0. phoneArena 03 Mar 2013, 14:41 posted on
In 2013, many manufacturers decided to wait for MWC to make their big announcement so as not to be knocked off the front page by a television or some other non-mobile consumer product; a study of tweets containing hashtags of #MWC, #MWC13, "Mobile World Congress" and #MWC2013 had Nokia mentioned the most followed by Samsung...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
That's funny cause I can't name a single Nokia device that supposedly dominated the MWC.
Did I miss a new flagship? A Lumia tablet? A W8 PureView?
5. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3605; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Did you hear about the 7...2...0 mate? Not a flagship but i heard it pretty much put the "one's" camera to shame.
Besides, this is not about a particular device...this is about a 'name' that made news in the MWC 13.
12. hiBreed (Posts: 90; Member since: 29 May 2012)
You probably wasnt reading the news, else u must have heard of the NOKIA LUMIA 720 (u kno? like the next xbox) its really nothing big, but it thrumps lots of android flagships at lots of stuff (pretty much every wp8 phone does that, regardless of specs) and... And... And... Whatever, just run along now
26. NexusKoolaid (Posts: 459; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Did anyone even look at the source of the study or are we all taking the news at face value? The Lissted link above takes you to a blog that seems to get new postings less than once a month on average. Sorry, but I'll wait for a more reliable news source, thank you.
30. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
nokia flagship release timelines are always september october not march besides 720 was a surprise no one expected a midrange phone to be on steroids and pack lot of heavy stuff in it
4. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3605; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
What's the first thing that comes to mind when we hear WP?
Nokia had that right of domination!
9. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3605; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I thought you were a technologeek...tsk tsk, disappointed!
15. hiBreed (Posts: 90; Member since: 29 May 2012)
If u really thought there was, u wouldnt have replied, i for one, am here to cleanse u of your ignorance
31. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3605; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I know there's a life... And that life helps me differentiate WP in relation with the article or the site... Not some historic personality.
34. Dastrix (unregistered)
Nokia made the right move with WP for the sake of differentiation (just like Elop said), as opposed to sticking with Android, where it'd probably be overshadowed by Samsung, in a similar situation as HTC, Sony, and others because who speaks of Android speaks of Samsung. I assume that this is a fair statement; that's how it is with Android at the moment.
11. MartyK (Posts: 752; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
Do Nokia's phones (920-720...etc) get test for anything else besides camera or build?, seriously, I would like to know this....
Get PPI Count?
14. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Yes they do, but not all benchmarks work on all platforms. i.e. the current WP8 flagships (Ativ S, Lumia 920, WP8X, Lumia 820/810/822) have the same 1.5Ghz dual-core processor, which shares its architecture with other devices. Benchmarks aren't everything.
17. hiBreed (Posts: 90; Member since: 29 May 2012)
Now look at your life, ask yourself ''what else do u need in a smartphone, that nokia hasnt given you'' benchmarks are bull$hit if your phone doesnt work smoothly
25. Whateverman (Posts: 3250; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Some customization would be cool. At least a wallpapper.
29. sbw44 (Posts: 433; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
Why should they be tested? Are you going to take out your phone in front of a group of people and say I'm gonna do a benchmark,CPU,GPU speed test?
All this benchmark tests is just a complete waste! because those results you get there is mostly not even based on real time stuff
16. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
As stated in a prior article, this isn't surprising. Nokia is still popular, relevant, and growing.
20. akki20892 (Posts: 3899; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
NOKIA is on top.......bcoz NOKIA - Connecting People.........!!!
22. pyradark (Posts: 821; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Little Dissapointing MWC, CES is phenomenon
24. DerryAhmad (Posts: 271; Member since: 05 May 2012)
I thought the HTC One will create the most buzz from twitter for HTC on the MWC 2013.
It's quite surprising that Nokia came out on top despite not announcing a flagship phone. The Nokia Lumia 720 and 520, especially the 720 seem like a great affordable devices.
28. jsdechavez (Posts: 721; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Nokia World should make a comeback with the EOS launch.. I wish.