Nokia demonstrates Super Sensitive touch technology on the Lumia 920... using mittens
1. dragonscourgex (Posts: 307; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Cool, but living in south Louisiana, I doubt I will ever have a problem like this. Haha.
2. chocolatebear76 (Posts: 122; Member since: 03 Mar 2011)
It has to start somewhere atleast,very good
3. SleepingOz (unregistered)
As long as it's not TOO sensitive.
6. nadun_SL (Posts: 3; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
dude? who touches a phone with these mittens on?
7. rainyday (Posts: 44; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
how about just use voice? seems more appropiate in this kind of situation
nokia, you need something like google voice or siri! not super sensitive screens
9. Ray.S (Posts: 271; Member since: 19 Jul 2011)
I'd prefer using my fingers rather than my voice to control my phone any day.
11. rainyday (Posts: 44; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
fingers>voice control>one giant red big fluffly mitten.
13. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
LOL, I'm used to seeing people looking at me like a weirdo when I use voice commands :D I used Voice before it was cool B-D
16. denied911 (banned) (Posts: 361; Member since: 31 May 2012)
the north face
great gloves for every smartphone user
8. SuperMaoriBro (Posts: 407; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
So if you accidentally hit the power button while in your pocket how will the screen differentiate contact with your pocket from contact with a glove? Does this mean accidental unlock and calling are a possibility with this tech?
10. asulect (Posts: 131; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
That's where slide to unlock comes in, and not touch to unlock.
14. SuperMaoriBro (Posts: 407; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
Fair point. Ok so if it doesnt unlock but say you r walking around the constant "touching" caused by your movement and the pocket material constantly rubbing the screen could cause it to not turn the screen off? This is just a qustion - im not saying it will happen. Just asking
15. downphoenix (Posts: 2733; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
maybe its only super sensitive when the screen is on?
17. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
wasn; the tech kinda look like sony's? same principle of the tech... i think it was use in xperia sola..