Nokia delays launch of Nokia Lumia 620 in India to next month
With smartphones owning a market share in India of less than 10%, the country has plenty of room for growth in smartphone sales. Besides, India is one of the fastest growing emerging markets. Recent statistics show that Apple grew its business there by a staggering 400% in the last quarter. With Apple beginning to pick up market share in the country, Nokia cannot afford to have an affordable entry-level model like the Nokia Lumia 620 delayed for too long.
source: IBNLive via WMPoweruser
1. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
20000 rs. is high price it should be in between 13000-15000rs
2. brandonrana (Posts: 57; Member since: 04 Nov 2012)
Yes true.. In india me and my friends were expecting minimum 13 k and maximum 15k . So if its 20 k then i think comparatively less people will buy it. I was so excited to buy it under 14 k :( please nokia should think about it. It will sell like hot cakes if priced under 14-15 k. Nokia please think about it..
8. PhansMuneeb (Posts: 347; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
can u get a Snapdragon s4 chipset under 15k from Samsing,Htc,Lg or Motorola c'mon dude Nokia provides great quality h/w.....not talking about s/w here :)
10. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
you fool....in us its cost is 250 dollars(by 1$=55rs it should be 13750/-rs ) by taxation it should priced as between 15000 and 16000rs not 20000rs....
12. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Did u add customs duty? Do u know how much is it? These things add up to 40%. Go vote for mafioso run Congress govt in India and this will cost 30k next time :)
11. addicted2088 (Posts: 50; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
You can't, but considering those dual- and quad-core Android devices from Karbonn, Micromax etc have become quite popular, Nokia will have to lower the price if they hope to woo people. Of course, the Lumia 620 will have MUCH better quality, but the competition from local manufacturers is a big threat, so the pricing needs to be better.
6. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Shh, the source s IBNLive. I wouldn't trust IBN or Aaj Tak or India TV or NDTV for any news unless its official.
13. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
IBN is CNN network. All PAID propaganda and no mmore :)
15. uzairkhan1994 (Posts: 17; Member since: 04 Mar 2012)
in Pakistan its 25000rs equivalent to $250....
3. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
Yes 15k is perfect ...
4. KiranPAUSER (Posts: 73; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
12k to 15k is perfect. I doubt how many will buy this.
Why price so high when you are desperate to gain smartphone market share.
5. Bappy (Posts: 25; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
"370$" won't sound so affordable anymore..
I hope the source is wrong!!
7. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3012; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Darn! I already told a friend of mine that 620 will be around 15k!
Nokia...fix the price! Lol.
9. denshow10 (Posts: 5; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
In the Philippines, the shipment was also delayed. It should have been available last weekend and it should be arriving this week according to Nokia. The local price is Php 11,600 ($290).
14. saiki4116 (Posts: 356; Member since: 31 Mar 2011)
Nokia screws up again..many of friends are waiting for this mobile,now they started to look for alternatives..