Nokia confirms 41MP Nokia EOS to be introduced July 11th
0. phoneArena 19 Jun 2013, 15:51 posted on
With all of those rumors about the Nokia EOS that have been passed back and forth lately, it is nice that Nokia has pretty much confirmed that it will introduce the 41MP Windows Phone handset at its event in New York City on July 11th; on its blog, Nokia put up a big box that says, "41 million Reasons" and listed the date and time of the event...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Credo (Posts: 748; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Can't wait to see that MonsterPhone, i wonder which cpu it will use and if they will make a 64GB version .....
4. roldefol (Posts: 4302; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Pretty sure it'll be a 1.5 Ghz S4+ with 1 GB RAM and 32 GB storage. Just like the 920 it's based on. This phone is all about the camera, the rest of the hardware is standard WP8.
15. Shaznek (Posts: 43; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
was kinda hoping they release it after the next version of WP so that other hardware can be more powerful.
21. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
I think they will release another version of EOS with Quad cores and 1080p resolution with 2gigs of ram.
55. android_hitman (unregistered)
WP8 doesn't support yet 1080p and snapdragon 800
35. icyrock1 (Posts: 307; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
It might have a quad core chip given that one recently showed up on Nokia's developer channel.
44. papss (unregistered)
I would freak out if it had quad core... That would be huge...sadly I don't think it's going to happen without us knowing about it. Could they keep it quiet long enough to surprise us? How many android guys would possibly jumping to WP8 to give it a spin? I'm sure there would be some.
22. RiseAgainst94 (Posts: 281; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
Android and it's mine. Not until then
2. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Real challenger to S4 Zoom and Honami!
Where are you HTC? We want you to be in competition with your ultra-pixels :)
6. roldefol (Posts: 4302; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Honami maybe, the S4 Zoom shouldn't even be in the same sentence. It's a 2 year old phone with a nice camera attached.
7. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
It has a good camera over all although it is bulky.
It should be in competition I think because of GSM Support and Android OS installed.
9. roldefol (Posts: 4302; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
And because Samsung disingenuously gave it the S4 name. Even though the hardware is closer to an S2.
19. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Because it is not built for gaming. It is built for capturing photos and recording videos which can be done on a dual core processor flawlessly. IMO
32. roldefol (Posts: 4302; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Nothing wrong with that, but call it simply the Galaxy Zoom. The S4 is a fully featured gaming and multimedia powerhouse.
33. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
May be because it has the same design as S4 :s
60. illiad (Posts: 128; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
you will have to look again, it is the S4 MINI spec, NOT S4!
640x960, NOT 480x800, 16Mp NOT 8Mp, 1.5G cpu, NOT 1.2G....
59. illiad (Posts: 128; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
I think you are confusing it with the samsung camera ..
It has no support for GSM voice communication.
The samsung zoom has got full phone capability - its basically the full-featured Galaxy S4 mini hardware inside.. :)
65. roldefol (Posts: 4302; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
That assumes you consider the S4 Mini full-featured. That phone doesn't deserve the S4 name either. More like S2 1/2.
58. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Not a joke but it needs more customization and proper attention.
43. mottykels (Posts: 384; Member since: 15 May 2013)
HTC Tsunami with 1.2MP SuperUltraPixel with a huge lens, the whole back part is a camera lens lol
62. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
since honami doesn't even exist and zoom is in a difefrent category, EOS has no competition
3. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
And whether it will have OIS for pics and video.
42. applesauce (banned) (Posts: 165; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
Based on the video from Vizileaks (posted here last week or so) it will have OIS, internal mechanical zoom, and a mechanical shutter
5. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
NOKIA keeps getting better & better. Damn 41mp
8. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
41MP is nice, but what about other specifications, seems that they doesn't shine so. :/
10. roldefol (Posts: 4302; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
They're not bad, just not the latest and greatest. It'll certainly be enough to support the badazz camera.
13. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Yes, I know, but personally I don't like such disbalance.
17. roldefol (Posts: 4302; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
It depends on the customer, I guess. True, a lot of customers look only at specs (I overheard a guy saying he went to buy the S3 and walked out with the Note 2 solely because it was a quad-core). But that being the case, nothing else on the market touches 41 MP. They don't need a quad core or 2 GB RAM to sell the phone.