Nokia confirms 41MP Nokia EOS to be introduced July 11th
The Nokia EOS is expected to feature a 4.5 inch screen, a 768 x 1280 resolution and a pixel density of 332ppi. On back will be the same 41MP camera that is on the Symbian flavored Nokia 808 PureView. A 2000mAh battery should power the device, which passed through the FCC the other day wearing AT&T's color.
It feels like we've been waiting for this model for a long time. If you can hold on for a tad more than 3 weeks, you'll see the Nokia EOS finally get unveiled.
source: Nokia via electronista
1. Credo (Posts: 714; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Can't wait to see that MonsterPhone, i wonder which cpu it will use and if they will make a 64GB version .....
4. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Pretty sure it'll be a 1.5 Ghz S4+ with 1 GB RAM and 32 GB storage. Just like the 920 it's based on. This phone is all about the camera, the rest of the hardware is standard WP8.
15. Shaznek (Posts: 43; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
was kinda hoping they release it after the next version of WP so that other hardware can be more powerful.
21. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
I think they will release another version of EOS with Quad cores and 1080p resolution with 2gigs of ram.
55. android_hitman (unregistered)
WP8 doesn't support yet 1080p and snapdragon 800
35. icyrock1 (Posts: 307; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
It might have a quad core chip given that one recently showed up on Nokia's developer channel.
44. papss (unregistered)
I would freak out if it had quad core... That would be huge...sadly I don't think it's going to happen without us knowing about it. Could they keep it quiet long enough to surprise us? How many android guys would possibly jumping to WP8 to give it a spin? I'm sure there would be some.
22. RiseAgainst94 (Posts: 281; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
Android and it's mine. Not until then
2. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Real challenger to S4 Zoom and Honami!
Where are you HTC? We want you to be in competition with your ultra-pixels :)
6. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Honami maybe, the S4 Zoom shouldn't even be in the same sentence. It's a 2 year old phone with a nice camera attached.
7. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
It has a good camera over all although it is bulky.
It should be in competition I think because of GSM Support and Android OS installed.
9. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
And because Samsung disingenuously gave it the S4 name. Even though the hardware is closer to an S2.
19. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Because it is not built for gaming. It is built for capturing photos and recording videos which can be done on a dual core processor flawlessly. IMO
32. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Nothing wrong with that, but call it simply the Galaxy Zoom. The S4 is a fully featured gaming and multimedia powerhouse.
33. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
May be because it has the same design as S4 :s
60. illiad (Posts: 114; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
you will have to look again, it is the S4 MINI spec, NOT S4!
640x960, NOT 480x800, 16Mp NOT 8Mp, 1.5G cpu, NOT 1.2G....
59. illiad (Posts: 114; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
I think you are confusing it with the samsung camera ..
It has no support for GSM voice communication.
The samsung zoom has got full phone capability - its basically the full-featured Galaxy S4 mini hardware inside.. :)
65. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
That assumes you consider the S4 Mini full-featured. That phone doesn't deserve the S4 name either. More like S2 1/2.
58. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Not a joke but it needs more customization and proper attention.
43. mottykels (Posts: 373; Member since: 15 May 2013)
HTC Tsunami with 1.2MP SuperUltraPixel with a huge lens, the whole back part is a camera lens lol
62. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
since honami doesn't even exist and zoom is in a difefrent category, EOS has no competition
3. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
And whether it will have OIS for pics and video.
42. applesauce (banned) (Posts: 165; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
Based on the video from Vizileaks (posted here last week or so) it will have OIS, internal mechanical zoom, and a mechanical shutter
5. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7036; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
NOKIA keeps getting better & better. Damn 41mp
8. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
41MP is nice, but what about other specifications, seems that they doesn't shine so. :/
10. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
They're not bad, just not the latest and greatest. It'll certainly be enough to support the badazz camera.
13. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Yes, I know, but personally I don't like such disbalance.
17. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
It depends on the customer, I guess. True, a lot of customers look only at specs (I overheard a guy saying he went to buy the S3 and walked out with the Note 2 solely because it was a quad-core). But that being the case, nothing else on the market touches 41 MP. They don't need a quad core or 2 GB RAM to sell the phone.
25. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
But 41 MP is also about specs so if phone has high end camera, then why go backwards with other specs? I think that device specifications should be in "harmony". But as I have said before it is only my personal opinion. :)
34. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
It's only a step backward by Android standards. For a WP it will be current specs.
Nokia will step up their other hardware when MS lets them. Probably this fall. Until then, we "only" get fancy cameras.
37. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"It's only a step backward by Android standards. For a WP it will be current specs."
I don't distinguish standards in to Android or WP since both OS can run same SoCs. So for me it is step backwards in current tech standards.
"Until then, we "only" get fancy cameras."
This is what I'm talking about.
38. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I'm just looking at the facts on the ground. Android phones are limited only by the SoCs available. As soon as the newest chip drops, they're off and running. WP is restricted to what MS approves. So I only compare the variables, ie camera and storage. If WP8 runs smoothly on a dual core and 1GB, it's enough for me.
53. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
This is what the majority of people don't understand.. S4 still lags on Octa-core (2x Quad-core) processor... problem is not in the hardware but in the OS... my brothers Lumia 520 works flawlessly with 1GHz dual-core processor. MS has years of experience in Windows OS and they will use it to make WP better and better.
64. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Not true, Nokia and WP already had problems due lack of RAM. Remember that performance is required not only for OS but for apps which are runinng in it too. Also it is always good to have reserve of performance since it may be some kind of proof that your device will support upcoming OS updates.
54. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
IMO, Nokia ha a research facility testing all kinds of chips. I believe they already tested all chipsets and chooses which is best for their mobile phones. I read a recent news that Nokia may be testing the quad core SD800 but due to battery inconsistency. They dropped it in favor of S4. Until they find a suitable replacement for the battery. "(This depart ment haven't change at all)". They may stick to the dual core, for the mean time that is..
12. SIGPRO (Posts: 794; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
Remember Nokia is testing phones with quadcore cpu and adreno 305 gpu.
They will have 2 EOS versions, the first will be with lower specs.
This because Nokia is waiting for MS to release the GDR3 update wich will support Full HD quadcore cpu and other stuff.
But maybe i am wrong and they will introduce the quadcore Full HD EOS next month!
31. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Probably more like next year, not next month.
40. applesauce (banned) (Posts: 165; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
Or closer to the holiday season. And/or something to offset the 2013-model-iphone launch
45. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I think they're readying a new Lumia flagship for the holiday season, to replace the 920. And it will probably have an advanced PureView Phase 2 camera, maybe a 12 MP unit. It won't be an EOS though. The EOS is for camera geeks. It's not an iPhone-HTC One-S4 competitor.
61. illiad (Posts: 114; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
yes, simpler to get a good pentax 645 instead...
I ask, when you have your good camera setup on a tripod, all ready to take a good shot, what happens when somebody call you????
63. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
and when you're in the loom and you left your phone on the bookshelf, would you answer?
11. SIGPRO (Posts: 794; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
The EOS will kill the S4 Zoom.
The S4 Zoom is just a crappy toy.
Were are the Sammy fanboys hahaha.
24. rsiders (Posts: 521; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
No my friend. Not we're but where. You're welcome.
26. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
I though he was trying to offend
"We are the sammy fanboys"
46. ncarlosmiguel (Posts: 206; Member since: 14 May 2013)
The EOS is definitely a beastly device.
But bragging how a high end (or flagship) will kill a mid-range device... LOL
48. MartyK (Posts: 730; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
41MP Nokia EOS is nothing more then a AMC PACER(OS) with nice wheels(Camera)...lol
16. illiad (Posts: 114; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
nah, I'm wating for the 100 MP coming soon!!
18. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5685; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
this is the Lumia we've all been waiting for. c':
23. Guarulhos (Posts: 39; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
41 megapixels ? Giant image sensor ? Xenon flash ? Led Flash ? Oversampling ? Carl Zeiss ? Ha Ha Ha ! Nokia tell me something new !
All that I already have in my 808 Pureview Pro !!!
I will have to wait and see exactly what they have done with the camera app,postprocessing and some actual images from the phone.. At the moment, i see no reason to upgrade !
27. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
What about other specifications of Nokia 808 PureView does they are equal to Nokia EOS? I don't think so!
I think that you are just buthurt because there is newer and better device than your current phone. ;)
29. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I think the phone is intended more for folks who couldn't get the 808 or didn't want a dead OS. And Americans who want to buy cheap on contact. If you're happy with your 808, stick with it!
36. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
but the 808 doesnt have much support, no new apps and is left to the pages of history
this will be a 808 with a growing os and bumped up specs aswell as (hopefully) even more fine tuning to the camera resulting in something that could give us an even better cameraphone then the 808...we shall see on that one though
i have an 808 and this is the one logical upgrade for me if it lives up to the hype
28. Muzhhur (Posts: 257; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
I think it gonna pack a Quad core and 1.5 g memory ram
39. applesauce (banned) (Posts: 165; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
Giggity giggity giggity! (repeat 38 more times)
47. BesnikRrustemi (Posts: 44; Member since: 08 Jan 2013)
They should wait for the wp update,and then release it with 1080p display and a snapdragon 800.