Nokia comic strip urges people to #Switch to get wireless charging
0. phoneArena 20 Jan 2013, 02:00 posted on
Ok, who turned on the switch at Nokia that makes them just want to talk about the #Switch, which is the Finnish OEM's new catchphrase as the Nokia Lumia 920 starts picking up traction all over the world; in the U.S., the exciting news is that we could soon be seeing a high-end Nokia Lumia model for Verizon Wireless which could be a carrier-specific variant of the Nokia Lumia 920...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
41. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Who said only fat people get it?
That's MISCONCEPTION #1 :)
66. cripton805 (Posts: 1445; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
My Dad had diabetes and he was skinny as hell. Youre kinda not all there.
28. SleepingOz (unregistered)
LMAO! what a stupid comic.. xD
43. papss (unregistered)
Well I believe I covered the basis with I'm not fat NOR do I have diabetes
And why The thumbs down? We can't have a conversation without them?
44. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Cool so buy as many NOKIA wireless chargers as you may want to and enjoy life being happy that you have Nokia Wireless Chargers for your phone and your body is immune to all things "Dirty"... Lucky Superman/Superwomen
Don't lose sleep over thumbs up/downs. I don;t even look at them ...
48. papss (unregistered)
Lol this is the first Nokia I've ever owned so I can't speak of there past. I believe you have to be within a certain radius for it to be harmful.. You can correct me if I'm wrong
54. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
True about Radius. If i were you i would just avoid it completely. You have to care for the body that you live in ... as these corporates and $ hungry mafia won't. As they say better be safe than sorry :)
63. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Whenever you have time read this ... it's a general article about EMF/Dirty elec etc and health hazards ...http://articles.mercola.com/si
69. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
I am glad to see that Android is popular, and it's really great to see some of these people bashing WP8: the cyber-criminal community couldn't thrive if not for the huge amount of malware and viri embedded in Android apps. It's worth remember that cyber-criminals are people too; and stealing credit card information and other forms of identity and data theft would be far more difficult if more individuals were using WP8, ...
The cyber-criminals of the world wish to sincerely thank those who support the Android platform, and diss other more secure mobile OS's. They appreciate you helping them fill their own bank accounts with your money!
87. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
>> 6. Benefit of Wireless charger, when you PUT DOWN your device, even for 5 to 10 minutes, it will instantly start charging, get the point? And when you get a call, you can get it up, pick the call, talk for 30 minutes or an hour and put it back and it will be charging AGAIN
Do batteries have limits/life based on "Charging cycles"? I think pushing the battery thru too frequent cycles also reduces life. I am willing to learn from experts like you so asking :)
114. FireDragon (Posts: 114; Member since: 13 Nov 2009)
Did you mean to ask me this?
Well I happen to read something related a short while back, which said these batteries can take charge cycles like that. They did specify the type but I honestly forget.
I myself used to wait till battery goes down to minimum level and then I put my devices to charge and try not to unplug them until they are charged to max level. Now it has been over a year or near a year I am not doing it and I am not seeing any negative change in battery strength.
120. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Yes sorry it went under wrong thread but was for you. As long as battery is replaceable short cycles one can live with as even if battery finally dies it can be replaced. Nokia isn't shipping with removeable batteries.
RIM seems to be concentrating on right things like removable batteries, extension slot etc.
81. FireDragon (Posts: 114; Member since: 13 Nov 2009)
Let’s talk about it with the little sense should we? And I will be talking about the uses of Wireless Charging, not because of Nokia is doing it so keep the fan-hatred from clouding something called common-sense.
1. Just an important reminder, there is a WIRED charger come with the package, so stop crying because wireless charging is optional for those who USE it and who VALUE it, you crying peeps can still use the wired chargers
2. Try to appreciate a technology; if not then massive giga processors are useless for mobiles, extreme number of resolution is worthless for screens. Both eat batteries
3. How long do you normally talk on the phone in a sitting? 3 or 4 continue hours that you actually sit next to a socket with your phone connected to a charger? You need a life.
4. For how long do you need to surf or play games on your device without putting it down, again same as above, you need a life if you don’t let go of your device for that long
5. You can at least still surf, watch movie or listing to songs when the device is resting on its charging bed. I believe you can use Bluetooth for calls too for a while. Use the accessories for your advantage, not to bash your head against others
6. Benefit of Wireless charger, when you PUT DOWN your device, even for 5 to 10 minutes, it will instantly start charging, get the point? And when you get a call, you can get it up, pick the call, talk for 30 minutes or an hour and put it back and it will be charging AGAIN
7. Possibility is that in next 6 to 8 months more accessories will be available with wireless charging options. At that time you will not have to find perfect pin when you are outside on strange places. You might find a Wireless charging station
I have more to go on with but I will stop by here. I am one of those who will use wireless charging and value it.
128. rav405 (unregistered)
you forgot to mention one more point....while the phone is connected to the wired charger and talking on the phone at the same time has a great chace of causing death due to the current passing through the wire to the earpiece and then through the body of the person.......
129. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Really? What voltage is the charger output?
130. FireDragon (Posts: 114; Member since: 13 Nov 2009)
I am aware of these sort of stories. The only possibility I see is if for some reason the charger short circuit or something that let full AC current pass to the wire to handset, make it explode and give person a shock.
But... accident (sh!t) happens, I remember a 3-sim China Phone explode all by itself in a pocket few months ago.
I myself talked for hours (yes hours, 2 3 hours on a single call) with handset attached to charger. Luckily that never happen and I hope it never happen to anyone.
85. trexnkrumpets (Posts: 45; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
Ok. Troll⤴. Wp8 is streamlined just like IOS. Apps aren't as diverse, they all work appropriately with the OS. Android is Completely open. And pardon me, but just like your mom who keeps her legs open, you'll get your share of apps that'll give you that bad itch. And that "mother" of yours gave me quite a few of those. Just cause the whole town loves her doesn't mean that she's the Best out there. My windows phone may be closed, but I've yet to get any bad itches from any of her apps. (and that my friend is the downside of android , I do not have the time or patience to deal with the frustrations of needing an app to work when I need it to)
86. trexnkrumpets (Posts: 45; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
P.s. I like android, WP, and IOS in their own ways, and I've used them all as a heavy user for extended periods of time. But like said before, ppl prefer different experiences. I prefer WP. I've yet to have an issue. (the essential apps are all there and if not IE for WP works surprisingly well) I suggest you try a WP and or IOS for a good period of time to see it as an average user. You might actually enjoy it.
100. DLUVPARMAR (Posts: 50; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
THE WORLD MOST INNOVATIVE SMART PHONE NOKIA LUMIA 920.....BETTER THAN SMSUNG GALAXY S3,NOTE2,..... APPLE IPHONE 5,HTC 8X,HTC ONE X+,BLACK BERRY 10....ALL NEXUS DEVICE......LUMIA IS BETTER THAN ALL.......
107. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Haha, time to wake up buddy..
108. Smg-Uk (Posts: 24; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
Time to grow some brain cells you dumb cunt
101. papss (unregistered)
This comment section sort of reminds me of android, fragmented.. ;)
103. nasznjoka (Posts: 402; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
I don how to put this but I've never seen dumb fan boys like these of the beloved 920 s**t
115. FireDragon (Posts: 114; Member since: 13 Nov 2009)
Don't put the fan-boy label on me, I am all about Sony, I use Nokia and Android all the same.
But you should read the things Apple (iZombies) come up with, you will forget every other dumb fans. They are the one who redefine fanboism. :)
125. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
im sorry but pointing the finger at apple fanboys doesnt work when the comments section shows clearly anfroid fanboys are the worst
trool, darac,sleepingoz etc so many....dont understand why you accept these but point at the 1-2 apple trolls left
105. nasznjoka (Posts: 402; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
Its funny how this is , while other phones are are competing softwate wise this phones users are boasting the 'look' and tiles.........huhihu
109. Smg-Uk (Posts: 24; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
Live tiles is part of the software you pathetic little twat