Nokia comic strip urges people to #Switch to get wireless charging
0. phoneArena 20 Jan 2013, 02:00 posted on
Ok, who turned on the switch at Nokia that makes them just want to talk about the #Switch, which is the Finnish OEM's new catchphrase as the Nokia Lumia 920 starts picking up traction all over the world; in the U.S., the exciting news is that we could soon be seeing a high-end Nokia Lumia model for Verizon Wireless which could be a carrier-specific variant of the Nokia Lumia 920...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
21. SamsungFan (Posts: 201; Member since: 16 Apr 2012)
Haseeb nokia is no match for Samsung. In every way samsung has beaten nokia. Soon nokia will die, if they continue using wp8
117. bayusuputra (Posts: 941; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
announced =/= release.
I haven't heard any buzz about Galaxxy S3 wireless charging.
61. cripton805 (Posts: 924; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
Because they needed to. Why did HTC add beats? Bcause they needed to.
11. jameshoe (unregistered)
face the true, not introduce! Nokia did the wireless charging
15. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
They rushed it cause there Lumia WP8 were declining, so they thought they'd come out with this inception and show the world Nokia was first, but with heavy adverts and spending millions on adverts in peoples heart Nokia and Wp8 is dieing™
2. BackHandLegend (Posts: 80; Member since: 15 Dec 2012)
I envision wireless charging the way Nikola Tesla did. Free energy and from a distance, not from setting your phone on a pad, might as well use a charger to text and charge at the same time. Idiots.
99. -box- (Posts: 3801; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
We'll get there eventually. Just has to be implemented safely and effectively. No sense in having it if it causes people to have heart attacks or the charging is less than a trickle to where it actually gains power when using it.
3. RapidCat (Posts: 351; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
Don't let cables tie you down
but wireless charging still using cable?
I can play games using traditional charging
19. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8340; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You know you can move the phone around the mat without being tied down to a Micro USB cable right?
34. SleepingOz (unregistered)
22. papss (unregistered)
I find it completely funny that a child like troll feels the need to degrade WP8 or Nokia.. Feed the troll, nice comment troll.. Didn't I see it somewhere else? Oh yeah, its every thread with either of these companies in it. Its okay, you feel threatened bye what you have no idea about. You just continue to use your buggy ICS. You like a stutter do you? I thought so... You sir should be banned for your complete nonsense. You give android a bad name and make them look ignorant...
65. cripton805 (Posts: 924; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
I havent seen any stutter on any Android yet and I have used it since Eclair. You must really need to look for it.
Maybe its one of those really low end phones that are free and you must pick the worst one out of that free pile.
96. papss (unregistered)
Dude you are delusional if you think ICS wasn't a stutterfest no matter the phone..reason I'm speaking of ICS? Troll has ICS and not jelly bean. I never bought the low end phone.. I had a nexus one, GS2, nitro hd, one x and now a l920
122. cripton805 (Posts: 924; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
I have had every OS since Eclair and I call bull. I had ICS on my Razr.
123. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
you only call bull as you like all fanboys cant admit your precious android isnt perfect, pathetic
my archos has ics (prob never get updated to jelly bean sadly) and ive had lag and force closure. my 808 also had some lag occasionally and has froze a couple times since ive had it.
see unlike you i can admit when a product has had fault. stop been a closed minded fanboy who talks complete bs
25. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
No thank you ... i don't like wireless charging. "Dirty" electricity is bad for health.
31. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Not just bad for health but people behind this comic has no logic at all! xD
You can still move and use your phone while it's charging with a traditional wire charger.. Can we tell the same about restricted "wireless" chargers? LMAO! Logic FAIL, nokia!
35. papss (unregistered)
You do know it does both and comes with both.. There's that choice again that android fans are talking about.. It seems that choice is only good when it puts a plus on the android front
39. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
No. Wireless charging is bull crap irrespective of the LOGO. It's just a way to earn more money by these greedy corporates and nothing else. Comfort? Comfort my foot it just adds to their bottom line at expense of public health.
42. papss (unregistered)
I didn't pay a penny for it so how is it greed? It's not, stop trying to find fault where there is none.
47. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
NOKIA is not a charitable company nor are others. Do you think you would get it free? Cost is already built into the device and the FREE CARROT is dangled just to lure ... c'mon you can be more sensible than that :)
51. papss (unregistered)
Listen.. I payed 99.00 for this great phone (not the best but great) with a charger so while it cost something in one department or another that was the best deal on a phone all last year
60. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
I am ok with phone (as phones are something that are becoming unavoidable) of any company except apple but not ok with the wireless charger that NOKIA is showing as a reason to SWITCH .... Nokia already lost me because of this reason to switch ....
102. SleepingOz (unregistered)
I know it comes with a cable charger as well. I was just pointing out the BS logic about this comic. Don't deviate from the topic, you butthurt fanboy.
36. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Well not just NOKIA anyone who tries to make Wireless Charging as USP are just fooling the INNOCENT buyers .. i call it "DUPING" and not fooling .. Around 15% of population is walking on diabetes without knowing that they are prone to "D".
And i see my son's Xperia P always on charging while he is playing games and testing continuously for hours ...
27. papss (unregistered)
First of all that talks about its bad if you have diabetes... I'm not fat and I certainly don't have diabetes so for me wireless is the way to go.. Plugging in your phone is a pain sometimes and every phone I've owned the micro USB slot gets loose.
29. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
The way you talk it is clear you have no understanding about diabetes ... and as a diabetic i can say so because before i was Dx'd even i did not know what diabetes is all about and carried same misconceptions as you do. Blind love is always bad and catastrophic ... use your head ... anything mishandled will get "loose" ... looks like you are blinded by Nokia love. Bad effects are traceable in a diabetic due to broken carbohydrate metabolism system but that doesn't mean it doesn't cause same changes in normal person. In normal person the feedback loops works perfect so it comes in normal range but it does overwork your pancreas to get it normal :)
As the saying goes ... better be safe than sorry as "D" can strike just about anyone ... except you perhaps :)
38. papss (unregistered)
I say it again... I'm not fat and I certainly don't have diabetes so for ME this is no concern...
41. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Who said only fat people get it?
That's MISCONCEPTION #1 :)
66. cripton805 (Posts: 924; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
My Dad had diabetes and he was skinny as hell. Youre kinda not all there.
28. SleepingOz (unregistered)
LMAO! what a stupid comic.. xD
43. papss (unregistered)
Well I believe I covered the basis with I'm not fat NOR do I have diabetes
And why The thumbs down? We can't have a conversation without them?
44. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Cool so buy as many NOKIA wireless chargers as you may want to and enjoy life being happy that you have Nokia Wireless Chargers for your phone and your body is immune to all things "Dirty"... Lucky Superman/Superwomen
Don't lose sleep over thumbs up/downs. I don;t even look at them ...
48. papss (unregistered)
Lol this is the first Nokia I've ever owned so I can't speak of there past. I believe you have to be within a certain radius for it to be harmful.. You can correct me if I'm wrong
54. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
True about Radius. If i were you i would just avoid it completely. You have to care for the body that you live in ... as these corporates and $ hungry mafia won't. As they say better be safe than sorry :)
63. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Whenever you have time read this ... it's a general article about EMF/Dirty elec etc and health hazards ...http://articles.mercola.com/si
69. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
I am glad to see that Android is popular, and it's really great to see some of these people bashing WP8: the cyber-criminal community couldn't thrive if not for the huge amount of malware and viri embedded in Android apps. It's worth remember that cyber-criminals are people too; and stealing credit card information and other forms of identity and data theft would be far more difficult if more individuals were using WP8, ...
The cyber-criminals of the world wish to sincerely thank those who support the Android platform, and diss other more secure mobile OS's. They appreciate you helping them fill their own bank accounts with your money!
87. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
>> 6. Benefit of Wireless charger, when you PUT DOWN your device, even for 5 to 10 minutes, it will instantly start charging, get the point? And when you get a call, you can get it up, pick the call, talk for 30 minutes or an hour and put it back and it will be charging AGAIN
Do batteries have limits/life based on "Charging cycles"? I think pushing the battery thru too frequent cycles also reduces life. I am willing to learn from experts like you so asking :)
114. FireDragon (Posts: 107; Member since: 13 Nov 2009)
Did you mean to ask me this?
Well I happen to read something related a short while back, which said these batteries can take charge cycles like that. They did specify the type but I honestly forget.
I myself used to wait till battery goes down to minimum level and then I put my devices to charge and try not to unplug them until they are charged to max level. Now it has been over a year or near a year I am not doing it and I am not seeing any negative change in battery strength.
120. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Yes sorry it went under wrong thread but was for you. As long as battery is replaceable short cycles one can live with as even if battery finally dies it can be replaced. Nokia isn't shipping with removeable batteries.
RIM seems to be concentrating on right things like removable batteries, extension slot etc.
81. FireDragon (Posts: 107; Member since: 13 Nov 2009)
Let’s talk about it with the little sense should we? And I will be talking about the uses of Wireless Charging, not because of Nokia is doing it so keep the fan-hatred from clouding something called common-sense.
1. Just an important reminder, there is a WIRED charger come with the package, so stop crying because wireless charging is optional for those who USE it and who VALUE it, you crying peeps can still use the wired chargers
2. Try to appreciate a technology; if not then massive giga processors are useless for mobiles, extreme number of resolution is worthless for screens. Both eat batteries
3. How long do you normally talk on the phone in a sitting? 3 or 4 continue hours that you actually sit next to a socket with your phone connected to a charger? You need a life.
4. For how long do you need to surf or play games on your device without putting it down, again same as above, you need a life if you don’t let go of your device for that long
5. You can at least still surf, watch movie or listing to songs when the device is resting on its charging bed. I believe you can use Bluetooth for calls too for a while. Use the accessories for your advantage, not to bash your head against others
6. Benefit of Wireless charger, when you PUT DOWN your device, even for 5 to 10 minutes, it will instantly start charging, get the point? And when you get a call, you can get it up, pick the call, talk for 30 minutes or an hour and put it back and it will be charging AGAIN
7. Possibility is that in next 6 to 8 months more accessories will be available with wireless charging options. At that time you will not have to find perfect pin when you are outside on strange places. You might find a Wireless charging station
I have more to go on with but I will stop by here. I am one of those who will use wireless charging and value it.
128. rav405 (Posts: 42; Member since: 14 Dec 2010)
you forgot to mention one more point....while the phone is connected to the wired charger and talking on the phone at the same time has a great chace of causing death due to the current passing through the wire to the earpiece and then through the body of the person.......
129. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Really? What voltage is the charger output?
130. FireDragon (Posts: 107; Member since: 13 Nov 2009)
I am aware of these sort of stories. The only possibility I see is if for some reason the charger short circuit or something that let full AC current pass to the wire to handset, make it explode and give person a shock.
But... accident (sh!t) happens, I remember a 3-sim China Phone explode all by itself in a pocket few months ago.
I myself talked for hours (yes hours, 2 3 hours on a single call) with handset attached to charger. Luckily that never happen and I hope it never happen to anyone.
85. trexnkrumpets (Posts: 44; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
Ok. Troll⤴. Wp8 is streamlined just like IOS. Apps aren't as diverse, they all work appropriately with the OS. Android is Completely open. And pardon me, but just like your mom who keeps her legs open, you'll get your share of apps that'll give you that bad itch. And that "mother" of yours gave me quite a few of those. Just cause the whole town loves her doesn't mean that she's the Best out there. My windows phone may be closed, but I've yet to get any bad itches from any of her apps. (and that my friend is the downside of android , I do not have the time or patience to deal with the frustrations of needing an app to work when I need it to)
86. trexnkrumpets (Posts: 44; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
P.s. I like android, WP, and IOS in their own ways, and I've used them all as a heavy user for extended periods of time. But like said before, ppl prefer different experiences. I prefer WP. I've yet to have an issue. (the essential apps are all there and if not IE for WP works surprisingly well) I suggest you try a WP and or IOS for a good period of time to see it as an average user. You might actually enjoy it.
100. DLUVPARMAR (Posts: 50; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
THE WORLD MOST INNOVATIVE SMART PHONE NOKIA LUMIA 920.....BETTER THAN SMSUNG GALAXY S3,NOTE2,..... APPLE IPHONE 5,HTC 8X,HTC ONE X+,BLACK BERRY 10....ALL NEXUS DEVICE......LUMIA IS BETTER THAN ALL.......
107. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Haha, time to wake up buddy..
108. Smg-Uk (Posts: 24; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
Time to grow some brain cells you dumb cunt
101. papss (unregistered)
This comment section sort of reminds me of android, fragmented.. ;)
103. nasznjoka (Posts: 342; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
I don how to put this but I've never seen dumb fan boys like these of the beloved 920 s**t
115. FireDragon (Posts: 107; Member since: 13 Nov 2009)
Don't put the fan-boy label on me, I am all about Sony, I use Nokia and Android all the same.
But you should read the things Apple (iZombies) come up with, you will forget every other dumb fans. They are the one who redefine fanboism. :)
125. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
im sorry but pointing the finger at apple fanboys doesnt work when the comments section shows clearly anfroid fanboys are the worst
trool, darac,sleepingoz etc so many....dont understand why you accept these but point at the 1-2 apple trolls left
105. nasznjoka (Posts: 342; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
Its funny how this is , while other phones are are competing softwate wise this phones users are boasting the 'look' and tiles.........huhihu
109. Smg-Uk (Posts: 24; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
Live tiles is part of the software you pathetic little twat