Nokia chats about Gorilla Glass 3 for the Nokia Lumia 1020
0. phoneArena 30 Jul 2013, 16:06 posted on
The Nokia Lumia 1020 uses Corning's Gorilla Glass 3 on the 4.5 inch display and on the camera cover found on the back of the handset; the Finnish OEM took some time to write all about the Glass that it is counting on to protect the display and the camera covering from falling prey to a butterfingers owner. The camera-centric model is the first Nokia phone to use Cornings' durable glass...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. SingDaFire (Posts: 74; Member since: 21 Jun 2013)
What ?... The Lumia 1020 is the first nokia to use gorilla glass?.. Maybe gorilla 3 i believe.. Correct it please...
2. Credo (Posts: 744; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
& also the second after the Samsung Galaxy S4 to use it ...
7. iamfury (Posts: 61; Member since: 07 Oct 2012)
its written on the very first line that it's gorilla 3....!
11. akki20892 (Posts: 3900; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
But u can't hide from that, if Nokia use gorilla glass 1 it's not gonna break after drop that phone.
13. RiseAgainst94 (Posts: 281; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
Gorilla glass didn't help my Lumia 900 from shattering from a waist high drop. I'm not impressed by the glass, but the phone on the other hand...
14. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Gorilla Glass is over hyped and a crap product. Sapphire glass is what every flagship should be using.
22. ChiX017 (Posts: 308; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
Yes n you would pay +$300 for each phone cause its expensive you know?!
3. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
what the hell> Gorilla Glass was used in N8 as well.
4. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
No other new features to discuss I guess. Next is the type of charger that came in the box.
8. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Its made out of the same poly carbonate that the s4 is made out of lol.
9. x88yunkw (Posts: 116; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
my friend accidentally dropped his s4, and that's it. Screen broken.
15. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Same exact glass is on the 1020, doubt it will do very well in drop test because gorilla glass 3 on s4 = fail.
20. akki20892 (Posts: 3900; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Glass on nokia phones not gonna break easily.
12. krimHD (Posts: 106; Member since: 23 May 2012)
really Sad...well its not like we don't know that would happen if it dropped
17. SIGPRO (Posts: 1376; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
They should use Dragon Trail Glass that is way stronger!
19. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
and they say nokia is outdated... pffft
23. MSCCAG (Posts: 14; Member since: 12 Nov 2013)
Lumia 1020 case with bright orange color
It is necessary to have a leather protector,effect avoid the damage from the drop by accident.not only the camera lens. also the screen.
this design is a true shockproof case,totally soft.
Is made from blackberry-cn.com