Nokia brings out the Lumia swag: the 920 is the one, not the HTC One
0. phoneArena 20 Feb 2013, 03:21 posted on
The HTC One is not just a great device all-around, it is also bold with its decision to include an UltraPixel Camera focusing on image quality instead of pixel count…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. tiara6918 (Posts: 2026; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Sorry nokia but I would rather get the true one from htc
15. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
the recent post of htc one on pa shows that even lumia 800 wins against this 'one'.......
64. SamsungFan (Posts: 201; Member since: 16 Apr 2012)
Its Nokia Lumia to f*** htc and samsung will rule in 2013
With the one and galaxy s4
79. Muzhhur (Posts: 260; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
that is just your decision, and it wont represent all of us
89. SamsungFan (Posts: 201; Member since: 16 Apr 2012)
Wait and see yourself .2012 was a worst year for nokia 2013 will be even worse for them
107. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
i will wait when samsung announces new devices on 2013 then u will be hiding under your bed coz its just "meh"
3. B3BLW29 (Posts: 238; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
After looking at samples from HTC one something, I would say FTW NOKIA YAY!!
65. SamsungFan (Posts: 201; Member since: 16 Apr 2012)
Looks like there is more nokia fans online. A lots of thumb downs by those fools who don't know anything about innovations
73. bhavic (Posts: 1; Member since: 20 Feb 2013)
A samsung fan talking about innovation !! LOL !!
76. SamsungFan (Posts: 201; Member since: 16 Apr 2012)
Anyway samsung galaxy sells 10x more than lumias and lumias can never beat a samsung wait for galaxy s4 you'll see
77. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
dear stupid person,
if people all over the world already converted to an android ecosystem or ios... then why dont fans come here and counter our dislikes since you believe that android phones (samsung,sony, htc,lg,huawei,alcatel etc) can overpower 1 company named nokia ?
78. SamsungFan (Posts: 201; Member since: 16 Apr 2012)
You are the real fool because you can't just compare this post. If nokia was good then they should have good sales and profits which nokia doesn't have
Soon nokia will fall. Wait for galaxy s4 and iphone 5s
Nokia will be a big zero in front of them you fool
103. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
oh really? if s4 or 5s comes out, then we will wait for lumia 930, 830, 630 etc. HA! you fool you cant beat me
now your previous comment is now invalid
and sales isnt everything if phonearena already crowned 920 as best smartphone
104. SamsungFan (Posts: 201; Member since: 16 Apr 2012)
About 50% of the smartphones are made by samsung. Your f***ing nokia have nothing. .
106. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
oh screw you hahahaha going out of topic.
go back in the kitchen.
-or more preferably, go back in making led screens
83. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Sales aren't everything.
If they were, we'd all be using iphones and driving Toyota corollas. *shudder*
Why is the most common phrase from androiders (and iphonies) "wait and see"? Whereas Nokia Winners are happy and excited by what they already have?
94. BitterTruth (unregistered)
Common even motorola's vga camera is better than galaxy's 8mp :D
WARNING: Apply cold water to burned area.
95. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
oh really being a Samsung fan you talk about innovations ...... that's a real innovation i have ever seen...LOL
66. SamsungFan (Posts: 201; Member since: 16 Apr 2012)
Nokia - a company which is struggling to get tranction these days and stands only with the help of fanboys
96. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
At least we support Nokia no matter what... because we know they are the real players in the game... No Android== RIP Samsung...
75. p5yb0rg (unregistered)
Unfortunately Nokia chose Windows Phone as their OS but their hardware is the definition of quality
90. BitterTruth (unregistered)
The company which will rape Samsunk and icrap soon soooooooo hardly
71. Dastrix (unregistered)
Five more days!! Bring it on!! Only then well we know who rules them all!!
91. BitterTruth (unregistered)
6. mr.techdude (Posts: 569; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Ok nokia, u guys have great cameras and ill admit it but HTC one is just knew too judge and even if u guys win in cameras, HTC one is a beast all around I mean seriously HTC one kills every phone out know even the sony z and its the only competitor to the s4
12. yero789 (unregistered)
What?I don't really like Sony Xperia Z or ZL that much,because maximum screen size for me is 4.7",but I mean seriously?The ZL has it's advantages over HTC One,it has dragontrail glass on both sides,it's water and dust resistant,and all the way the phone looks beautiful.HTC One is a great handset too,but I hate HTC's boring design,all the phones look the same,and that makes me bored.But HTC One also has it's advantages over Sony Xperia Z,so both handsets are good :)
23. asingha94 (Posts: 295; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
adding giant screen,core & ram is not innovation...thatswhy i hate htc....nokia ftw
45. b1acktiger (Posts: 223; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Could you please define the word innovation mean to you ? Since the NFC came out, hearing the phone needs to be plastic to make NFC Chips work. Now HTC comes with a solution. Camera is only the fancy thing in Lumia 920 nothing more and except that, nothing differentiates 920,8X,Ativ S.
52. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Um, the 920 has wireless charging (gimmick but differentiating nonetheless), a super-sensitive screen, Nokia music and Dolby equalizers. The 8x has a thinner body, tapered edges and amplitude chips. The Ativ has plastic made around to look like brushed aluminium. There, I answered it for you.
26. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
just hope it runs one full day hahaha then come back and they will tell it will runs more thena a day but in reality those are lies most time they dont
32. rgxVOiD (Posts: 440; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
"On look, a new phone is out, it must be better than the older one and the best. Now the older one is s**t, useless and anyone who uses it is inferior to me"
- kids nowadays...
How exactly did the One kill Z? The fact that its newer or just your brainwashed brain say so? Oh wait...
97. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
will you mention what HTC One has got apart from UI like WP8 ...oh dual-speakers ... that's a real innovation orthe 1.7 GHz Dual-core processor ... or a ultrapixel camera.... for the name sake..
8. asingha94 (Posts: 295; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
ugly truth for htc lovers..but truth is truth!!even 2 years older n8 givers better image quality..nokia ftw!
22. alterecho (Posts: 1098; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Thats true about the N8.
"the 920 is the one, not the HTC One".
Whose statement is this? I don't think thats a statement from Nokia itself.
As far as i know, Nokia respects its competition. Unlike certain company, that degrades potential customers, just because they are using its competitor's phone.
41. smartphone (Posts: 160; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
Actually recently HTC made fun of Nokia pureview technology by calling the number of megapixels useless.
Its just a reply and don't believe Phonearena they are baised against Nokia.
They didn't update the 920 camera update in recent camera test.
43. jsdechavez (Posts: 728; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
I think Nokia went for 38-41MP so as to put to good use their oversampling tech. No other phone camera takes better 5MP or 8MP than the 808 due to that.
53. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
No other phone takes better pictures than the 808 (yet).
55. asingha94 (Posts: 295; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
yes brother.but they dont use to review its camera comparing with other phones.because it has symbian & obviously not from samdog or htc!
69. eanpreou (Posts: 19; Member since: 14 Feb 2013)
not exactly. They don't use 808 for camera comparisons because it's way superior to the competition. They themselves commended 808 for its camera prowess they'd be a fool to ignore that.
92. BitterTruth (unregistered)
They are iSheep.
24. Sarajevo (Posts: 38; Member since: 30 Nov 2012)
Yeah, I wanted to write it here, but you were faster :) Exactly...
17. samystic (Posts: 230; Member since: 25 Mar 2012)
1) bad image editing (look at incomplete cutting of image with white corners left out)
2) image copied from PhoneArena
3) targeting 'competition'
not good Nokia... it is called arrogance!
coming from a Nokia fan... and BTW where is TROLL these days... i guess he must be filling butthurt form these days OR may be who is thumbing down everybody here... guess it is his job
85. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I doubt Nokia did it themselves. Typically someone makes a picture and Nokia reposts it, like the one if a SWAT team member using an old Nokia phone to break down a door (the phone image was superimposed over the battering ram)
25. Sarajevo (Posts: 38; Member since: 30 Nov 2012)
There is no inovation at HTC. Only try, aims of inovation. UltraPixel is nothing revolutionary...
27. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
HTC been coping nokia for a year now first in wp8 design now in camera tech at some little level of suspension idea so its another ripoff of nokia tech
29. asingha94 (Posts: 295; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
htc just want to grab peoples attention by saying ultrapixel or whatever..adding giant screen,core & ram is not innovation...thatswhy i hate htc,samsung.within every 2 or 3 weeks they release phone.nothing new except more ram or core or screen size..nokia ftw
19. idroidequis (Posts: 103; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
Nokia is becoming that company... Please just let you phones do that talking. Your not helping yourself here. One of these days they are gonna say something they will regret on twitter (we know its gonna happen they all do it) and your gonna apologize. For a company that was and is still on the edge they sure do talk big. I really have yet to see one person on the street pull out a lumia since the 900.
57. shikroi (Posts: 187; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
If you ask me their phones have been doing the talking. They promised a good low light camera, they delivered. They promised the best cam on a phone they delivered. They promised super sensitive touch, higher refresh rates and better out door visibility and they delivered. They promised a solid good looking phone and they delivered. And they will likely deliver more again in a few days and people like you will reiterate the same statement 2 months later.
"I really have yet to see one person on the street pull out a lumia since the 900."
Are you making an argument based on popularity? Because that defeats your whole premise of them not delivering quality phones. Quality and popularity don't necessarily always go hand in hand just ask htc.
BTW I have seen a few lumias.
70. eanpreou (Posts: 19; Member since: 14 Feb 2013)
It's amazing how people would react to something like this coming from Nokia yet there are other OEMs doing more s**t like this. And besides what harm will other OEMs get if Nokia proudly brand their product as the one as opposed to the others? Were they arrogant? Yes but who can blame them it's their freaking product but did they insult HTC like what HTC did when 808 and 920 came out? No. Like what shikroi said it's just "good compeition in good fun."