Nokia announces the Nokia Lumia 920T for the world's largest carrier
0. phoneArena 05 Dec 2012, 02:32 posted on
Finnish based handset manufacturer Nokia has announced the Nokia Lumia 920T for China Mobile which supports the carrier's unique TD--SCMA pipeline; the device will be the first Windows Phone 8 model in the country...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Thephonegeek (Posts: 118; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
This model should be realeased for international market with Dual core Snapdragon S4 pro chip and Adreno 320gpu.
5. Snoobab (Posts: 175; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Why? It would just use more power. No one has ever complained about performance issues with the Lumia 920.
7. Shubham412302 (Posts: 347; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
s4 plus dosent support adreno320
it only supports upto adreno 305
9. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
TD-SCMA for an international market
11. k4j98 (Posts: 60; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
The lumia 920T uses the MSM8960T (this article is wrong), hence the "T" in the name. It does utilize the Adreno 320.
2. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
2000 mAh Camera??! Lunmia 510?? 32GB MicroSD slot??
8. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Because that was corrected before you saw it.
3. tiara6918 (Posts: 1922; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
By offering this lumia 920t in china mobile, it would definitely make the sales of wp devices higher!
16. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
but dont forget, in china you can get a cheap android on below $100 with also dual core!
but yeah!! hope to see nokia rise again!! and hoping that they will get 30% of market in china next year!
10. Bernoulli (Posts: 2405; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
It'll be sad if symbian sales are still higher than windows sales in China after this launch
15. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
nokia just dont realize that people still love symbian! its sales was low dur to the fact that symbian was kinda slow to adopt the new standards that both android and iOS sets! but it catch up with belle, but nokia killed it!! sad sad story for nokia!
18. Bernoulli (Posts: 2405; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
And it's going to be even sadder when Jolla releases their handsets and those sales are higher than nokia's
12. jibraihimi (Posts: 714; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
32 GB microSD slot.....????!!!!! Nokia Why doesn't international model has microSD slot.........????
13. Thephonegeek (Posts: 118; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
The performence may be swift but to be a futureproof device powerful Hardware. Galaxy S4 for example will use octocore CPU, and that isn't even comparable to Lumia 920. S4 plus is common in Mid range droids. And specs do matter when buying a phone. When you will ask people which one two go, Galaxy S3, Iphone 5 or Lumia 920 they will say Galaxy S3 cause it has quad core CPU. That's the truth.
14. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
hope nokia will gain back its market!!! i wish WP will get at least 30% of market in china!!
21. Bernoulli (Posts: 2405; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
You can't go wrong when it comes to predicting the future of nokia+windows os
23. Bernoulli (Posts: 2405; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Of course! :) I know that for a fact; tell me, if nokia offered an android phone and a windows phone, and the Android had city lens and all the goodies nokia puts on windows phones, wouldn't you get the Android instead? So as long as nokia keeps a relationship exclusive with windows, small players and new ones like Jolla will surpass nokia
24. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
I don't think so. Just take a look how the sales of Nokia is booming up. Nokia is coming back in the game. As of today it released the new Lumia 620, which will sure to sell well in the Asian countries. US will slowly realize the quality of Nokia phones, given the strong 920 sells there. MS is also supporting their OS well. Just take a look at how they improved the OS with the Apollo. The BT FTP, Mass storage, fast browser, video codec support aren't just gimmicks.
I don't deny that if Nokia had opted for Android it could have been in a better position now. In fact, it might have ruled the phone world again. But it's okay now, Android marketplace is already so crowded with number of companies. At least Nokia is ruling the OS it's launching//
25. Bernoulli (Posts: 2405; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Hehe I do, nokia will never gain back their market share as long as they are with Microsoft, and your statement is incorrect, because when Asian countries opted for the Sony Ericsson people in the USA opted for Apple, plus don't forget Americans like to support their brands, and hehe it'll be much nicer if Microsoft had given the whole os to nokia instead of letting everyone grab a piece of the pie, hehe if nokia had either gone Android, rebuild symbian or put dual cores in future MeeGo phones not even Apple would catch up to them, but no for some reason they thought that 2% world market share was good for them instead of 37% and Android has so much to look forward to, I'm using a note II and the jellybean 4.2 makes this device super fluid and the MeeGo-like Android allows for full customization, and besides not that many people like windows, and this comes from us ex nokia lovers, I used to love nokia but I just don't like the poor, undeveloped windows os
26. Bernoulli (Posts: 2405; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
And mate even though their sales have jumped that wasn't enough for them to keep their headquarters Lmao! :)
17. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
kinda unfair that nokia add microSD slot to this version!