Nokia X's Nokia Store ported over to other Android devices
0. phoneArena 01 Mar 2014, 12:45 posted on
If Android users could port over any particular app from the forked version of the OS used on the Nokia X, it probably would be Nokia Maps. The highly regarded HERE mapping application replaces Google Maps on the Nokia X line. Unfortunately, Nokia Maps is not yet available for other Android flavored devices. However, the Nokia Store, which replaces the Google Play Store on the Nokia X, has indeed been ported over by XDA Senior Member opssemnik...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
4. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1313; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I would say "TheirMap" but I knew what you meant.
5. akki20892 (Posts: 3746; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
No you don't know what I meant. liar. Lol, No offense.
3. palmguy (Posts: 373; Member since: 22 Mar 2011)
And is there a significant reason to get Nokia apps? Anything better?
6. SleepingOz (unregistered)
I don't think so, but I'll try I though.
7. ihavenoname (Posts: 1576; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
It's as good as Google Maps, but it's different experience. Definitely worth trying, if it comes to Android (any way it comes).
11. fireblade (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
Sygic is better IMHO, it runs fluidly thanks to OpenGL ES. But the coverage is poor
12. kanagadeepan (Posts: 754; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
The reason to get Nokia apps is, because WE CAN...
16. Jason78 (Posts: 171; Member since: 10 Apr 2013)
HERE Maps. Way better than Google Maps because they can be used completely offline. The maps are stored on your phone not the cloud. No data usage and they still work in remote areas without a signal.
8. xoxoGeorges (Posts: 209; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Who would need that when they have the play store? lol.
9. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Not a huge selection, but more choice just the same.
10. nobelset (Posts: 270; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
I remember using Nokia's map app on my lumia 800 back in 2012. Man it was the sh1t! Offline navigation was so awesome. Hope I can use it on my galaxy note 2 soon
13. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Just because I can, I am going to try this...should be fun
14. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Hmmm, it is alright - interface is ok
15. mottykels (Posts: 372; Member since: 15 May 2013)
Is this possible on android this could be possibe on my Z10 :)