Nokia X (Normandy) Android phone poses for the camera again
0. phoneArena 30 Jan 2014, 06:02 posted on
That long-anticipated Nokia X, aka Normandy, the first Android phone from the Finns, has appeared in live, if somewhat low-quality shots, revealing the red casing, the 4" 480x800 pixels display, and the 5 MP camera. Nokia X is also expected to feature 512 GB of RAM, 4 GB of internal memory expanded by a microSD card slot, as well as a 1500 mAh battery. It will be available in a dual SIM version, and arrive in six jolly colors, aimed at teens and emerging markets...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Finalflash (Posts: 2444; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
I think this might be a Nokia last resort to stop the MS merger. If they can prove that Android is viable on Nokia hardware, they might be able to stop this ludicrous fire sale. Then MS won't get Nokia's top tier manufacturing abilities for pocket change, E-flop won't get $25 mil, and all wars will end because justice was done.
11. akki20892 (Posts: 3847; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
I'm seeing future, gonna sold bunch of and Nokia you will realize that u made mistake to adopt wp.
18. protozeloz (Posts: 5393; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Te emerger cannot be avoided, it's already in motion it cannot be stopped
24. Finalflash (Posts: 2444; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Lol no, China and stockholders can still change it.
27. corporateJP (Posts: 2431; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
China and India have the possibility to stop it, but the stockholders (begrudgingly) have already approved it.
29. nokia12 (Posts: 452; Member since: 19 Nov 2013)
its approved by india as well...
so only china is our last hope...
8. lalalaman (Posts: 558; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
Lol....pa should correct this in 2nd para
26. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3099; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
I know right?!? This thing will be a multitasking beast!!! Hahahaha
3. geetam (Posts: 18; Member since: 15 May 2013)
That clean master ad annoys me every time -_-
4. Vanster (Posts: 124; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
no led flash, no cam shutter, it must be under $90
5. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1488; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
$170-200 same as the lumia 520 , same internals lol
9. anirudhshirsat97 (Posts: 408; Member since: 24 May 2011)
Holy sh*t, 512 GB of RAM!! Talk about over kill, lol..!!
10. ImperialDynamics (Posts: 17; Member since: 30 Nov 2012)
where is the Asha back button? Are you sure that is the Normandy?
12. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3532; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
It's not Asha so why would it have the button? Yeas I know it has been visible on other leaks but anyway
17. IliyaBeshkov (Posts: 248; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
Maybe Nokia is going to release it with soft keys.
23. jedpatrickdatu (Posts: 163; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
Nice observation. This might not be the Normandy. The corners of the phone are more rounded compared to the Normandy in older pics, the back cover is glossier, and the speaker is a circle instead of an oval.
13. shuaibhere (Posts: 1966; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
From back it looks more like MOTO X to me...
14. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10208; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I was just about to say this. Replica of the Moto X without a flash. Similar name too.
15. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
No front camera? It might be that the lumia 520 is the best selling windows phone but it's not the best selling phone at all! People need front camera even though it's a budget phone and a flash! I mean at that almost same price, you can now get a decent android phone! I mean once the zenfone 4 gets available, and if this nokia x is true, I think people are smart enough to get a phone with a capable features! Front camera is what people need! Some phones have front camera with a flash now!
20. shuaibhere (Posts: 1966; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Really???? this is the only bad looking nokia smatphone since N8
21. VLaRueC (Posts: 170; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)
Am I the only one that sees what is happening here? Asha will be decommissioned in favor of forked Android phones.the feature phone platform is dead.
22. VZWuser76 (Posts: 3063; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
Can't believe Apple will let them release it. It looks more like the current iPhone than any of the ones they've taken to court so far. With the flat back to the corners, and the rounded edges, it could be it's twin.
25. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1405; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I agree to some degree with VLARueC's comment that the feature smart phone era is declining. Microsoft is a device and services company now. for MS to make a profit in the mobile world they should make a Android based on the Lumia 525 for the low end market and an Android smart phone based on the 1020 with a HD screen for the high end market.
these 2 MS android smart phones would sell like hot cakes and Microsoft would still have it's less popular but great Windows 8 and 8.1 smart phones to offer to the public. I will stick with windows smart phones because the coming Windows smart phone upgrade to 8.1 is the beginning of Microsoft putting some really great software on Windows smart phones
28. boosook (Posts: 1361; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Yet another cheap Nokia phone in a gazillion colors.