Nokia Windows Phone 8 prototype poses for the camera
0. phoneArena 07 Aug 2012, 02:15 posted on
That Nokia is working on Windows Phone 8 smartphones is something that we already know. What those smartphones will look like once they are out, however, is not yet known, but a recent leak coming from the far east might have just shed some light on the matter. What we have pictured here is said to be a Nokia Windows Phone 8 prototype...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
sweet jesus! i think i just made 90% of my decision already!
23. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
and trolls started thumbing positive comments. Ow why can't this people accept any other phones beside android operated phones. urgh.
28. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
aaaaand my post is hidden due to low rating.
Attention everyone! I love all OSs!
25. -box- (Posts: 3706; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Agreed, this looks great (if it's real). I love that it's green. The bezel between the top of the screen and to edge of the black section is smaller than the 900, indicating a possibly larger screen. The Nokia logo has been moved from under the FFC to the left side and up in-line with the FFC. The non-Windows8 icon could be indiciative it's still a prototype or preliminary.
I hope it comes to T-Mobile
3. kamil (Posts: 115; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
looks more like the lumia 900 and 800 but thats fine i love the design go nokia
16. IamYourFather6657 (Posts: 321; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Looks like nokia's following apple's route
Carrier exclusive and make a design that looks good and don't change it too often
6. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
add pureview and sell it with dual core, hd screen at a low price - will be equals with the s3 and iPhone.
7. AppleConspiracy (Posts: 627; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
No it won't. Products are not being sell because of specs. It's been proven numerous times. I'm just curious when will general public and industry admit that, or if they'll admit it at all.
9. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
if they add that 41MP sensor or anything near it, with good marketing, everyone will flock with it.
specs may not be a reason but it's a big factor. bad products won't sell well because of their specs, not marketing.
13. AppleConspiracy (Posts: 627; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
iPhone with inferior specs is selling gazillions of times better than anything else combined.
And Nokia had one of the most elaborated and most expensive marketing campaigns in recent years with their Lumias - and they completely failed. They couldn't sell the number of Lumias that Apple sold in their iPhones in just first month after release.
So, specs don't work, marketing don't work.
Only CULTOROLOGICAL SIGNIFICATION AND RELIGION works.
15. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
you have a point. that's just because nobody has faith in Nokia anymore especially after all the Android craze.
just wait. they'll get back again.
17. AppleConspiracy (Posts: 627; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Well, Nokia worked very hard during the last few years on destroying the last breath of reputation they had.
If they worked so cleverly on their marketing, they could actually build up their cult value again.
But I doubt it, it looks more like they want to go down, so they can be bought by someone, probably Micorosft, for their patents.
12. AppleConspiracy (Posts: 627; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Lover actually (N9), however I'm deeply commited to truth in mobile industry. No love or hate or religion in me when it comes to how thing really stand.
20. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I love the N9, but hugely disappointed due to low
11. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i like apple but why the heck an apple fan will bash nokia... go fight with android!
10. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i really think its fake... just look at the windows logo.. its not windows 8 logo... i think its windows 7.8!
14. AppleConspiracy (Posts: 627; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
This Nokia is definitely not Lumia 800 nor Lumia 900. It has 900's physionomy but it has curved/tapered screen edges like 800!
18. sportsinger75 (Posts: 71; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
Sorry, but there's no way I could ever purchase a Microsoft Windows Phone handset ever again. All us WP7 owners got shafted by not being allowed to upgrade to Windows 8. Completely unacceptable.
26. -box- (Posts: 3706; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
We didn't get shafted. We bought a phone that came with a functional OS. Do you buy a car with the expectation you're going to get the next model year's improvements? Do you buy a HD TV expecting it'll be able to show 4K when it comes out? No, you buy the new one when you want to and can afford it. The hardware isn't up to snuff for the new platform, but the software that works on the old platform is coming with 7.8, so it's pretty close to the full 8 experience I would guess.
27. mohitmk21 (Posts: 15; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
its seems to be more of wp7.8 than wp8 cause the logo at base is the same old one and wat i believe the the nokia wp8 must be coming with new wp8 logo....but then who knows!!!
29. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1010; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Hmm an all screen design with a black screen and yellow body color scheme not bad.
I wish the corners were rounded off more. I would buy this smart phone but this thing may be Proto type device or fake be patient folks in less than a 5 weeks nokia will show us their REAL DEAL new Windows phone "8" smart phones. who knows this could be real remember the sea ray design body which became the Nokia 800 was leaked. maybe Nokia is doing it again to get a gauge of what us folks think of this design so speak up folks.