Nokia Windows Phone 8 models getting tested on Verizon and T-Mobile networks
0. phoneArena 21 Apr 2012, 17:35 posted on
DSLReport's mobile speed test shows user agent profiles for two Windows Phone 8 models, the Nokia Fluid and the Qualcomm Fluid; the Verizon model was zippy most likely indicating LTE connectivity, while the T-Mobile model was sluggish...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1221; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
So windows phone 8 handsets will have square screens? Wtf?
13. Henrik (Posts: 141; Member since: 18 Feb 2012)
Nah, but there will probably be one BlackBerry type of phone with hardware keyboard (like the Nokia E71 etc). Most probably is the 480x480 display one a budget device headed for the developing countries, kind of like the Nokia Asha 302 phone. That is almost guaranteed!
15. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
How did you even get 10 thumbs up? Must be Apple/Android fanboys.
2. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
yea.. what an odd resolution. maybe its a square tablet. That would actually... sort of go along with the live tiles.. but i hope thats not the case. lol.
3. Whodaboss (Posts: 176; Member since: 18 Nov 2011)
Any news on Windows Phone 8 on TMo gets me intrigued. The more the better.
4. MondrianMetro (Posts: 2; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I've said it before and I'll say it again: the 480x480 spec is for the small, smartwatch-type device. It will be billed as a music- and notification-centric device.
The 768x768 spec, however, is for a portrait business-oriented Nokia phone with a hardware keyboard
8. cdgoin (Posts: 478; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)
OH to dream of a W8 phone with a portrait QWERTY keyboard..
11. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
BlackBerry hardware migration to WP8?
9. apocalypsebc (Posts: 148; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
I was going to post the same thing. The link proves what M$ plans are for Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8. I can't wait to see what it looks like and grab one. When ever Sprint gets one that is!
14. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
ooh. good catch. did not know that.
hmm. a smartwatch? ehh... maybe. is would anyone actually wear a smart watch? they are not very popular now for android. in just a hair more time than it takes me to get my wrist into proper view, i can just about have my phone out and screen on. That and i tend to break watches reaeeally quickly. lol.
5. MondrianMetro (Posts: 2; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
The similar names give me pause for my hypothesis, though.
6. andrew1953 (Posts: 176; Member since: 13 Nov 2011)
Main thing I am looking for is a phone witha physical keyboard,voice guidance navigation,strong processor with long battery life and a large,bright screen with gorilla glass.also a phone that pairs up well with a tablet that has a ptotective case with bluetooth qwerty keyboard -7" screen.
10. CannedKarma (Posts: 19; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
Alan, referencing your previous post when saying that Verizon's CFO has said they'd be adding more Windows Phone is more than just a stretch -- that was a post with the man saying he considered having three smartphone OS to be a positive thing. Nowhere did he say anything remotely resembling your linked text.
Don't make snap assumptions with nothing but rumors to back them up, and sure as hell don't link them to a rumor article you yourself posted. That's ridiculously bad journalism.
16. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1451; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I predict that Windows 8 devices will appear in store for sale the middle of the third quarter 2012 . I predict Nokia windows 8 smart phones on sale in
September 2012. Microsoft I think wants to RTM Windows 8 for desktops, Laptops, and especially Tablets as soon as Windows 8 for these devices is ready.
17. prasadwolverine (Posts: 1; Member since: 25 May 2012)
I guess it 768x480 display. 768x768 and 480x480 display would be really wierd.