Nokia Symbian phones start receiving Belle Refresh update
0. phoneArena posted on 27 Aug 2012, 09:48
Nokia has started delivering an update to Symbian Belle to existing devices. The Nokia N8, Nokia E7, C7, C6-01, X7 and Nokia Oro running on version…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ryq24 posted on 27 Aug 2012, 09:57 5 0
i think its available already here in the philippines.
5. neutralguy posted on 27 Aug 2012, 10:25 3 0
THANK GOD FOR THIS NEWS. WILL UPDATE MY PHONE LATER.
*from philippines* musta kababayan? :))
20. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 27 Aug 2012, 21:44 0 0
ahahha...sige enjoy nyo yan mga kababayan ko.... gotta love nokia.. they still supporta 2 year old phones...
21. neutralguy posted on 27 Aug 2012, 23:41 2 0
hahahaha. currently updating my phone. n8.. still one of the best camera-smartphone. :))
22. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 28 Aug 2012, 01:06 1 0
yeah.... nokia make a good camera phone even sony and samsung make digicam and/or dslr...butthey cant make good camera phone...
i really miss those time when nokia and sony erricson are fighting over being the best cameraphone... i miss the cybershot series... sony should bring them back!!!
23. neutralguy posted on 28 Aug 2012, 01:21 1 0
true dude. Cybershot series were really awesome. I hope they would use xenon like what nokia's doing. Anyways, xperia tx or t will come with an amazing camera. I hope it would outmatch other devices.
26. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 28 Aug 2012, 19:01 0 0
haha.. not really outmatch...but par to the pureview tech...
2. Snoobab posted on 27 Aug 2012, 10:05 3 0
Probably the last update the N8 will ever see. So long... :'(
6. neutralguy posted on 27 Aug 2012, 10:27 10 0
even though, i'm still happy that after 2 years, n8 still have some updates.
3. harsh_doshi posted on 27 Aug 2012, 10:07 1 0
waiting eagerly for on my e6 hope it comes soon!
4. CharlieAtInfinity posted on 27 Aug 2012, 10:25 2 0
Really good job on Symbian updates Nokia, would like to see Lumia 800 update to WP 8
9. neutralguy posted on 27 Aug 2012, 10:35 1 0
sorry, lumia 800 won't be updated to 8, instead, it would be updated to 7.8 which is somehow similar to wp8..
27. CharlieAtInfinity posted on 29 Aug 2012, 08:07 0 0
Too bad.. I still preffer Symbian to Windows Phone.. but not long when Windows will have more features than Symbian.. just a matter of time!!
7. cepcamba posted on 27 Aug 2012, 10:29 5 0
My N8 is still making me happy! Gotta try updating as soon as I get home!
8. Follower posted on 27 Aug 2012, 10:34 2 8
I'm using Symbian and Android, there is no Comparison at all. really Symbian outdated.
13. neutralguy posted on 27 Aug 2012, 10:54 8 0
smoothness of symbian is also no comparison with android. That's a fact. Comparing my n8 with my galaxy y... it's like comparing a mini cooper with a bus. Seriously. almost similar specs. Galaxy y has even greater specs. Symbian became outdated when nokia dumped it and developers started leaving it behind.
Symbian is a great OS. That's undeniable. Lack of support from developers burnt it down.
24. cepcamba posted on 28 Aug 2012, 02:54 0 0
Yup, smoothness/creaminess of my N8 is comparable to my XperiaS. Some games even load faster (cut the rope). Just being comparable means a lot for Symbian Belle given the fact that N8 has only 600mhz compared to the 1.5 GHZ dual-core of my Xperia S, RAM is also less than half. Also, I can do all my daily tasks on both my N8 and Xperia S. ILOVENOKIA
What do you mean Symbian is outdated? You obviously are using a non-belle device. Functionality-wise all the belle-running devices are at par with both Android, WP, and iOS. Number of apps is the only aspect where Symbian is lagging behind, and I don't even care about that.
10. -box- posted on 27 Aug 2012, 10:38 0 0
Is the C7 Astound (T-Mobile US) getting it?
Figures this happens the day after I switch my C7 Astound for a 701 running Bell RP1, though I'll be selling both soon and getting an 808 PureView
11. rembo65 posted on 27 Aug 2012, 10:41 0 0
I got the MS Office update last week in US...but that's about it, nothing else yet...patiently waiting
16. Snoobab posted on 27 Aug 2012, 11:55 1 0
Nope, but probably for original Symbian^3 devices (N8, E7, C7, C6-01, X7 etc.)
15. pegasso posted on 27 Aug 2012, 11:08 0 0
i just checked my N8,
the update is available, but i currently on limited data plan.
can't wait to update my N8 as soon as i found a proper wifi hotspot.
25. boblight posted on 28 Aug 2012, 08:34 0 0
Hmm... Victor.H, I think there is a typo error in this sentence "...attractive feature of the Bell Refresh is the improved HTML5 support..." It is "Belle" not "Bell"! I'll like my N8 to have the latest "Bells" and Whistle, but not for it to become an actual "Bell" !